Maine Runnah Group

What the heck is going on down there....Seriously. (Read 405 times)

an amazing likeness

What the heck is going on with you folks from Sanford, Springvale, Berwick and whatever else is stuffed over there in that lower left corner.

20 mile runs on treadmills...

3 runs a day...

group runs...

400 day running streaks...

Ya'll are runner freaks.  Scary stuff, I've stopped log stalking, it's too depressing to read and then just go jog around the block once a day.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

L Train

Those dudes are FUBAR.  Especially the chick.

And, we just happen to have the perfect storm; there are like 10 of us going to Boston, maybe 8 of which (including myself) are first timers. I'm lucky to have these fast people around me that push to make me better and are actually nicer people than me. 

The TM runs are because we have little choice.  3 runs in a day isn't happening.  A few of them double on Tuesdays, that's it.  And sometimes I'll log my cool down, warm up and workout differently, and it ends up looking like three runs.  

No worries, we're not doing anything weird. 

Really. 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Then there's me, who has slacked off entirely.  Sigh.  And in six days I'll be in Texas and complaining that it's too hot to run. 

Sorry, I'm grumpy today.  Kid in college is struggling.

I think it's something in the water.

Home Away From Home

It the group that keeps me motivated down here. I see certain ones like "the chick" harass people if she sees a goose egg so I make sure to only have one every once in awhile. Plus when the email goes out to have a group run it is a lot easier to say yes and run with friends then go it alone.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

I blame the others. I used to be normal. Well, no, that's a lie, but I used to be somewhat more normal. No, that's not right either. Okay, I was never normal, and then they led me astray. "Come run with us some Tuesday night", they said. Two years later, the obsession only seems to get worse. God help me.

Or, maybe it's just as simple as this... It's Sanford. What the hell else is there to do?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Home Away From Home

Or, maybe it's just as simple as this... It's Sanford. What the hell else is there to do?

I second that, it is either hang out a shitty slum bar or run, I'll take the run.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

L Train

For instance, Cremer.  This 74 mile week you have going just isn't going to cut it.  Slacker. 

Took me a second to figure out that that's what you see in your weird "week starts on Sunday" world heh. For a second there I thought you could see the future.

L Train

Took me a second to figure out that that's what you see in your weird "week starts on Sunday" world heh. For a second there I thought you could see the future.

20 last Sunday, 20 this Sunday, what's the difference. 

But I'm thinking this could be 24 if you're up for it. 

24 is why I'm iffy for the possible 3/13 adventure. That's what I have pencilled in that day. 18ish is good this week. Then again I spose I could switch that. Hmmm.

an amazing likeness

You are all freaks.  Runner freaks, but still freaks.

Wink

L Train

You are all freaks.  Runner freaks, but still freaks.

Wink

Come on down sometime.  You'll fit right in.

an amazing likeness

Come on down sometime.  You'll fit right in.

Phhewww....as if.