Masters Running

Ilenforward's Half Marathon race RR...the cut and paste version... (Read 349 times)

Mariposai

L5/25 Ileneforward - Laguna Hills Half Marathon, Laguna Hills CA

The most important thing:

Fashion report: black compression seamless sports bra, black nike shorts with white piping and built- in liner, navy blue with white trim short-sleeved tech top under a icky yellow and blue club racing singlet (for extra Grand Prix points) and a sheer glaze of sunscreen on all bare skin showing.  Sunglasses by Oakley, white hat with SF marathon logo, white and blue shoes, white Wright socks, plump pout lip gloss.  Smile

Finish time: off to hunt for that information...will be back soon......

1/2 marathon on a cloudy cool Southern California Memorial Day.

2:05:50   3rd place  in AG 

&&&&&&&&&&

Miss forward, next time please don't make me work this hard. I had to pour another glass of melbec to hunt for all this information...

you, it is your fault that you are an ilenforward and not an ileneforward in the handle of this thread. Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

#artbydmcbride

What the heck...............?????????????????

Big grin

Runners run

evanflein

See what happens when she's in recovery  mode?? Quick, we've gotta find another race for Nancy to run. 

Nice job, Ilene. Next time, post some pictures to go with your report, willya?

Congratulations, Ilene.  Good job, mariposai.

TomS

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

gracias mariposai.

that wouldn`t be ilene`s tenth PR in the last eight months and second consecutive half mary PR this month, would it?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Nice job, Ilen (Ilene -- whoever )

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

2nd half-marathon PR in a month?!  You rock, Ilene!  Congratulations on your AG award - you are getting very speedy!

Why don't I ever think to put on lip gloss for races?   Maybe I'd look better in those race photos!

thanks Mari.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Nice speedy race....congrats!

And what a FR!  The best I've read!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  coastwalker

It's always good to lead off a RR with a FR, especially with all the detail shown here. It almost seemed like the running shoes were an after-thought! I'm glad a smile made it to the list. Cracked me up...

Congrats, Ilene, on a greta race, AG placement, and a smoookin' fast time! You're one good runner!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Great fashion report! 

Oh yeah, and the race and hardware were pretty nice, too....

Pictures?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

Thanks Mariposai!  And thanks for the kind words folks, yes Tetsujin sweets, I am getting a little faster these days.    I'll check if there are any pictures.  Surprised

Runners run

That was almost as cute as their avatars....Thanks Mariposi and WTG Ilene!!!!

I too am waiting for the pix!

Nice fashion report!!  Oh yeah, and nice race, too.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Ilene you rock! You get better and faster all the time! You're gonna break 2 hours on your next half marathon...

The sky is the limit for YOU !!

You're gonna wow them in Seattle (ganbare!)

King of PhotoShop

I will argue til I die, which may be any day now btw, that she can develop speed she didn't know she had, and she continues to improve at distance.  Really pleased to see this.  Ilene, share with us your first half marathon time, just so others can see how much a dedicated runner can improve.  Great work in this half.  Spareribs