Marathon Race Training

Maybe it's time to revive this group... (Read 96 times)

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

...as the new RWOL 'upgrade' is a hot mess.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

...and now they're going away.

DennisF6

I hope we do get MANY RW refugees here.  I've got a marathon coming up soon and was waiting until this weekends HM result to ask for pace advice.

joay

Yes, time to revive this group! Goodbye RWOL

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Ilana - Thanks for (re)starting this up!

Dennis - Good luck on the Half this weekend!  Post back to see what pace(s) it points to.

I've got Chicago in less than 2 weeks.  No real time goal... just looking to just make it out in once piece with a medal around my neck.  Ok, secretly going for 3:45.... crap, the secret is out!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

I've been in this group for a few years since the first RWOL exodus, so I guess it's time to comment.  I also have Chicago in two weeks. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Let me see if I can get the owner to either come back, or to give me admin status.  Anyone else want to be an admin on this?

Booyah!

I've been in this group for a few years since the first RWOL exodus, so I guess it's time to comment.  I also have Chicago in two weeks. Smile

Yea me too...

Hello fellow refugee's. 

PR's:

5K- 20:15 (2017)   HM- 1:39:38 (2012)    FM- 3:26:53 (2016)

Docket_Rocket

Let me see if I can get the owner to either come back, or to give me admin status.  Anyone else want to be an admin on this?

No.  Although I end up with admin status whether I like it or not, sometimes.  Oh, well.

If you can't find the person, ask Eric and see if he would make the switch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi!  I was mostly a lurker in the marathon forum on RWOL and spent most of my time in the women's forum and ultra forum.  (I posted as DaniBIrd).  I haven't been running for most of the month due to medical stuff but I was cleared to start running again this weekend!  I don't have any races on the calendar but I'm getting antsy so that might change.  Always enjoy hearing about what other people are doing.

Good luck to Dennis on the HM this weekend.  What marathon do you have coming up?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

No.  Although I end up with admin status whether I like it or not, sometimes.  Oh, well.

If you can't find the person, ask Eric and see if he would make the switch.

Found the owner, got admin status. :-)

Let's roll!

DennisF6

Good luck to Dennis on the HM this weekend.  What marathon do you have coming up?

Thanks to you and Bert-o for the good luck wishes!

Marathon is the Indianapolis Monumental on 11/4.

I'm pretty nervous about it since I have yet to complete a marathon anywhere near what I feel I should be capable of.  Started three.  Finished two with death marches and had one DNF due to injury.  But you know the old saying - fourth times a charm!

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Thanks to you and Bert-o for the good luck wishes!

Marathon is the Indianapolis Monumental on 11/4.

I'm pretty nervous about it since I have yet to complete a marathon anywhere near what I feel I should be capable of.  Started three.  Finished two with death marches and had one DNF due to injury.  But you know the old saying - fourth times a charm!

If you post in this group (start your own thread) asking for pace advice, I'll be sure to take a shot.

Docket_Rocket

If you post in this group (start your own thread) asking for pace advice, I'll be sure to take a shot.

Smile  She's back!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Testing!!