Marathon Race Training

Should we start some finish time sub-groups? (Read 276 times)

Hominid

We don't seem to have a lot of users right now but maybe some infrastructure would help attract them? The RWOL forums have sub-groups within MRT for people aiming for various finish times. What do you think?

There are currently threads for sub-3, sub-3:30, and sub-4 goal threads inside the Racing category.

Are those similar to what you are used to? Or would it be something else?

--

Nashville, TN

Yeah Ive come over from RW but feel kinda lost. They have a great sub 3 thread which I have just joined but if everyone defects over here then I guess they will join the appropriate time thread. The sub 3 here seems very quiet at the moment. I guess it will take some time to get everybody in the right places. What do you think ?

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

xor

Yeah Ive come over from RW but feel kinda lost. They have a great sub 3 thread which I have just joined but if everyone defects over here then I guess they will join the appropriate time thread. The sub 3 here seems very quiet at the moment. I guess it will take some time to get everybody in the right places. What do you think ?

It is very quiet, not because there are no runners, but because RA uses that type of thread differently.

There are four approaches:

1. Set up a group for each sub-time.  There's no such thing as a "sub group" here.

2. Just post those threads in this group.

3. Use the new "Marathoners Dailies" group for the time goal threads.  Look, yall use this pretty much like a combo dailies/rr-check in place.  Nothing says you have to have Marathoners vs MRT like on RWOL.

4. Post time goal threads in the main area.

There is no single yes/no answer.  Each of these has pluses and minuses.

Anyway, don't take the low traffic in the existing sub3 group as data that would lead you to believe no one is around.  Far from it.  Just a different culture.  And I know that some of you are pondering doing this same exact thing in facebook.  Okey doke.

PS, this group is no longer slow.  Yay!

where is marathoners dailies ?

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

xor

where is marathoners dailies ?

a different group called marathoners dailies!