Masters Running

Thursday, 6/25 Pre-Seattle Runs (Read 406 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

I am very excited for our Seattle runners this weekend.   My neice and sister are flying out today so my neice can run it.   If it weren't so close to our Alaska trip, I'd be with them in a heartbeat.  

Out for 3 slow miles this morning as I try to get back into my usual routine.   DH didn't join me today, but I think we will get out for a short one together tomorrow morning.  10:00 avg. pace/ 154 avg. HR    Still quite warm and humid out there.   Brinkley gets home a lays directly on top of the air conditioning duct.

Happy Thoisday!!  Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I'm with Hopeful.  If S. Fla. was close to anything I'd be in Seattle in a heartbeat. 

3 slow and easy recovery miles at 9:56 pace.  Avg HR 123.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Good Morning hopeful and breger...

4 miles for me last night.  I've been fighting a bit of an odd hip "pain".  It's not really pain, though, but feels at times like my hip is going to give out.  On Monday, I had a difficult time walking, but it's improved since.  I decided to go out for a run and see how it felt.  Got 4 in and decided not to push it, even though it felt fine.  Today I'm no worse for wear, so we'll see how it goes.

hopeful - your dog on the air conditioner duct reminds me of my cats in the winter.  I always had to smile at how adept they were at getting themselves so "rectangular" so as not to let one wisp of heat escape!

I'm excited to hear how the weekend goes for all of our Seattle runners...fleet feet to all...

Janet

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

There's this strange yellow thing in the blue(?) sky today, so obviously I didn't get out and run.  But I did want to pop in and wish everyone in Seattle great racing and partying--in no particular order of importance. 

I can see some hours at work on Monday down the tubes for reading race reports.  What happens in Seattle better make it to RA

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

SteveP – “only the heroic and the mad follow mountain goat trails”........oh that is TOO FUNNY!  That is going to be my mantra on Saturday as I climb (stagger up) that long hill from mile 16-18........only the heroic and the mad....only the heroic and the mad.....

(I'm know very well which of those categories I fall into.  )

This morning I threw DD’s bike in the car and we drove down to the river, where she rode beside me as I ran 3.45 easy-paced miles.  She steered carefully around the goose-poop.

I just found out I was able to print my boarding pass from my computer, so now I can just go directly to my gate at the airport (since I’m only taking a carry-on).  That is so kewl! 

Can you tell I don’t fly much?

So here’s a dumb question: can I use my cellphone on a plane?  Any reception up there?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly,

1.  With the hills you regularly run, you're going to kick some mountain goat butt on that Seattle hill.

2.  You need to get out more.  We've been printing Boarding Passes for years.

3.  No cell phones during flight.  But as soon as the plane touches down, you're good.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mariposai

I can see some hours at work on Monday down the tubes for reading race reports.  What happens in Seattle better make it to RA

a promise

I am so glad I will have the chance to breath the same air as our heroic and mad mountain goat.

Working only half a day today, then home to prepare for the trip. Holly PM me with any items for beauty you may want me to bring for you. I will bring a gel for you.

Just so sad that tetsujin is in Japan and not able to be here

Rest day for the wings.

Predawn, I was thinking of you today. How is the knee.

Tall, when is your doctors diagnosis?

still crunching numbers around here...my pencils got very short from sharpening so much. Time to input the numbers in excell and hope for the best. You can tell I am a social worker and not an economist.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

I decided on last night's trail run that I'm not a warrior mountain goat.  I'm not very war-like.   I'll settle for heroic and mad. 

I went to one of my favorite mountain meadow trails and ran 4.2 miles, avg pace 11:17.   It was 20° cooler at the trailhead than in town. (85°/65°) The last time I did this trail, I ran uphill two miles, then back down.  But the second mile is not very runnable either uphill or down, because it's steep and rocky, so yesterday I just ran up one mile and back down, times two. This section of trail is less steep and not rocky, and I can really fly going  downhill - my second downhill mile was 8:26!  Not sure what the first one was because the miles on my Garmin didn't coincide with all uphill or all downhill, but for that last mile down I pushed the lap button.  It's good practice to run fast downhills, as my half marathon on Saturday is mostly downhill.

