Maine Runnah Group

Power Outage (Read 10 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Is anyone still without power?  Ours finally came on at noon today (Thursday).  3 1/2 days.  It wasn't safe to run our computers off of the generator we own, so our home business was dead in the water.  We've just ordered a generator with an inverter so we won't have a problem the next this this happens.

I couldn't believe how long Route One in Yarmouth  was without power!  What a mess.

an amazing likeness

Power was still out when I left this morning (Thursday), but appears to have come back some time today as answering machine now picks up when I call.

We have a small Honda generator, enough to run a few lights (actually lights are no load at all now that all bulbs are LEDs), the TV and charge phones, laptops.  Woodstove for heat. Grill outside to cook a burger, but hot water ended sometime Monday night, and had to chuck everything from the fridge and freezer. Work has shower, and the Freeport Y opened for another shower site, so it really is just inconvenient.

Notable this time was how overloaded the cell service was -- it would work well from about 12 midnight to 7AM, then during the day, you couldn't use cell for anything other than sending texts.

Amazing how many trees this storm took out.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

We got off lucky, never lost power. We usually don't. I'm told it's because of our proximity to the local hospital. Lots around here (Sanford) did, though, and some are still without.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

My street in Naples got power back last night. I was pleasantly surprise since I was expecting/fearing a much longer wait.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I was with 8 other people last night, and only two of us had had their power restored already!