Maine Runnah Group

B 2 B Registration, good luck. (Read 193 times)

an amazing likeness

8AM tomorrow, Saturday 3-13-2010.

Be there.

Be quick.

Good luck!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yep, I'm going to start trying at 7:58 am for my running partner and myself.  My son decided not to run this year.  I hope we make it!  I need some motivation right now.  Mine keeps disappearing, which is annoying since the weather is so perfect right now.

I've decided not to bother registering. If I'm invited to run, then I will, otherwise I'll either volunteer or do the Bitch to Bacon instead.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Much better this year!  By 8:23, I was able to register my running partner and myself.  She was #997 or so, and I am #1541.  There were a lot of page hangups, but the credit card payment went through smoothly.  Whew! 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I clicked on the site at 9:08, and they're already on the lottery system!  Wow.  I wonder how long it took to get to 4,000?!?

an amazing likeness

I'd guess it took 30 minutes or less to fill the open registration.  It would have been faster if the web servers hadn't been overwhelmed.

For me, it was about like last year -- constant 404 and 500 (server side) errors and having to beat on the refresh to get pages.  Took about 25 minutes total. I got to the waiver screen at 8:02, and then took another 20 minutes to complete registration.

It baffles me why folks who have situations like this, where they know a crush is coming, don't have their web pages optimized for speed and do the little things like remove images, minimize post backs, etc.

Teresa --- you mention knowing what number you were in the registration process, where did you find that number?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

On the race registration page that I printed out, it shows "Confirmation #: 1541."  I assumed that's the number of registrations processed.  It made sense, since we did Martha first and she was #997.  I don't think the numbers are random.

I didn't know you could remove images!  I was able to do two registrations in 23 minutes, so my machine must have been OK, anyway.  I did close out all my other programs first.  I kept hitting refresh, too.

It took 32 minutes on Saturday (official word)

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)