Maine Runnah Group

Morning runner hit by vehicle in North Yarmouth (Read 275 times)

an amazing likeness

From the Press Herald web site: Cumberland County Sheriff's deputies are investigating a hit and run crash in North Yarmouth that sent a morning jogger to the hospital. Authorities say a member of the Army, due to leave tomorrow for deployment to Iraq, was jogging on Route 231, also called New Gloucester Road, at 6 a.m. when a vehicle hit him from behind. A driver for Sysco Inc. drove past a few minutes later and found the soldier, called 911 and administered first aid, the sheriff's office said. The soldier's injuries were not life-threatening, the sheriff's office said. Holy crap -- how do you hit someone. And, then not stop ! On our country roads, it is insanity to not run against traffic.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, that's scary. Not far from my house! I don't run that far, but DS does. I see people all the time in North Yarmouth running on the wrong side of the road. Now it will be hard not to stop and tell them what happened!

Wow, that's horrible. He's out of the hospital now with some scrapes and cuts and a leg injury: http://news.mainetoday.com/updates/033710.html Could have been much worse. Just one of the many reasons that you should always run facing traffic. In related news, they haven't released the name yet until they find next of kin, but I think I know who the 74 year old in the wheel chair is that got hit by a truck yesterday: http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=213409&ac=PHnws

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

highonrunning

wow thats scary...Just another reminder that you should always run against Traffic. Sad at the same time that some person just couln't be considerate either.

an amazing likeness

Considerate in what way, Eric -- as in considerate that they should have stopped after hitting him, or considerate in not hitting him in the first place ? Wink

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

highonrunning

Well...since he hit him...he should have stopped...who knows what this world is coming to.