Maine Runnah Group

Auburn 5k (Read 364 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hey, Blaine, I THOUGHT I saw you cross the finish line this moring! I hesitated, though, and before I knew it, you were gone. I couldn't run because of my ankle, but I was there to watch my daughter and my friend. Katy finished in 28:15 - not a PR, but still good for a 10-year-old! It was SO hard to be a spectator! I felt like wearing a big sign that said, "I really AM a runner, but I'm injured!" Oh, well. Then Logan ran in the New England meet. His 4x800 team had the fastest time of a Maine school (8:09), and he PR'd by 18 seconds in the 3200-meter in 9:39 (2nd fastest time from Maine). A good day for running!

Sorry! I didn't spot you at the line. It was a fun race. Not nearly as fun as this morning's Bradbury Scuffle 6 mile race though. I won that on 40:58 - it was much different than the 50k I ran last year. It was awesome. I've never run that fast on the trails. I managed not to fall at all, and only twisted my ankle once.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Great job, Blaine! I think you and Logan are part billy-goat! I just heard that the state XC meet is going to be at Twin Brook this fall, because the Leavitt course doesn't stand up well in the wet conditions we seem to get every October. Good news for Greely! They have a good shot at repeating as state champs this year. Do you know which road races you will be running this summer? So far, I've signed up Logan for the July 4th race but not any others. His coach told him to take TWO weeks off from running. So his first words to me were, "OK, I"ll take Sunday off and then start biking on Monday!" The kid is driven. He is a FAST biker, too - can beat DH easily, and that's saying something. OK, time to stop chattering and get the kids off to school. Have a good week!

Do you know which road races you will be running this summer? So far, I've signed up Logan for the July 4th race but not any others.
          Right now I am planning on running the LL Bean race on July 4th (I usually run the Bridgton race but not this year), Emily's Run (in Auburn) at the end of July, Beach to Beacon, and the L/A Bridge Run at the end of August. I will be at the Bradbury Mountain Breaker on August 10th, but haven't decided if I'm going to race or volunteer yet. I originally only planned on volunteering, but the Scuffle was so much fun that I may race after all... I'll also be at the Back Cove every Wednesday night at 6:00. I don't actually race those most weeks, but I am technically running in a race so it counts. In a couple weeks I'll start doing some speedwork during the race, and then after that I might race a few if it looks like I have a chance to win shoes again.

Run to Win

Don Penta's Photos are now up. I didn't see any pictures of your daughter, but there might be a second set coming. He only has pictures of maybe 2/3 of the finishers.

Run to Win

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Don Penta's Photos are now up. I didn't see any pictures of your daughter, but there might be a second set coming. He only has pictures of maybe 2/3 of the finishers.
              Thanks, Blaine! There is one of her at the start of the race, and one close to the finish, but it's blurry. Ankle's still sore - doctor is sending me to PT. I'm glad! Still on ibuprofen, so he had me get a blood test to make sure my kidney function is OK.
                The next Auburn 5k is this Saturday, 7/26. Come check it out.
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

Shoot, I'll be in Boston - otherwise I would. Will you be running in it?

I'll be there. I'm registered for all three.

Run to Win

I'm registered for all three as well. Tomorrow's race is a good challenge, a couple of good climbs and a couple good drops. I hope there's a good crowd. I'm a big fan of the Fletchers.
                      Teresadfp

One day at a time

How did the race go??

It went pretty well. My teammate Stan won it, and I kept him pretty close the entire race. There was a bunch of kids ahead of me in the 1st kilometer, but by 2k there were only 4 people ahead of me and by 2.5k there were only 2 people ahead of me. That wouldn't change through the rest of the race. Ran a solid effort; felt like I could have kept going but certainly noticed what I was doing. Ran 16:45, right about where I wanted to be. Unfortunately, both of the guys that beat me also beat me at the Fit Fest, so chances are pretty good that I won't get 1st or 2nd in the 3-race series and may have trouble taking 3rd place. Both Stan and Erica Jesseman (the women's winner) donated their prize money to the Emily Fletcher Foundation rather than taking their checks, which was cool. Erica had to because she's still in school, but Stan didn't.

Run to Win

I thought it was really cool when those guys donated their winnings. Blaine, you'll probably see Stan sometime soon, tell him there are lots of folks in Auburn that think he's a good guy. I had fun at the race. My goal was to take the first mile easy and then pick it up for the second and bring it back a little for the third. The hill right after the second mile marker usually hits me like a brick wall, but I was able to run through it this year after slowing a little bit. My splits were 7:28, 6:39, 7:39 and I finished in 22:34. I was hoping to run a little faster, but this was a pretty good time for me on this course, so I'm happy. In the past, I've struggled to break 24 on this course. I'm really hoping to break 22 at the Bridge Run. Looking at my calendar, it's not very far away. I just have the Beach to Beacon before the bridge run on the 24th.
                            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good job, guys! I made it 5.4 miles this morning without my ankle hurting, so the B2B should go OK. If I have to walk a little, I will. I hope it's as cool Saturday as it was this morning!

I thought it was really cool when those guys donated their winnings. Blaine, you'll probably see Stan sometime soon, tell him there are lots of folks in Auburn that think he's a good guy.
                                Will do.

Run to Win