Mornin' everyone.

Friday’s workouts:
    Jlynne (golf cross-training)
    Tramps (swampy 5 miles)
    Dave59 (2.3 morning miles)
    Pfriese (11.6 muggy miles)
    C-R (7.1 miles with heat)
    RunnerKSA (post-procedure 1.1 TM miles)
    Evanflein (4.4 afternoon miles, chased  and caught by rain cloud)

Jlynne, I wonder what it is about the elliptical vs walking that makes it feel OK - worth checking out? I’m sorry there’s no steroid love yet.

Sorry about the flies & bees, Tramps.

“Cops & Donuts” Interesting name, Dave.

I’m glad you survived, KSA, and are done for another 10. You too, Tammy.

Amazing 25.8 trail run, Wildchild!

Who won the cubby battle, Fatozzig? Bummer about Mr.’s infection.

Yep, Norm - heat is a challenge till one gets used to it.

Welcome back, Tomwhite! Strange story about the kid. And the hip.

Evanflein, be careful that a change of stride may create a different problem. Nice score of the iris plants. This is road repair season, isn’t it?

I'm on my way out to this morning's racewalking training session. I'm going to get there early so I can do my workout before the other folks arrive. I want to do the New Castle loop, which should be about 6-7 miles. Temps are rising and are already in the upper 60s, and it's muggy, so it'll be an interesting (slow) workout before I head back to the HS track to do some coaching.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

A fabulous 50° this morning so I ran 3 miles.

Then a couple of us drove the wedding photographer into town, which was right by Cops & Donuts, so more good coffee and another donut. In 2009 a bakery in Clare Michigan was going out of business and 9 police officers bought it.

Time for a shower and then a Saturday morning wedding. Cindy is helping so she has to be at the church early. I'll bring something to read.

Tramps

Game day.  Everyone's ready. 

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.

Tammy and KSA - the worst part for me is the liquid diet.  I am not good at fasting.

Carolyn - I wish I lived near you and could join you on some of those runs.

{{{Nancy}}}  {{{Mike}}}

Dave - Enjoy the wedding!

I will keep the junkyard in mind as a tire source.  But first we need to get her car checked out to find out why the front end has the tires at an angle (and therefore wearing unevenly) and the steering kind of loose.  That may be an expensive fix.

Today was my first ever DNS to a race.  Last night a pounding headache sent me to bed at 6:30pm, and in the wee hours of the night it was supplemented with raging digestive issues.  By 5am I was wrung out.  Not a good combination for a 50K trail run. I guess my $15 entry fee will just have to go to waste.

If I can manage to get 30 minutes 20 minutes 10 minutes without having to visit the bathroom, I may venture out for a short run.  We shall see.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Go Capitals!

My Achilles tendinitis has almost cleared (with fingers crossed) thanks to PT and listening to my body. Did a a short jog yesterday and a one mile “jalk” (a combo jog and walk) this steamy morning. Will do an indoor cycle and weights shortly..

Jay, the Newcastle loop was was my main route for most of my early running career (40+ years ago).

Have a good weekend. Looking forward to running and racing again (and not just dreaming about it๐Ÿ˜Ž).

...mornin'.......

glad henry is Feeling Better

=======================

back at it........

......40-min PoolRun nb, cf, ris, paw

catching up

on yardwork rest of day,

The Price of Leisure

...........Good Running to Ya.............

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Thanks for the start, as always, Jay.  Have fun at the racewalking training session.

Have fun reading at the wedding, Dave!  I love donuts, by the way.  I might even miss them more than ice cream, since I gave them both up about 15 years ago.

Tramps--I am trying real hard to not root for your Capitals...teams I root for, usually, don't do very well.  They should be up 2 games to 0, though.  Hopefully the officiating will improve, today.  Go Caps!  oops...

That stinks about the DNS, Holly.  At least it didn't happen on one that you traveled to and spent a bunch of money on.  It still stinks, though.  I hope you feel better, soon.

I sure hope you've licked that stupid tendinitis, Henry, and can get back to racing.

I had a really fun run, this morning.  A kid that Ryan used to run with in High School asked me to run with him.  He's running his first marathon in 2 weeks and just wanted to ask me some questions.  Oh, the poor kid...he had to endure 8 miles of me dishing out advice.  Actually, he already knew all the answers--I think he just wanted some reassurance.  I am really looking forward to seeing how he does.  Anyway--I had a great time.  Have I ever told you guys how much I love running with these kids?  Actually--he's 26 or 27 years old with his 2nd kid on the way...yeah, he's still a kid.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Oh--hi tomwhite!  Have fun in the yard!

