Masters Running

Strawberry Moon Friday June 9 (Read 29 times)

Good morning all,

I couldn't sleep so went for my walk earlier than normal and discovered that that's the secret to get past the geese, while they are still sleeping. Also, it is difficult to photograph the moon with an iPhone. Well, Jake is up so I need to make him some breakfast.

Good running and good racing to Runner Kia and anyone else this racing this weekend.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Thanks.   1 mile this morning from the campground in Kingsport, TN where we stayed last night.  On to W VA today.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Good morning ladies. Nice to see your posts! I think I'm going to try and get in the lottery for the 10 mile portion of the Medtronic Starr. Have fun today and take it easy in those hot temps!

Again, wishing you "fleet feet" this weekend Runner KSA!

Just 2 quick miles this morning. I'm also waiting for my 3 grandsons to come and spend the day while their parents are working. I was going to take them to the pool, but it's overcast and about 60°  May have to come up with a plan B.

I'm not stating an opinion one way or another, but it's been truly interesting watching the events in Washington yesterday....

Have a great Friday everyone!

coastwalker

Mornin' Starr, RunnerKSA, and all you still to log in.

Good way to work around the geese, Starr.

Congrats on making it to Kingsport, RunnerKSA.

Have fun with Plan B with the grandsons, Jlynne. How'd you do with the landscaping yesterday?

Thursday’s workouts:

RunnerKSA (2.3 taper miles before heading to W VA)

Jlynne (13.1 bike miles, the 20 min of weights/core)

Tramps (rubber band stretches/exercises)

Fatozzig (1 hr lower body core/ST training)

Holly (7.1 morning miles)

Tomwhite (40 mine Pool Run Ing with belt)

StarrRuns (slow morning walk with Elaine to the geese)

Cat (5 lunchtime miles + 8 post-work miles with hillage)

Mike (4 miles)

You sure know how to vacate, Tomwhite! (grins)

I’m jealous of you being unplugged.offline, Tramps. Enjoy!

Sounds like a good book about an awful episode, Leslie. How can we let that happen to people? And good for Mr. Rusesabagina.

Good job on the speaking engagement, Holly. And glad you got to wear your cute $20 dress.

Twocat, no reason required to check in.

Looks scary to me, Starr. It'll be interesting to see what the doc sez.

Nice post-run with Debbie, Mile.

So, I've tried many times, on 3 browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and Opera) to open Photobucket over the last 2 days, and the page has never fully opened, so I can't capture the link to be able to post here. Also, I'm using the free version, and there are more ads there than I've ever seen in my life! Is anyone having the same problem?

5.4 RW miles this morning in 53° temps, under cloudy skies. Not too bad in the achiness department.

Tomorrow, I have to staff our race series info table before the start of the Market Square Day 10K in Portsmouth (NH), then walk the race, then I have a 2 hour stint at our booth that is part of the Market Square Day festival. So I'll be leaving by 6:30am, and hope to be home by mid-afternoon. The weather looks good for the day, so it should be OK.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

The Cork City Marathon folks produced finish line clips of all the runners. You can see me come through a few seconds into the video at the link. I am wearing a gold singlet and blue shorts. The colors of my alma mater.

http://www.myrunresults.com/events/cork_city_marathon/2072/results/bib248

coastwalker I would need a week of work to take a break from your weekend!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I only ran 1.3 miles today. To keep my streak going. Day 100 (would have been longer but I missed March 1). Next milestone will be the six month mark.

Today I tried to include the playground workout equipment. But clearly I still suck at that. No upper arm strength. I need to resume my kettle ball workouts

Now I am off to read those race reports. Why have I not seen them before now? I am blind.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 and change for me.

Meeting my financial advisor this afternoon.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

mrrun

Good luck to w/e racers!

Ran 5+ followed by purchase of theater tix for next year.

And for anyone up for traveling (besides Minnesota), we'll be in Pittsburg and Gettysburg at the end of June (and Indiana, but not as much fun)

marj

..40-PoolRun with belt

.........leaving at 4-AM tomorrow, take care of yourselves til we get back.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

So, I've tried many times, on 3 browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and Opera) to open Photobucket over the last 2 days, and the page has never fully opened, so I can't capture the link to be able to post here. Also, I'm using the free version, and there are more ads there than I've ever seen in my life! Is anyone having the same problem?

jay - I just changed to Firefox, well, mean someone else changed it for me, and I still only get an unobtrusive ad running across the page about 1/4 of a screen high but only between every eight posts or so (seemingly without regard to length of post, number of photos, etc.).  I don't mind 'em at all it as the cookies must tailor the ads to my current interests.  Just not sure how the Nike ones seem to dominate.

ps - with gs not coming down until next month, I've got gs envy.

Incidentally, as gs is going to do in July, an 8-yo, unaccompanied kid

can fly out here on without adult accompaniment on the plane

as someone <<<(that would be me)>>> picks them up at the airport.

Just sayin'.

pps twocat - you're just a blurr, almost too fast to see

but that gold wouldn't be maize, would it?

ppps - still trying to figure out what I'm tapering for this time,

especially with very runnable, cloudy but no rainy days

in the sixties.  I wonder where last weekend's eighties,

and summer, went.  oh well.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

tetsujin209 Mizuno called it sunshine or some similar nonsensical name. I will let others figure out what to officially call it. My school colors are blue and gold so I hereby dub it gold! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/