Maine Runnah Group

Jeff Caron has joined an elite development program (Read 217 times)

Some of you may remember Jeff Caron. He grew up in and went to school in Southern Maine, ran for Dirigo for a short time after graduating, and has spent the past couple of years running for New Balance in Boston. He's recently gotten an opportunity to join an elite development project in California, so he wrote a great letter to a bunch of us up here with his thoughts on the matter. I highly recommend that you take a read: http://news.runtowin.com/2008/06/13/letter-from-jeff-caron.html (Republished his letter w/permission.)

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I watched Jeff run a lot in his high school days. I'm pretty sure he was a part of one of the ELHS state championship teams for outdoor track, maybe the one in 2003? I may have my dates messed up. I am always happy to see his name in a local race, it's been good to see him still running in the state from time to time. I wonder if he'll get back for Emily's run this year? Anyway, it's good to see him doing well.

I wonder if he'll get back for Emily's run this year?
        I don't see it as likely. He just spent a week driving out to California and then immiediately flew to the trials, so my assumption is that he'll still be settling in. He's also got some lingering injuries that he's recovered enough to train on but probably not to race on quite yet.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)