Maine Runnah Group

Who (in Maine) is out there? (Read 526 times)

Home Away From Home

Welcome Tom, I am new to this thread as well so nice to have company. 

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Hey, welcome Tom.  Are you fairly new to RunningAhead, or just now finding our quiet Maine group?

I think I've used RunningAhead a couple of years now.  I was using WeEndure.com before, but their site isn't as reliable and a little slow at times.  So ya, I just found the Maine Runnah group.  I joined the 1000 mile group too to motivate myself to get some more miles in this year.  Is there a way to get email updates from the forum threads?

an amazing likeness

I joined the 1000 mile group too to motivate myself to get some more miles in this year.  Is there a way to get email updates from the forum threads?

Nope, there's no email or RSS from message threads in RA.  The site's developer has heard the request quite a bit, so its probably in the to-do hopper.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I live in cumberland and am definitely a beginner....I usually run for a few months and build up to doing 3 miles or so, then for some reason stop all together for a few months, then a few months later repeat.  I think most of this is because I have a 1 year old at home, and I run solo and never really ran more than a half mile before the age of 26  (just turned 30!!!).  If there are any beginning runners out there in the portland or greater-portland area needing a running partner, I need you!

2011 Goal: Run at least twice per week for the entire year

Home Away From Home

Welcome eyedocguy. Can't say I am a beginner nor am I really in your area but welcome anyway.  Don't give up. I remember when iI first started the first year was the hardest, just never really wanted to run, never enjoyed it, but then finally it broke through to the enjoyable and now I hate to miss a day, though I do miss them frequently. 

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

an amazing likeness

eyedocguy -- aren't you the current owner of this RA group ?  So you're not new here on RA, are you?

Im not new no, i started this group a while back when i first started running, and wanted to hear advice from local runners and maybe meet some new people, i just have trouble with sticking with running and tend to fall off the wagon A LOT. I still want to be a runner, just need to get with the program!
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

All right, eyedocguy, I'm in the same boat, so let's get with it!!  I am committing to three runs this week and four next week.  How about you?

Ok teresa! I'll commit to 2 this week since its almost over, and 3 next week. They might turn out to be pretty sad performances but itll be good to get out there

an amazing likeness

Eyedoc -- no workouts logged yet in 2011 there guy.  What's going on?  Get out there man.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Andy, were you running down East Main Street about 6:30 Friday night?  I thought I might have seen you.

Teresa

an amazing likeness

Andy, were you running down East Main Street about 6:30 Friday night?  I thought I might have seen you.

Could have been...I was headed that way at around that time on my jog Friday evening.  Can't recall specifically, but I think I was wearing black pants, white tech shirt, yellow hat and a couple lights.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yes, I think it was you!  Cool, I'm always looking for you.  I've probably seen you before and didn't realize it.  I'll be running on North Road in the morning if the visibility is OK.  Maybe we'll head over to Mountfort instead, though.

an amazing likeness

I'll be running on North Road in the morning if the visibility is OK.  Maybe we'll head over to Mountfort instead, though.

If you haven't been over that way in while...Mountfort Rd, Royall Rd, Sligo and Ledge are all in great shape -- well plowed and even some room on the shoulders. Granite is tight and I've been avoiding it.  North (as you would know) from Elm St north is good, but towards town the sidewalks from Leighton Rd into East Main are useless, 100% ice.