Masters Running

Happy Birthday Saturday (Read 39 times)

Henrun

Happy Birthday to Holly and Marj- and celebraying International Women s Day

We're joining the hordes on Heartbreak Hill On a beautiful sunny morning.

dg.

thanks for starting this Henry : )

Happy Birthday Holly!!
      Happy  Birthday Marj!!

hope you have fun whatever you do...

coastwalker

Mornin' Henry, dg, and everyone else!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HOLLY and MARJ!! I hope you both have a wicked-good day, with come cake and adult beverages!

Jlynne, regarding that canceled half marathon - no, the RD is not a newbie, and should have known better. Good for you for volunteering at the shelter yesterday! How did your eval go?

Aamos, that is very exciting that DH is speedwalking/racewalking! If he is walking fast without regard to racewalking form, then it is 'speed walking.' If he is working on abiding by the rules of racewalking, then he is racewalking. It's great that he has other guys to walk with. They should videotape each other so each person can assess their form. And if you get a video of DH and want to send it to me, I'd be happy to give him some feedback. Nice double for you on Thursday!

Dave, you've got my vote! 40 degrees yesterday? Heat wave! Good thing you got out early...

Tammy, it's very cook that the HS coach is working that much with David. I'm sure it'll pay dividends. Glad your head cold is on the way out.

Mikltruck - there sure seems to be a disconnect between what the RD is saying, and what the PD, FD, and head of the Rec Dept are saying. I'm just sayin'.

Ribs, sometimes a serious back-off is warranted. You'll know when you're ready to ramp up again.

Wow, Mariposai, running in shorts (topless??), and then going skiing - you've got the best of both worlds!

I'm glad you're still being mindful of that heel Holly. It's always a treat to see a shooting star!

Uh oh - DW is ready to head out for breakfast, so I have to go right now!

I went 9.2 RW miles this morning, and even got to enjoy a bit of the sunrise. It was a tiring workout, but it still felt good.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Happy Birthday to Marj and Holly! Some fine Birthday Twins indeed!

Ran 15 miles early this morning and it felt warm even at just 18º  It gets relative after a point I guess and we may have to open all the windows later today when it's supposed to reach 45º!  I am running a half-marathon on 3/16 and there may well be snow on the course even then. This will be another 80 mile week for me and then a back-off week of sorts before the half, two more weeks of intense work after then until the end of March and then the start of tapering....egads!

I came back from my run to much excitement as our dishwasher is getting fixed and the repairman is making a rare Saturday call. Hudson LOVES this repairman. I rounded the corner into the kitchen and all I see is Hudson's wiggling-waggling rear while he's trying to put the rest of his body under the dishwasher with the repairman. Luckily the repairman (Edwin) loves dogs and said he needed an assistant. Hudson is like a median sized Wookie with an Ewok personality, very lovable even if not particularly helpful. He brought over his stuffed foxes, hedgehog, ferret (Stumpy!) and a few chew-ropes for Edwin to use in the repair process. oh. dear.

Happy Saturday all!

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning everybody!  Happy birthday Holly and Marj!

I volunteered to draw some house plans for a friend about 5 months ago.  After being too busy for the last 5 months, I finally found a weekend that I would be able to spend a little time on it.  Then I received this text last night from my DD...

"Hey, soccer games tomorrow: 10am--Molly & Zac.  1pm--Allie.  Both at Arena.  3pm--Mallory and Madison.  5pm--J.  Both at NSC.  Kenna is playing as well but I don't know when."

I'm going to try to fit in my 14 miler between the 10 and 1 game...unless that's when Kenna plays.  By the way...the only reason DD doesn't know when Kenna plays is because she's the only one of the above she isn't coaching.

I guess those house plans will will have to wait.

That's all the time I got.  See ya!

Mariposai

Happy Birthday to two wonderful ladies!!!

No running here, but we are getting to hit the slopes after I cook breakfast for the team.

Enjoy your day!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

mrrun

Thanks everyone!  Happy Birthday Holly!

I had a wonderful 11 mile run on commonwealth, running into Robin, Deez, my cousin, and Henry - a glorious day in the 40's.

marj

Tramps

Happy birthday Holly and Marj!  Is that Henry in the gorilla suit?  ;o)

Amy--did you ever look at your private message? (the little "mail" icon at the top)

Trying to get back on the wagon with a 7-miler this morning.  Ice is finally off the roads and it feels Spring-like out there.

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

Ran 8 miles on the hills- longest in many months. Saw Robin, Deez, Marj (of course) and several friends. Gorgeous morning. Felt like a party along the course.

Tramps-grrrrrrrr!

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Good morning one and all.  Wishing Holly and Marj a very happy birthday.

Sounds like the heartbreak run in Boston was successful.. Congrats to the racers.

I finally got back home yesterday afternoon.  Boy, it sure is a couple of long flights, though I did get to watch 6 movies.

This morning was 7 progressive miles on the TM finishing the last mile at a 7:57 pace.  Legs felt very good even after 18 hours in a couple of planes yesterday.   Yesterday was my first non-run day of the year.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

New skirt in town

17.1 miles along the Boston Marathon route today in gorgeous weather (38F) and with terrific company. I saw Marj and Henry and was so glad to be able to offer up some Happy Birthday wishes to Marj in person!!! I'm sort of sad that we started our run too early and missed the gorilla! I'm sure he'll be out there during our next run on the course!

--RT

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

King of PhotoShop

Tramps, Aamos doesn't answer her messages here or on Facebook.

Happy birthday you two lovely ladies.

I also read about Robin's run today so I know it was quite a Heartbreaking gathering. Good work.

Jay, you're right. I'm just doing everything by feel right now with no pressure.

But speaking of that, 5 miles in the park today with just 4 x 1/4 mile @ 7:25 pace.  Felt okay.

Congrats to Norm's son who ran a heck of a 3K today.  Proud papa, please check in and post a pic.    Spareribs

Happy Birthday, Holly & Marj!

Ran outside for only the 2nd time (I think) since the end of December! It's been either too cold, too windy, too icy, or any combination of the three. No exaggeration either: the only snowier winter in this area was all the way back in 1880! Anyway, it was IRC by comparison this morning and only a few icy patches on the path around the lake while doing 6 miles with a couple of friends that I also hadn't seen for a couple months.

It can only get better from here on out...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

HAPPY B'DAY MARJ AND HOLLY//////////.............Good Running to the DynamicDuo..........

==========

30mprnb

ws

....................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

pfriese

Happy Birthday Holly!!
                                Happy  Birthday Marj!!