Maine Runnah Group

Half-Marathon (Read 275 times)

highonrunning

Hey everyone Im looking to do a Half Marathon This late Spring, Early Summer. I was looking at doing the Suguarloaf 15k, but it may interfere with my Outdoor track schedule. Do you know of any others around this time, that are within 2 hour driving distance, say of Portland, or Bangor? Thanks!

I usually run the New Bedford Half Marathon, which is a hike from Portland and is in mid-March. It's part of the USATF Grand Prix, and is the only grand prix race that Dirigo actually competed at this year, I think. (Which is unfortunate.)

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

an amazing likeness

Eric, The Half at The Hamptons is in mid-February, Hampton NH. (link) The Run for the Border half is in late March. It is a 20-miler from Kittery to the MA border and a half from Rye NH to the MA board. (link) The Great Bay Half is in early April, outside Portsmouth. (link) The Big Lake Half is in early May, Alton NH. (link) Then late May, like you say is the Sugerloaf half and marathon. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

highonrunning

thanks guys...I'm glad there are options, some aren't just the right time....