Maine Runnah Group

How is Everyone? (Read 218 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

How is everyone doing? Did anyone run a race over Thanksgiving? I got back from South Africa Wednesday afternoon, so I didn't try a Turkey Day race this year. I did get to run 10 miles in Cape Town last week, though! I couldn't run much on our trip, so this week will probably be challenging. I ate way too much.

I've been busy. Ran 100 miles last week, just over 20 miles this week. Left calf was a bit sore and since I'd scheduled this week as a cut back week anyway it seemed to make sense to take it easy. Hopefully this coming week will be pain free.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

an amazing likeness

Welcome back Teresa, saw your posting over in the forums on running in SA and not running in the safari camps -- sounds interesting, to say the least. While you were gone, RA was dominated by everything related to the large group of folks who ran the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey marathon. Time to send in your registration for the mid-winter 10-miler in Cape in early Feb, if you haven't already.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for the reminder! I'm fighting discouragement right now - post-trip blahs, plus my running partner's hip problem is sidelining her through the end of February, she figures. Argh. Time to HTFU, huh??
          PWL

Has been

Wife and I ran the Turkey Trot in Cape Elizabeth. I ran with her as a pacer--she managed to take close to a minute off her PR! It is the first race we have actually run together from start to finish. It was fun. We need to sign up for the MTC 10-miler--I keep meaning to. I'll get to it. I'm still adjusting to cold weather running.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Still here! I hope you had a wonderful trip. I've cut back on the miles (but I still plan to make the 1000 mile mark for 2008). I'm weight training, curling and getting ready for X-day. Training plan starts up again in January. A

Recalculating...