Masters Running

Saturday Aug 4th Daily and Happy Bday MikeE! (Read 375 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy Saturday, everyone, and Happy Birthday, Mike!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

...Happy B'Day mikeE//..............good running to ya........

==========

..ThunderStorm

in progress here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,poolrun is out,

may

try an extra trailrun if it lets up this afternoon

................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Good morning Carolyn!

Happy birthday Mike! I hope it's a perfect day that includes a run with Ryan.

((( Holly )))  Mylanta twice a day is NOT what the doctor ordered. Hope the meds help and you feel better soon.

Just got back from farmer's market. Fresh whitefish for dinner tonight with steamed green beans, a spinach salad and blueberries on ice cream for dessert. Now I have to go run a few miles so I can eat all that stuff Smile

Have a great Saturday everyone, and good luck racers!

MTA - Mornin' Tom! Is there any food left in the house - or is the cat mysteriously missing???

Tramps

Mornin' Tom! Is there any food left in the house - or is the cat mysteriously missing???

Ewww!

Happy b-day Mike

Feel better, Holly.  Soda is evil.  Just sayin’.

Shadow—hey, I just steal the listings from Ilene, I don’t make ‘em up.

I keep meaning to ask this: Can some explain Mariposai’s avatar to me?  I see a plate of hamburgers but that can’t be right.

13.1 miles for me.

Be safe. Be kind.

MTA - Mornin' Tom! Is there any food left in the house - or is the cat mysteriously missing???

...we have an extra one, Pickles probably won't even notice

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

coastwalker

Mornin' all,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKE! I hope you have a spectacular celebration, however you shape it.

I also went to the farmer's market this morning. We're having dinner company tomorrow, and I'm cooking roasted veggies on the grill to go with burgers and chicken. So, like Jlynn today, I'll be doing a long workout tomorrow morning so I can eat guilt-free tomorrow night.

Not that I'm worried, TomW, but I'm keeping our cat indoors until Pickles comes home...

Tramps, I don't think those are burgers, but I also think I can't help you any more than that.

I hosted a racewalking training session at 9am this morning. There were about 8 of us, with varying degrees of racewalking experience and skill. There was also a very young girl (5-ish?) riding her bike around the track (outside lanes only) while her dad ran. She was intrigued with racewalking, so we walked a lap together, and she did pretty well for a young newbie. It was hot as blazes on the track (somewhere in the upper 80s, with lots of sun), so we all backed off our relative speeds this morning, I shot some video, which I'll send off to a better coach than I for analysis and suggestions. All in all, it was a good session.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

King of PhotoShop

Hey Mike!

Ran with the Saint and Riblet with his school x-country team this morning, slow 5.   Spareribs

Mike E another happy birthday wish!

Holly S. I sure hope they figure out what is ailing you soon!

Today was another wacky distance race coming in at 5.85 miles.  This course is a lot like an M.C. Escher painting, all up hill!  The reason it feels that way is that there is one short downhill stretch that is like running down a cliff.  Translation: long uphill stretches!  Anyway, it was hot and humid which as my DW said when she left the house is the kind of weather that gives me a competitive advantage, and indeed it did! Cool I had my best finish and relative pace of the series.  I came in 16 OA which is far better than my OA place in any of the prior races.  Basically, I am really happy about how today went!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

mrrun

Happy Bday Mike!

Holly - take care of yourself!

Ran a couple, then we biked with a coffee & scone break in the middle. Now cooling off in a/c.  grilled veggies are our favorites. we had some extras and put them on the enchiladas last night.

racers - take care of yourselves in this heat - tomorrow am, women's marathon!  watched the triathlon at 6 am - their transitions were awesome,

marj

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

happy weekend folks.  And even Happier Birthday, Mike.  Celebrate well.

Nice race, 2Cat.  Sure am envious of you folks that can run, and well, in these temps.  Yesterday's run at 72 almost did me in.

