Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 10.22.13 (Read 42 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Stumpy - nice series of posts yesterday! No, my half on Sunday didn't have a walker's div. Not every RD is that smart...Wink It's a good race anyway.

Hey - PBJ is in the house! Nice 16er in prep for NYC. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Dg, I figure is someone uses their own name in their posts (as a sign-off, for example), that gives me approval to call them by that name. Otherwise, are we unintentionally excluding newcomers if we refer to people by their 'real' names when all someone can see is their screen name? Just wonderin'

Oy, the stories I bet we could all tell about dreams we've had! Someday, I'll tell you about the time DW called (we were dating then), and I spoke with her, even though I was sound asleep. She wound up calling and asking the folks in the next apartment to come and check on me. My running dreams always have me not being able to get up any speed at all, as if I were trying to run through jello. Invariably, I never make it to the start line on time. I'm amazed at the detail you still remember from your dream!

Nice run in the dark, Ribs. I hope things are going well in Seattle.

Nice recovery run, runr_nut.

Nice photo, Mariposai! I have a feeling that stopping to be in a photo is about the only time you stand still - you're one busy lady! Tet's right - it's no wonder that you didn't know what SRD was!

"Retirement," Rochrunner? I've heard of that. Nice run, once you (finally!) got going.  Wink

I sure hope you have a better day today, Dave! Don't beat yourself up for not having the world's most productive day. It's just like racing - they won't all be PRs, but that doesn't make them bad.

Glad you're hanging in, C-R.

The only thing that made me curious about Shorty's wonderful announcement to Leslie is why he had to go in the bathroom to make it. But I have a feeling the answer might involve TMI, so perhaps I should just congratulate you both on working together to effect such a meaningful turn-around for Shorty.

Hey, Hopeful's here too, and also celebrated a birthday yesterday! This is GREAT (well, except for that sore toe - yeah, get it checked out!!

Yes, TW (as DG said); "You are!"

CNY - nice recovery run with ultra-Amy. You both are amazing!

Deeze, I'm glad you're still riding the high from your outstanding HM PR!

Tet-the-thong-man never ceases to amaze me.

Glad you're still getting your runs in at the conf., Evanflein.

Speaking of getting up in the dark, I did that again today and headed out for an early 5.5 mi. racewalk in 42 moonlit degrees. I still have a bit of leg fatigue from Sunday's race, so I backed off a bit and just tried to stay smooth and even as I toured the neighborhood.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good morning, Jay and all that follow.

4 miles under a high bright moon.  Felt relatively quick and was happy to see that the Garmin agreed a little.  9:25 pace is almost tempo for me these days.  Hope it continues for another few weeks.

Hope the concentration level is a little better today or I'll need to shut off the internet for the day.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Good morning Jay, Kevin and all to follow. I've had the runner's nightmare many times. Can't find shoes, can't find the starting line, legs won't run... I'd like to have someone psychoanalyze me some time. Oh wait - maybe not Big grin

Nice runs under the moon this morning fellas. Hope your temps weren't too chilly.

Congrats to Shorty on his 2 1/2 years of sobriety Leslie. That's so awesome. You both deserve to be happy - you've worked very hard for it.

Happy belated birthday PBJ!

45 minutes of pool running and 30 minutes of swimming laps for me this morning. There's no way I could get to 180 in the pool. My DH got me this wonderful waterproof IPod shuffle and I've been using It when I pool run - sure helps the boredom.

Will, Ben and Nicholas are coming for a few hours this morning. We're decorating pumpkins while mom goes for a run. This could involve big time messes and cleanup....

Mariposai

Good morning gang.

Erika, enjoy your warm weather runs.

DG, is is so much fun readying your posts. I am so glad you are here.

Hopeful4ever, what a treat it is to see your post yesterday. Do visit us more often, running or not.

Fun birthday morning around here. Today is the Easy Pacer's birthday, so I got up early to make a special candle light breakfast for him. Then I started doing some prep for tonight's special birthday dinner: Russian theme. Then  just like Stumpy, I ran 4 easy miles under a high bright moon (hah, I copied his words). Now it is time to go to work.

Have a great day you all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

No running for me today, but pretty busy with other things to do.

For one thing, we are "re-purposing" my DS's old room and have picked up on some drawer and other storage space. So today, in addition to doing my normal seasonal wardrobe switch, I expanded into more places so I don't have to have everything jammed into tight spaces. It always amazes me how much stuff I have that is related to running and cycling! And so tough to throw away old shirts from well-remembered races even though I wear some of them about once a year (or less!). It took me almost two hours to rearrange things (and will take me that long to remember where I put everything).

