Maine Runnah Group

Need to find late summer half marathon! (Read 322 times)

I am planning on doing my first marathon in early October.  I would like to run a half marathon 4-6 weeks before without tapering to see what kind of shape I will be in for that race.  I can't seem to find anything reasonably close to southern ME in the 8/21-9/5 date range.  Any ideas?

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy

an amazing likeness

I have a vague recall of a half in Hannover NH (Dartmouth) that happens right before school starts, late August.  Also there's one in Plymouth MA, or somewhere on the Cape, really early in September -- some folks used it last year for a final test before the Maine Marathon. Sorry, don't know the name or details on either. 

Check out www.halfmarathons.net, or post over the "Half Marathon Trainers" group here on RA for more ideas. 

I think the challenge for your timing is that few races will be scheduled over the Labor Day weekend.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Yup, the one in Hannover is at the end of August, or it was last year, not sure what the schedule calls for this year but probably around the same time:

http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=294855

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I was afraid of that - I really don't want to drive 2+ hours.  I know my timing is tricky, but I want to do the marathon at Hampton Beach on 10/3.

highonrunning

Hi,

Old topic i know, but you should be aware of the follwing half-marathons. They might not be in your area of interests (small and not on the right dates, but consider them)

Sunday, July 11, 8 a.m PFBF Half Marathon - Oakland

6/26 - Rail Trail Half Marathon - Augusta

Thanks, Eric.  I know about those races, but they are too early for me.  I've decided to bump up my marathon to November and do the Maine half marathon in October.

Thanks, Eric.  I know about those races, but they are too early for me.  I've decided to bump up my marathon to November and do the Maine half marathon in October.

I think the Maine Half is a great race for you Jeff, you are going to fly!