Quickadder

Usual Saturday morning group run. Start time is now 6am to try and avoid the worst of the heat, but was already 82F and over 90% humidity. Ran most of the route with a fairly new member of the group, which always makes for interesting conversations. 10.2 miles at average of 11:10 pace.

Found out Thursday that my best friend from High School had died from prostate cancer, age 63. Sure made me glad that my DW made me have a general medical check up a few years ago which resulted in an early diagnosis and removal of my prostate.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Thanks, Jay.   Holly- that sounds like a bad combination.  I hope things resolve quickly.  Been there....

6.2 warm miles.  Butt did pretty well, but I could feel it afterwards in the car.  Still feel a little "off" from the procedure and am retaining fluids- there is a TON of sodium in the prep stuff.  Got the run done, though.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

spacityrunner

2 mile run on the Coronado fitness trail to help celebrate Trail Day.  Nice small event here in the village.

Trails Rock!

TammyinGP

sorry to hear about your friend Stephen.  There certainly is much to be said for preventative screening of all sorts of issues. 

7.1 miles for me this morning. Glad to feel normal again and have energy.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

It took the new, single-pane-but-not-huge goggles and the neoprene flotation bermuda-length shorts for designed to keep kayakers warm that I picked up at last week's Memorial Weekend sale at REI to get me over to the senior aquafit class for the first time in about two months so I could swim laps afterwards.  Made it through 40 minutes aquafitting before started eyeing the clock for the next 20 minutes.  As a result, only made it swimming nonstop the full length of the pool afterwards three or four times in about a half hour but the goggles stayed so unfogged that, for the first time since I quit doing IM's in 2006 and the multiple tri's needed to train for 'em, I'm thinking about doing two favorite super-sprint triathlons (w/short 1/4 mile swim) this summer and maybe a sprint I used to do annually too (with 1/2 mile swim) if it works out.

Holly - my only DNS was because running pulsed pain into the tooth cavity created by the previous day's extraction.  I think you ran a race once after a pulled tooth, though, didn't you?  However, I've never heard of a $15 entry fee for a 50K.  Around the PNW, a measly 5K usually costs $30 in advance and $40 regular.

Today was my first ever DNS to a race.  Last night a pounding headache sent me to bed at 6:30pm, and in the wee hours of the night it was supplemented with raging digestive issues.  By 5am I was wrung out.  Not a good combination for a 50K trail run. I guess my $15 entry fee will just have to go to waste.

Although I'd just had my first one in 25 years last summer, I still had to bing "ten years medical check-up" to realize KSA had what I finally had for the second time in my life last August.  No anesthesia for the first one and I wasn't about do wimp out and not do the second one on my own either, . . . until they said they're not giving me one if I don't.  Since being old with Medicare means all my taxes over the  years pay for it, I didn't complain.  In fact, I can hardly wait for the next one, . . . except they said that, by then, I'll be 85 and it won't matter.  oh well.

ps - go CAPS.  Maybe 'cause it's the weekend there'll be some coverage of the third game in this year's Stanley Cup up here in the PNW like last weekends', . . . and not like the midweek game that got zero coverage.

pps wildchild - today's bing.com picture of the day is runners down the South Kaihab Trail in the Grand Canyon, Arizona in case anyone's been that far down.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

3.5 @ 8:30

a quick run snuck in with all the other stuff going on today. achilles better but not well. now we're off to a 70's theme BBQ. I have some relics from that era; puka shell necklace, huge collar polyester shirt, pinkie rings, and was able to shave into a passable Magnum PI style 'stache because I haven't shaved in a week. It was almost a month of growth before that, if I'd known we were going to this thing I would have waited and had the perfect 70's mustache and sideburns!

catch up with you later!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

C-R

Hey all.

Busy Saturday in here with weddings, running and hockey.

Currently relaxing and watching Mexico-Scotland soccer. Been a busy day of hobbies. 18 holes waling this morning. 10k run and 5 games reffing soccer. Yeah I'm shot. So what do I do - register for an 8 hours race in July here in Indy. Ugh.

Sorry to hear Holly but sounds like you made the right call.

Mike - you sure do give a lot to others. You're a class guy.

How's that rustic working out Dave.

Sorry about your classmate Quick. Seems that is happening more and more. Less graduations and more funerals as we age.

Have fun Surly. The 70's were cheesy and cool all at the same time.

Glad you're better Henry.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

pfriese

8 miles before 8am.