Marathon Maniacs

Upcoming Races (Read 491 times)

Go Pre!

Who is running what events in the next while?

I am limited for time & travel budget this year. Here is my list

This weekend - Misissuaga, Canada

May 24 - Ottawa, Canada
    June 20 - Niagara on the Lake, Canada (Near Niagara Falls)
    August - Drake Well - Titusville, PA - (my only 'maybe)
    Sept 27 - Scotiabank Waterfront - Toronto, Canada

Oct 18 - Goodlife Toronto - Toronto, Canada

October 25 - Niagara Falls Intl Marathon

Nov 1 - Road2Hope - Hamilton, Canada

[ will be my first back to back to back weekends ]

Dec 5 - Reggae Marathon, Negril, Jamaica

Imminent Catastrophe

Twisted Ankle (HM) next weekend, Summerville, GA. ONe of my favorites! Deadwood SD June MDI ME October Salmon ID September NYCM (lottery permitting) November Chickamauga Battlefield November Rocket City AL December (maybe)

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Disney 1/11✔ Country Music Marathon 4/25 ✔ Strolling Jim Ultra 5/2 ✔ Grandmas 6/20 [[a period of honest to goodness training with short races, for real]] Indianapolis 10/17 Louisville 10/18 (?) Monkey 11/22 Rocket City 12/12 (?)

Go Pre!

Ahhaaa..I did forget to mention the Monkey as a maybe...it will depend on funds unfortunately.

Imminent Catastrophe

Monkey's on the 22nd? Hmmm....depends on how Chickamauga goes. Anyway the RD is not allowed to run the race. It's the law. See you in Huntsville!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Monkey breaks a lot of rules. At the Monkey, the RD is required to run the race.
              evanflein

PerfesserR I love your dog. She looks like a real sweetie!

My race plans are all up in the air because I had to pull out of Boston with a sciatica attack (stopped me in my tracks) and I'm recovering now, so my May marathons (Lake Wobegon in MN this weekend, Colfax in Denver next weekend) got canceled.

So now... if the back cooperates, this is the plan (some tentative due to travel restrictions):

Jan. 11, Disney DONE

April 20, Boston (aborted at the half)

June 27, Seattle Rock-n-Roll DONE

August 2 Yukon River Trail Marathon (might not happen, schedule conflicts)

Sept. 19 Equinox Marathon Ultra (my first 50k!)

Oct. 11 Royal Victoria Marathon

December 18 Honolulu Marathon (if travel permits)

Original Plan was for 9... Now I'll be lucky to get 6 5 in.

Trying to get above the 2-star level but it's proving to be difficult!

xor

Watershed Preserve 12 Hour (local race) San Diego rnr Lake Youngs Ultra (local race) Seattle rnr *or* Kona (TBD, but not both) Missoula San Francisco Taco Man Half (local race) Haulin Aspen (Bend OR) Watershed Preserve Marathon (local race) probably Super Jock N Jill half (local race) Skagit Flats half or xduro US Championships trail half Bellingham Bay Marathon Portland Marathon Marine Corps Marathon Carkeek Park 12 Hour (local race) San Antonio Rock N Roll Seattle Marathon maybe xduro World Championships half Honolulu or Dallas White Rock Marathon

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm looking at Missoula too, if things go well in the next few weeks...

2011 Redding (CA)

Newport Marathon (Oregon) Pacific Crest Marathon (Oregon) Smith Rock Half-Marathon (Oregon) Crater Lake Marathon (Oregon) Haulin' Aspen Trail Marathon (Oregon) ... maybe (I hate trail runs) Portland Marathon (Oregon) Chicago Marathon (Illinois) Columbia River Marathon (Oregon) Tri-Cities Marathon (Washington) I'll look for your "pink" shirt Robert.

2011 Redding Marathon (CA),  2011 Yakima Marathon (WA),  2011 Eugene Marathon (OR),  2011 Newport Marathon (OR)

2011 Pacific Crest Marathon (OR),  2011 Smith Rock Summer Classic Half (OR),  2011 Haulin' Aspen Trail Half (OR)

2011 Running is for the Birds 10Km (OR),  2011 Sunriver Marathon (OR)

Imminent Catastrophe

Disney 1/11✔ Country Music Marathon 4/25 ✔ Strolling Jim Ultra 5/2 ✔
                        You'll wreck your knees, kid.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That's okay. My eucharist already fell out.
                          evanflein

SRL, decided if you are doing the Seattle RnR? Hope so...

Hey, what's going on in the Seattle area the weekend of July 18/19? Seems I have a meeting in Seattle on Monday...

xor

Hello Mrs VanF.

Yes, I'll be at Seattle rnr.  I won't be able to make Kona, and that bums me out... but I am consoling myself by going to Kona a couple weeks before.

You are in luck for July 18th and 19th.  You can even do a double!

Check the maniac calendar for the Crescent Forest Marathon on 7/18.  Heads up, though, that it is slightly longer than 26.2.  This is slightly south of Seattle.

There will likely be a race on 7/19 that isn't on the calendar yet... but my best friend is setting it up, and I'm pretty confident it'll happen.  I hope.  It'll be up at Lake Padden, which is basically Bellingham (90 min north of Seattle).

evanflein

Argh, unfortunately I won't have a car... Get in around noon on Sunday. Want to go for a run? Or are you heading up north?