Going to a running form workshop at marathon sports (in Melrose, for those near Boston).  Interesting to find out how badly I may run.  Side benifit is that I can get 20% off shoes and may finally breakdown and get some of the Pure connects I've been thinking about.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Happy Birthday Mike!  Going to run your age in miles?

I had a bit of a carpy run.  First, as I was putting on my Garmin, I pulled on the strap too hard and broke it.  Sad   Then, about half a mile into the run, I inhaled a gnat and spent the next 10 minutes in a coughing fit.  Then, I was tired from yesterday's run on the mountain and had to walk a lot of the uphills.  Then without my Garmin, I decided, kind of stupidly, to stop at the end of my 4 mile loop (at the Bridle Trails) because I wouldn't reallyknow how far I'd gone, even though I had my watch with me and probably could estimate.

Now I am glued to the Olympics when I have a mountain of house work to do.

Did you all see that women's 10K yesterday?   Wow.....and what was the strategy of the three Japanese women in the lead for the first half?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Happy Birthday, Mike!!!!

Congratulations, Twokitty!  I'm so happy you're back in running form. Smile

Posie's avatar looks like Mexican pastries to me.  Yum!

I went and counted my cats.  All five are currently in some state of repose and not on TW's dinner plate.

Holly - My thoughts were gall bladder or hernia issues.  Hope the doc can figure out what's going on.

It was weird listening to myself on the podcast.  I wanna go back!

4 miles this morning.  My first mileage in a week.  The legs were still remembering last Saturday, but nothing bad.  I think the layoff over the last few days was good for my lungs, too.  My asthma has been bad since last Saturday.  The humidity we're experiencing doesn't help, either, so it was nice that although I took my inhaler with me, my two puffs before running did the trick.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

Happy Birthday MikeE.  Do you really hate everything?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34wJt3pRY0w

My goal was a 2-3 hour low heart rate run.  Since it was somewhat warm and humid I stopped at 2:06.  As Hawkeye said in a M.A.S.H. episode, "Never let it be said that I didn't do the least I could do."

My stomach issues that ran from middle April to a week ago were diagnosed as "probably" gastritis.  I can't remember what it was I was taking and the leftover bottle is upstairs and too far to walk to right now, Roll eyes but it was a acid reducer type of thing (that recently became available as an OTC drug and hence not covered by insurance anymore.)

The odd thing, and could just be coincidence, is that it (stomach pain) went completely away after taking a statin for high cholesterol for a couple weeks.  Any doctor know if that is possible?  At the same time I started the statin, I quit drinking because I read that alcohol can interact with the drug in a "contradictory manner."  So maybe quitting that cleared up my stomach issues?  Beats me. Confused  I am just glad I don't have a 24 hour per day ache in my stomach anymore.

I hope you (Holly) can find a way to reduce the stress. It could be a factor and even if not, it's not a fun way to live.

I actually know what Mariposai's avatar is and from the photo's angle I had no idea until she told me!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Posie's avatar looks like Mexican pastries to me.  Yum!

Actually it is a good luck Whistling Butterfly that the twocats got for me during their cruise.  It is the cutest whistle I have ever seeing and a precious work of art. There is a legend about the whistling butterfly I will let twocat explain to you all.

What a nice family outting the Ribs clan had today! 

Jay, how often do you offer those walking clinics. How cool that you were able to walk with the little girl! You are cool to do that!

Marj and Henry always have the coolest breakfasts. I love scones. I would bike 10 miles or more for good ones.

Dave59, your low heart rate running is sure paying off! It is fun to see you progressing so well.

Leslie, take it easy. I plan to listen to the podcast next time I go for a run.

Twocat: congrasts on such a great performance today. 16OA is very, very good!

Wondering what is Erika doing this weekend.

As for me? My goal was to run for 16 miles or 3 hours, whichever came first. I started one hour later than planned since I stayed up to watch the Olympics last night. Anyway, lovely route, great music, and very hot from the start. I managed to fit in the 16 miles in three hours. Then I came home, showered, ate breakfast and took the longest nap ever.

Now it is time to finish the book I am reading. Today is being lazy day!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard