Maine Runnah Group

Safe passage 5K in cumberland this saturday (Read 233 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

That's really interesting, Blaine. I didn't think about it being different up here. There DID seem to be a lot more young runners in the Austin race! And dogs, lol. Everyone in that city must run with their dog. I hope the trend doesn't spread up here.

Some friends of mine bring their dogs on trail runs, but they run free so there's no leashes to worry about. And since they usually do 15-20 miles, they are pretty well "trained" - heheh.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My running partner said that the Sea Dogs Race is banning dogs, and if you have a stroller, you have to walk with it, not run. They said they would enforce the rules - I hope so!

Other than seeing eye dogs I don't see any reason for dogs to run in a road race. Or really for trail races, although it is less of an impact especially for small races over a large area.

Run to Win

Here's a link to all of the race photos that are online from the race. If you know of any others, let me know so I can add them to the list: http://news.runtowin.com/2008/04/26/safe-passage-5k-2008.html Teresa, you'll want to take a look at set 1 pictures 128-129 and set 2 picture 32. Tim, you'll want to take a look at set 2 picture 47.

Run to Win

haha I look like I'm in pain. I don't remember feeling that tired or anything, maybe thats my jogging face.
              2011 Goal: Run at least twice per week for the entire year
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for posting the link to the photos, Blaine. I just now remembered to look at them! I especially like the one of the guy finishing just after Katy, lol. Funny to see someone like that get beaten by a tiny 10-year-old girl! Big grin