Maine Runnah Group

Bill Rodgers at The Maine Running Company (Read 231 times)

I posted this in the masters forum but I know that most of you Mainah's don't visit there so I figured I would post something here as well. As most of you probably knew Bill Rodgers was at The Maine Running Company in Portland to talk about marathoning and running in general last evening. What an evening it was, he is so very personable. I can't begin to tell you all how much I enjoyed getting to talk to him again and of course I took the opportunity to snap a few photos, and we gave him a "Maine Rowdies" shirt which he so graciously put on so that we could grab a few photos. What I liked the most about listening to Bill was how he puts himself at "our" level and the "what you see is what you get" persona...no phony balony! I had previously purchased a print of his 1979 Boston Marathon finish and he signed it for me last night and listed his four Boston Victory times...so cool! Here's a few of the photos I took last night: Bill Rodgers at the Maine Running Company Bill Rodgers at the Maine Running Company Bill Rodgers at the Maine Running Company A couple of my running buds (Don and Joel) and me with Bill Rodgers Joel & Bill Rodgers Me and Bill Rodgers

Very cool! I've met Bill a few times, he's a great guy. I was in CT by the time this started, though, so no chance to be there.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)