Maine Runnah Group

Mid-Winter 10 Miler (Cape Eliz) (Read 776 times)

I'm in although I don't really have a race plan as of yet.  I've been concentrating on a Half Marathon I'm running Jan. 23rd in FL.  Hoping for a sub 1:40 there (really closer to 1:35 or better if things go well).  So I'll evaluate come Monday morning Jan. 24th and set my goal for this race or medium long run if the need be! Wink

I'm in. Goal TBD. Ran it last year just under 1:15, and I should be able to take a good chunk out of that this time around, but we'll see.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

an amazing likeness

I'll be (back) for this year's version.  Depending on weather, I'll probably shoot for something in the 1:17 range.  My PR at this race is 1:16, so getting to 1:17 would be a very good day.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Home Away From Home

I'm in. Goal TBD. Ran it last year just under 1:15, and I should be able to take a good chunk out of that this time around, but we'll see.

Come on Cremer, I ran a 1:14:13 last year, you should be able to kill me if I where able to run it this year. No "we'll see" about it, aim for a 1:10 or something.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Come on Cremer, I ran a 1:14:13 last year, you should be able to kill me if I where able to run it this year. No "we'll see" about it, aim for a 1:10 or something.

Well yeah, that's the idea, but I've been going through a pathetic patch lately and I'm just starting to come out the other side. I may be ready to do something there, though.

Home Away From Home

Well yeah, that's the idea, but I've been going through a pathetic patch lately and I'm just starting to come out the other side. I may be ready to do something there, though.

And what are calling pathetic? So you had a low 2 weeks but you still have 60+ weeks right before that. You ran a double the other day, not exactly pathetic.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Heh we'll see what's what soon, Michael. Work that treadmill. Robin thinks you're ready to school us. I'm not so sure she's wrong.

Home Away From Home

Heh we'll see what's what soon, Michael. Work that treadmill. Robin thinks you're ready to school us. I'm not so sure she's wrong.

If you want school on how to survive over 2 hours on a TM or how to run on a TM when rolling so a 0 incline feels like hanson ridge then I am teacher otherwise we are all students in the same class together, just occassionally some get a better gradde then others one week and the nxt week it is another of us that excels. 

MM#5768

No Talent Drips

I'll be there...first time at the mid winter for me. 1:03:25 prediction.

Dei Gratia

I'm Betty if you're Al

I'm out.  Just now thawing out from the Boston Prep...

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

an amazing likeness

I'm out.  Just now thawing out from the Boston Prep...

I know someone interested in getting in if you'd like to transfer your entry?  That or she could run as you and set a time about 2x slower than you would so that next year you can murder that baseline time.

I'm Betty if you're Al

Never signed up Milk Truck :-( Sorry.

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

an amazing likeness

Never signed up Milk Truck :-( Sorry.

No prob, thanks for the reply. So you're not really 'out', as you were never in....I see.

I'm Betty if you're Al

I'm usually always 'out' even though i may be "in" lol.

an amazing likeness

Looks like we could be in for a snowy morning on Sunday...