Maine Runnah Group

Diamond J - Mother's Day 5K (Read 303 times)

an amazing likeness

Scanned the results old style last night..read them in the paper....

Looks like DiamondJ (Jeff) hammered it home in 5th overall in 16:32.  But in a dead heat for 4th, same time.

Wow...that's flying.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, great job, Jeff!!!  I didn't run it this year.  It looked crowded, but I guess that wasn't a problem for you!  Wink

From what I can see of the finishing photos and the "gun-time" Diamond J should have been in 4th overall.  Gun time for the listed 4th place finisher is actually :00.94 seconds behind Jeff which is also corroborated by the photos at the finish!

4  2444 Jon McGonagle   16:32  5:20   16:33 26    4/830  M   2/72   M2529  PORTLAND        ME 
        5  2216 Jeff Cole              16:32  5:20   16:32 32    5/830  M   1/95   M3034  BIDDEFORD       ME

Diamond J approaching the finish:

Diamond J starting to turn it up a notch:

Diamond J with a finishing kick:

And the finish - Diamond J puts a little distance between him and # 2444:

I wanted to add that I wasn't there and I haven't talked to Daimond J yet so I don't know what the story is.  But it sure looks like he finished ahead of the listed #4 finisher unless he just stopped and the other guy walked in ahead of him.  That still doesn't explain the listed "Gun Time" differential.  And luckily it doesn't change his Age Group status so no harm done either way.

L Train

Nice race, Jeff!

Great job!

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

an amazing likeness

And for the Father's Day race, Jeff knocked another 8 seconds off and is listed at 16:24, for 7th position.

If I'm correct, this is from a guy who just started running fairly recently....geez, that's something.

Someday, I'm going to have to stop being such a wuss and run a 5K, but I'd be happy with 16:24 for my splits at mile 2.

an amazing likeness

From what I can see of the finishing photos and the "gun-time" Diamond J should have been in 4th overall.  Gun time for the listed 4th place finisher is actually :00.94 seconds behind Jeff which is also corroborated by the photos at the finish!

4  2444 Jon McGonagle   16:32  5:20   16:33 26    4/830  M   2/72   M2529  PORTLAND        ME 
                  5  2216 Jeff Cole              16:32  5:20   16:32 32    5/830  M   1/95   M3034  BIDDEFORD       ME

And the finish - Diamond J puts a little distance between him and # 2444:

Did anyone see this photo, or one very close it, was in this month's New England Runner?  The caption has the runners wrong, Jeff doesn't get credt for leading the pack in the photo, they have two guys flipped.