Marathon Race Training

Maybe it's time to revive this group... (Read 96 times)

RunnerJones

Will Run for Donuts!

I'm in!

Still going to miss RWOL though.

Mr MattM

Blast from the past...

be curious; not judgmental

Bee2005

I'll join also. Mostly a lurker at the old site, but that's where I learned most of what I know about running! I'm in the midst of training and DH doesn't want to hear me talk about running 24/7 so you all are the next best thing.

Coastal

I'll lurk, too.  It's been a while since my iAT allowed me enough mileage to run a marathon, but one can hope.

ap4

If you post in this group (start your own thread) asking for pace advice, I'll be sure to take a shot.

You should make a sticky with your list of relevant questions. But be sure to lock it for the people who don't read directions.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

You should make a sticky with your list of relevant questions. But be sure to lock it for the people who don't read directions.

I have to go find a copy first.  And then figure out how to make a sticky, and how to lock it.  My task for the day!

Tejas Runner

Another RW refugee.  Just saying hi.

Doing the Marine Corps Marathon ni 3 and a half weeks.  Training has been going great but I am a little worn down.  Ready for the taper.

Tejas

RunnerJones

Will Run for Donuts!

Another RW refugee.  Just saying hi.

Doing the Marine Corps Marathon ni 3 and a half weeks.  Training has been going great but I am a little worn down.  Ready for the taper.

Tejas

Good luck!  I'm in for my first MCM too.  Wish I hadn't waited until they jacked the entrance fee up though!

not lazy, just tired

Good to see so many RWOL refugees. I was mainly a lurker on the marathon forum, having run only one marathon and not having any knowledge to impart. I'm registered for Boston next spring (I'm slow, but also old so managed to qualify). Hopefully I'll get there in one piece 

Not if it makes sense.

I still have my account here since I moved here for a while after the RWOL spam attacks. Guess I'll probably pop in now and then.

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

Good to see so many RWOL refugees. I was mainly a lurker on the marathon forum, having run only one marathon and not having any knowledge to impart. I'm registered for Boston next spring (I'm slow, but also old so managed to qualify). Hopefully I'll get there in one piece 

A BQ in your first marathon!  Nice!  Whatever the reason, you clearly did something right.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

RSX

I started here 3 or 4 years ago, went away for a while, and will check back. I was on RW from 2000 or 2001 so never really left there until the other day. At times I multitasked as RW made some comebacks but I think they peaked around 2011. I'm on Facebook but not the RW group. It's kind of strange that they didn't include a Marathon group since that was 1 of the most active groups.

I still have my account here since I moved here for a while after the RWOL spam attacks. Guess I'll probably pop in now and then.

not lazy, just tired

A BQ in your first marathon!  Nice!  Whatever the reason, you clearly did something right.

Thanks, GatsbyBird. I credit my coach and lurking around the RW marathon forum 

Not if it makes sense.

Sir Bird

Really glad you got this going!

I am from RWOL going back to 2005. I hope we learn a lot from each other in here.

Thanks,

Mr.Bird