Maine Runnah Group

Mid Winter Classic (Read 178 times)

I'm Betty if you're Al

Sold out already???

AHHHHH!!! Shocked

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

Yeah - the race was almost 3/4 full when registration opened so it only took a day and a half to fill, unfortunately. Sad

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

If you want to run you have until tomorrow at 4:00 to add yourself to the waiting list.

Run to Win

an amazing likeness

Caught the last 30 minutes of a documentary on MPBN television, The Home Road, about a gentleman, Ray Shevenell, 74, who set out to walk from Quebec to Biddeford -- retracing the steps of his great-grandfather immigrating to Biddeford on foot from Quebec.

He's wearing MidWinter 10 shirts of recent vintage for most of the walk.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Hey, that's cool! I'd missed this. I passed it along to the rest of the race director crew (though I'd be surprised if they hadn't already seen it.)

Run to Win

an amazing likeness

Registration for 2020 MWC 10-Miler is next Monday, 25 Nov.  Get your web browser ready and warmed up.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I've been out with tendinitis for a full year but I'm finally starting Couch to 5K again.  I hope my ankle holds up.

mdolley

Funky kicks 2019

Theresa  I have tendonitis too, for a year.  How did you get better?  I've been doing the eccentric heel lowering and not running.  Any other suggestions?

PS not to go too off topic - myself and a friend are volunteering at Midwinter classic  ; )

Michelle

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Theresa  I have tendonitis too, for a year.  How did you get better?  I've been doing the eccentric heel lowering and not running.  Any other suggestions?

PS not to go too off topic - myself and a friend are volunteering at Midwinter classic  ; )

Michelle

To be honest, I mainly just rested it.  PT didn't seem to do much if anything.  I also use ankle braces if I'm going to be doing a lot of walking or running.

an amazing likeness

Registration opens at 7Am tomorrow (Mon 6 Dec 2021) for remaining spots...

Registration opens at 7Am tomorrow (Mon 6 Dec 2021) for remaining spots...

See ya there.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

See ya there.

In 2023, perhaps. Ah well.

an amazing likeness

Tough decision to have to make, but understandable. It's tangential from the issue of herding nearly 1000 people closely into a group, but I'm uncomfortable with the thought of taking time & energy from Cape E's police and paramedics during these times.

What really impresses me is the quality of their (Chandra & Blaine?) communications and information; be it website, email content and organization -- I can't think of another race which does it any better...

Yep, totally agree with all of that.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ugh, I agree with the decision but it's tough to know we're moving backwards.  So sick of this.