Good luck, Seattle runners!  Rock 'n' Roll!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Go, RA Seattle runners!!

Carolyn - I love running downhill.  It's harder for me to go slow than it is to just let 'er fly.

6 miles of hills this a.m. in 1:00:59.  If I hadn't walked a few times, it would've been under an hour, but oh well!

I see the same guy almost every morning I run. He walks the same hills I run, so we end up passing each other two or three times, depending on what I'm doing.  We've long been at the "Good morning!" level, so I've decided I need to take our relationship to the next level and introduce myself.

Have a great day ~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Morning All.. Seattle fever.. lots of folks heading out there.. exciting!

4 Magical Healing Miles with Tory and Sadie in 42:13 (10:33 pace, AHR 143) on hilly forest trails. About 70F and sunny but mostly shade in the woods.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

So much for my becoming and "early" morning runner.  I did make it out before noon today - at 11 a.m. - so at least I'm making progress.  I paid for not getting out earlier, though, to the tune of temps and humidity both near 80.  An important reminder that I need to get out there early the rest of the summer.

Ran 3, walked 1, stretched a lot, drank lots o' gatorade and water afterward.

Mary - Brinkley sounds like one smart pup.  Bet he'd stand in front of the open fridge to cool of if he could open the door. 

Holly - you're most definitely one of my heroes.

Back to the excavation of junk in my house, some of it accumulated over the five years I've lived here, so that I can properly clean from top to bottom before I head to the shore for most of the summer.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

dg.

Mary is that the neice you ran with in the spring?

I'm so excited for all of youl too.   Kevin's right.  arm chair seats for Monday.   ya'll don't disappoint us.  I"ll bring the popcorn.

Byll, nice HR!

Janet, I hope your hip is ok.

(((Nancy's budget)))

Carolyn, yep.  Your hills top mine,   Good luck Saturday.

Holly, that's funny. 

Mary it's been warm on this side of the state too!   Yesterday evening I was doing a mix of yard work & house work, so was in & out a lot.   Sadie always has that  "Oh Boy!" look on her face about whatever we're going to do, but the last time I headed back out she was flat out on the wood floor, barely lifted her head enough to look at me like I was nuts.    (heroic & mad Wink )

72F & a million % humidity when I started, 78 & down to 70% when I was done.  Not sure which is better.  But today's run was a little better.   oh boy!  ;-).  At least, there's a little progress.  4.69 miles, 9:53 pace (8:39 max).  ahr was 168, 181 max.  Not so great, I'm a heat wimp. 

Yesterday I just did about an hour of PT & carefully selected other stuff,    She found something new,.. (nothing that bothers me, just something that might help)   Did anybody know your fibula is supposed to move into a joint? Or, something like that, I didn't quite get it.  But she said mine doesn't, & it's a hammie attachment site.  So she taped it in place. It is a fashion statement.

I'm really behind again lately, sorry to have missed so much.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

70° F

84%

Warm up, 4 x1200's and warm down.  Around 7.5 miles but Garmin was acting up.  Started going backwards during the warm-up.  I think it thought it was still in Utah.

Hi Deeg!  I've had a floppy fibula for years!  I've never tried taping it, just have adapted to it. What's different with the tape?

I am SO excited for the Seattle Rock and Rollers!  Have a blast!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

hopeful, it's neat you got mrhopeful out for a run with you.  evan, congrats to you and mrevan on your 20th anniversary.  eliz, I can relate to your relief at the school year ending.  HandyMom, I hope your hip decides to behave soon.

Nice long runs for perch and CNY (including speedwork).  Good job on the speedwork for fatozzig (hill repeats), breger, mariposai, and buehrle.

This morning, I was at my mother's on the other side of the state and the temp was about 70, it was almost calm, and there was humidity.  I got in 5 miles in about 48 minutes for a 9:37 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Renee the dog

Today, it's been cross-training day.

1.5 hrs. of carrying buckets of water back-and-forth to the same hole from the ocean.

2 hrs. of mopping our outside decks, which are just filthy from the weather, but becoming cleaner.

Still to go: 30 min of slide boarding. 

GOooooo Seattle runners!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!