Maine Runnah Group

Who (in Maine) is out there? (Read 526 times)

No Talent Drips

Me? I'm nobody (hence "nemo"). 

Just recently found RA and have been using the log and lurking the forums for the past month.  I live and work in Hancock county with my wife, kid, dog, and my wife's cats.  Try to train as much as I can in Acadia because I FIRMLY believe that the carriage trails do magical things for marathoners. 

I'll run any race distance, but run most shorter races with speedwork in mind--as I try to get back to sub3 marathon times. I've hit that mark twice, but not since October of 2007 (PEI Marathon).  Hoping to go sub3 at Boston this year.  I'll be at the Mid-Winter Classic this Feb (first time there) as a tempo run for Boston.  

I need the spring goal race to keep me motivated through the winter. And if I didn't run, I'd smoke. So I run.  

Any one else out there? 

Dei Gratia

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hi, Nemo!  I'm glad you found RA.  It's a wonderful website. 

I agree with you about the carriage roads.  I ran around Witch Hole Pond last year.  I told my husband I hope he didn't mind, but I was moving to Bar Harbor, just so I could run on the trails!  Wow, I love them.

I live in North Yarmouth with my husband, collie, and two younger kids (12 and 15).  The oldest one is a freshman at the University of Texas at Austin. My husband and I are engineers and run our business out of our home.

I'm 48 and a very slow runner, but running has changed my life!  I'm much happier and healthier, having lost 30 pounds.  Next week, I'm meeting a bunch of the RA ladies in Las Vegas for the R&R Half Marathon.

Congratulations on your running!  You are fast!  I like hearing about you fast Mainers!

Teresa

Welcome to RA Nemo!  Damn, I would love to see some of those times you've run and are currently running.  I only started about 8 years ago and was doing quite well as I progressed but have been fighting injuries the better part of the last two years.  However, I have finally gotten to the point where I think (cautiously optomistic) I've turned the corner.  I'm currently training for the Ocala Half Marathon in Ocala, FL (January 23) where my primary goal is to run a 1:40 to qualify me for the NY Marathon next year.  My secondary goal is to run as close to 1:30 as I can.  So far the training is going well...only time will tell.  I will be at the Mid-WInter Classic as well, hopefully recovering from a good half!  I'll also be running Boston (seventh straight) and will be shooting for a 3:20 - 3:30 at least. 

Good luck and look forward to seeing you at the Mid-winter classic.

No Talent Drips

Nice to hear from you Teresa and Runnah...and thanks for the "fast" remarks. When one runs in the same geographic area as Louie Luchini and Judson Cake, fast takes on a whole new meaning.  

Congrats on the 30lb loss Teresa and good luck in your half. Runnah, see you in Cape Elizabeth...and good luck in your half too.

3 in Maine, eh? I suppose we are a small (population) state...

Dei Gratia

an amazing likeness

Hi there Nemo. Welcome!

Things can get fairly quiet in here at times, so I haven't swung by to see the latest and missed your post until tonight.  I'm from Yarmouth and am a hobby jogger.   I run some races every now and then (8 - 10 year) to keep goals in front of me, and try to log about 2,000 miles most years (but not gonna happen this year).

There are actually a number of folks from Maine active in the RA community, not all of them post in this forum, in addition to folks who've already introduced themselves here,  the list includes:

Run2Win

Roadshuffler

LTrain

SaltyDog

DiamondJ

TMacky22

I'm sure I'm missing some folks, those are just the ones that I can recall off the top of my head. 

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Eric Mauricette

I'm Betty if you're Al

Hi all!

My name is Tracey living in Kennebunk and I have been road racing for the past 2 years.  I've always been into organized sports (field hockey, basketball, softball) and I started running for fun in college to stay in shape.  I'm in a slump right now because I'm recovering from some intense IT Band issues, but I'm SLOWLY getting back up to speed.  First race in 2011 will be the disney 1/2, running with my brother who will be running a 1/2 for the first time! Then the Boston Prep 16-miler and I'm looking foward to the "moderatley challenging" course!!I 

Oh, I highly suggest ART (active release therapy) for those suffering any IT band issues.  Just make sure the chiropractor you are going to is certified!  My main goal last year (with the absolute support and help from Diamond J) was to BQ.  I did at the Maine Marathon!

I have more intense goals set for myself this year and I appreciate running ahead because it helps to keep me in check and honest with regards to running. 

I have also started incorporating Yoga into my training and so far I love it!  Highly suggest that too! 

Ok, gotta run!

Tracey

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

RA is a great log; been using it a few years now.

I run in the Portland area, getting to the trails at Bradbury, Pineland, Sebago, and Twin Brooks as often as possible. Now that Winter is coming, a lot more trails will be opening up once the snow comes down.

I used to do a lot of short distance racing and still do on occasion, but most of my goals are marathon or ultramarathon centered now.

I've been pretty busy lately so haven't spent much time in the forums the past couple months.

If you have a few minutes and get bored, I've got a website devoted to running at http://news.runtowin.com

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

an amazing likeness

Site redesign looks great Blaine.  Nice upgrade.

Site redesign looks great Blaine.  Nice upgrade.

Thanks! Took quite a while to get everything working the way I wanted, although I've been looking at that basic layout for about 2 months. Just went live for everyone else.  Beats the look the site has had for the past 5 or 6 years hands down.

Run to Win
                      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Home Away From Home

Hello All, I just joined your group, I am fellow runner from Southern Maine, I run with Greg_C, L-Train, Salty and others who I saw MilkTruck mentioned above.  I have been looking for a group of Maine Runners and here you are. I don't follow the posts daily but I do check in periodically and post a few replies.  Good to meet you all.Smile

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

L Train

Here in beautiful Sanford/Springvale.  I wasn't really aware of this group (or had forgotten about it).

i and several others locally will me at Midwinter Classic (where I hope Road Shuffler does not pass me again), and Derry before that. 

Home Away From Home

Here in beautiful Sanford/Springvale.  I wasn't really aware of this group (or had forgotten about it).

i and several others locally will me at Midwinter Classic (where I hope Road Shuffler does not pass me again), and Derry before that. 

Unfortunately I shall not make that one, as my name implies, I will be out sailing the seas.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

I'm out there, or on the treadmill.  I live in Wells and work in Portland.  Usually I'll do the back cove loop during lunch, the gym at work, the Y in Portland, Biddo or Sanford.  My wife runs too, more than me right now because she's training for Boston.  Ran x-c for Wells back in HS and a little in college.

I also really like to mtn bike, road bike and downhill ski.

-tom

an amazing likeness

Hey, welcome Tom.  Are you fairly new to RunningAhead, or just now finding our quiet Maine group?