Maine Runnah Group

pacers (Read 172 times)

Dear Blaine, This is a long shot, but are there pacers at the Maine marathon? -I'm running in the half (totally getting worried) What's everyone's opinion about them anyway... Thanks, A

Recalculating...

an amazing likeness

Ayola, I didn't see any (obvious) pace groups in last year's edition. Don't take that as the official word, but nothing obvious. Also, no pace zones at the start line.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I'm not sure. There weren't any pacers when I ran it in 2003, but I haven't been in town for it for 3 or 4 years now and have never run the half, just the full that one time. (Nor will I be around this year, I'll be at a friend's wedding in CT that weekend.)

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

PWL

Has been

I ran the full and my wife ran the half last year. I don't recall seeing any "official" pacers, although I do remember a bunch of people running in groups for a good portion of the race. I vaguely remember something about Maine Running Company or Peak Performance doing a training group that culminated with the Maine Marathon but I don't know whether that included pacers for the actual race or not. Long story short...I don't know.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

thanks for the info guys, I'll be starting way at the back - McMillian/ Team Oregon have me paced for a 2:17 HM finish A

Recalculating...