Maine Runnah Group

Maine Group Runs (Read 227 times)

What group runs are you aware of in your area that are open to other runners? I know of these ones: 1. Payson Park Rat Pack - I think that they run on Sundays at 7:00 from Payson Park in Portland, but I haven't run with them since I lived on Munjoy Hill so I could be either mistaken or they could have changed their schedule. I don't know what speed they run at now, but when I ran with them there were groups that would go between 7:00 and 9:00 minutes per mile, depending upon who showed up. 2. Maine Roasters Runs - Also Sundays at 7:00, from Maine Roasters on Route 1 in Falmouth (I think they changed the name to Funky Bean or something.) You may need to be Maine Track Club technically, but I doubt they'd refuse to let you run with them if you show up. They are there every week. I haven't made it to one of these yet because I usually run with the Trail Monsters (below) but I think you can get somebody to run with at most paces for this. 3. Dirigo Runs - These rotate on Sunday mornings between Falmouth (Maine Roasters), Yarmouth (the High School) and Freeport (not sure where in Freeport) and are usually at 7:00 or 7:30. If you show up for one of these, expect to run long and fast. You'll need to be able to either know your way around on your own, or be able to average a 6:30 pace over 15-20 miles. 4. Trail Monsters - The Trail Monsters are a trail running group that meet twice a week every week year round to run trails. Yes, we run in the snow. It can be a lot of work, but its fun. For details about the next group run, you can look at the Trail Monster Running Blog (Ian Parlin's blog) or you can email Ian and get on his mailing list to be informed of runs. Pace depends upon conditions and who shows up. Pace might be anywhere from 7:30 miles in the Summer to 10:00 miles in the Winter for the guys near the front of the pack, and there are some folks that run at slower paces (especially in the warmer months.) For the general info: Saturdays - This time of year, 8:00 at Bradbury Mountain on Saturdays. Once the trails at Pineland Farms clear up, then they will start meeting at 7:00 or 7:30 either there or at Bradbury or at a few of the other trails in the surrounding area. Tuesdays - Twin Brook Recreational Park in Cumberland at 6:00 Tuesday evenings. There's a "normal" loop that we tend to run in the Summer that is about 10 kilometers. In the Winter, it changes up a little bit and sometimes goes over to the Valhalla golf course. Those are the ones that I can think of off of the top of my head.

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

well I'm new to running (since October anyway) so my pace is more like 11 minutes, sometimes 12 minutes per mile which is more like jogging. I'm guessing people at this speed usually don't join running groups, so theres nobody in that range for me at any of the groups above. Am I mostly right?
      2011 Goal: Run at least twice per week for the entire year

well I'm new to running (since October anyway) so my pace is more like 11 minutes, sometimes 12 minutes per mile which is more like jogging. I'm guessing people at this speed usually don't join running groups, so theres nobody in that range for me at any of the groups above. Am I mostly right?
        There might be some folks for the MTC roaster runs, although not sure if they are actually showing up yet. I've never actually gone to one of those, though, so not sure. Once the weather warms up the Trail Monsters might have a few folks at that pace.

Run to Win

Just got the MTC newsletter, which has a page full of runs: Kennebunk on Thursday nights, rain or shine, usually between 7 and 20 people, pace ranges from 7s to 9s or slower, distance up to 6.5 miles. Post run at Federal Jacks, meet at Meserves Market Place at 6:00 Portland / South Portland 1. Wednesday nights at 6:00 at 593 Washington Ave, Portalnd, 5 to 8 miles. 2. MRC back cove runs at 6:00 on Thursday evenings. 3. Rat Pack meets at 7:00 am on Sunday mornings at Payson Park (as mentioned above) 4. Maine Front Runners meet at Back Cove across from Hannaford on Saturdays at 9:05 am. (Gay and Lesbian) 5. Maine Mall weekdays at 1:00 in the area of Darling Ave and Foden Road, 4 to 6 miles at 8 to 9 pace. Falmouth / Cumberland / New Gloucester MTC Roaster Runs as above, Saturdays at 7:00 am, 2-20 miles from 7 pace to walking, group averages 18-24 people so lots of paces. Maine Roasters on Route 1. New Gloucester Group meets sundays at 7:30 at Pownal Hall lot on the Pineland campus.

Run to Win

Blaine: we are a group of runners from the Biddeford / Saco area with a few occasional runners from Kennebunk and one from Portland...anyways we are always open to new runners joining us. We are part of the original "Maine Rowdies" and we meet every Saturday at 07:00 AM at the cemetary on the Ferry Road in Saco. We meet every Sunday at 07:00 AM at UNE in Biddeford at 07:00 AM as well. Often times when some of us are training for marathons etc. some of us will meet earlier than the others to get more miles in and arrange to be back at the meeting area by 07:00. We will also make arrangements sometimes to run in other areas such as Back Cove in Portland, or along the Beaches in Kennbunk or Kennbunkport although we sometimes run down through the Kennebunks on some of our longer runs anyways. We usually have anywhere from 4 - 8 runners and can sometimes swell to 12. Our pace is really all over the place - anywhere from 7:00 - 9:00 depending on what is on the horizon and usually we end up running in a couple of different groups and still finishing up within a reasonable time of each other. Our faster group will also usually stop along the way to confirm which direction we are heading, distance etc. Anyways we are always interested in having new runners join us and I will extend the "official" invite so to speak.

I just found out about a new club team in mid-coast Maine that will probably have group running options. Here is their website: http://www.rockcoastrunners.com/

Run to Win

Thanks Blaine, I'm going to check the Rockland guys out as they must be the closest to me here in Belfast. I'm considering the Mothers' Day 5K in Rockland as a tune up for the Camden 10 K A

Recalculating...