Anyone else having very erratic post office deliveries? Our mail now regularly comes after 5 or 6PM in the dark. Last night was some sort of record. I thought I heard the truck come by so went out to check at 8:30 and the box was still empty. But this morning there was mail in it so it must have come really late. On the other hand, I can't remember the last time I got anything really important by snail-mail.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Good Morning everyone! Easy 6 this morning with very little stiffness in the legs, 7:58 pace.

Happy running and have a great day to all!

Tet-the-thong-man

The visual . . . . .

Jay - Re the bathroom.  Where else does a lady do her makeup and hair and spray hair liberal amounts of hairspray??? Big grin

The Wilsonater woke me up at 2:45 a.m. Evil and promptly got his little black butt kicked out of the house.  Unfortunately, Chico and Goofy decided that meant it was time to get up, as well, and they kept coming into the bedroom.  Unfortunately, Mr. Mr. was on the bed and it's Goofy and Chico against Mr. all the time.  So every time one of those two would come in, Mr. would growl at them.  I refused to get up until 4:30, though, to feed everyone.  You don't reward the wrong behavior, right?  So I was up and dressed and ready to hit the mean predawn streets of Eureka, then Shorty woke up.  "It's cold! Come back in here with me!"  I gave in, we snuggled and talked for about half an hour (yes, talked, nothing else. Roll eyes) and then he got up and left me his warm spot in the bed.  I finally crawled out at 6:30.  So I'll be running after work tonight. *sigh*

We also have to buy a clothes dryer today.  The dryer we purchased for $50.00 23+ years ago finally kicked the bucket for good.  Bummer!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

CNY, nice 14 mile trail race.  ibleed, congrats on a fine marathon.  Jay, nice half.  hopeful, "hi".  hopeful and PBJ, happy birthday.  fatozzig, congrats to shorty on 2 1/2 years.  mari, happy birthday to your husband.  fatozzig, you sure got your money's worth out of that dryer.  I'd be looking for the same brand.

Nice long runs for mari, evan, and Holly.

This morning, it  was in the low 30s and there was some wind.  I did 8 miles at an 11:15 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy belated birthday to PBJ and Hopeful!  (aka Joe and Mary)

Jay (aka coastwalker), I was also thinking the new folks might be confused when we sometimes use real names and sometimes use user names.   Maybe we can just use the confusion to perpetuate our snooty cliquish reputation here and keep out the riff raff...   speaking of which, it's nice to see Clark here yesterday and today!  And where's mo  boy (aka Gary)?

Congrats to Shorty!  I was also wondering about  the relevance of his making this announcement in the bathroom ...

Leslie, I had the same thought about Tet and thongs!  Joking

Deez, congrats on the huge HM PR!  8 minutes is a LOT!  And I like the fishing contest at the end of the race!

Jay, congrats on a speedy half for you, too!  I can't imagine racewalking at a 9:06 pace!

Deegee, I like your "whine lite" comment!  I hope that patience and rest will fix up what ails you. Let me know if you need more duct tape.  Smile

Karin, what 50k did ultra Amy win this weekend?

I like Dave's dry humor, too.

I did an easy 3 yesterday after getting a routine eye exam with eye drops, so I couldn't see very well, but managed to stay upright.  Heading out for some trail miles this afternoon on a  beautiful day!

Happy trails, folks.

Carolyn  (I'm not really such a wild child)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Dave59

I just can't get in gear so far this week either at work or working out.  I finally gave up and went downstairs to clean the basement.

Tomorrow....

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie - sounds like you got your money's worth out of that dryer, though.

Fly-by, as I am still at work, so....

6.4 miles for me this morning in 37 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

This is so cool ~ Best Friends.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Slo

Tomorrow....

I think I know how you feel Dave.

I'm half way into a project that I haven't started yet...maybe tomorrow.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Leslie, I had the same thought about Tet and thongs!  Joking

I get it. however, maybe cause I know too much what they are for me,  even though it's happened before,  these things still take a while to register in my brain  <<<(old/old)>>>  like when the regular starters were starting to catch up to us early ones in last year's Light-at-the-end-of-the-Tunnel, this gal in fancy trail shoes passes me looking at my feet and saying, "Hey, I'm wearing thongs too,"   huh?. . . . . .. 0hhhh.  If I'd only known about OM's gremlin story then, I could have asked her if she was running naked. No wonder running is so much fun.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Stumpy, Dad says your daughter should dress as Batman for trick or treating.

It's good that you go run run run at races Jlynne.

Carolyn and Leslie and other regular trail runners - do you have a map of the trails you run?  Are you ever worried that you will get lost?  Just curious.  Even in our local metroparks, which are probably much smaller than the parks you run in, I would have trouble staying on the same trail without taking a wrong turn and losing my way.  Of course, I would never be too far from civilization, but might end up miles away from my car.

I keep Dad from getting lost and keep him safe from citters. Last time it was winter, Honey got loose when we went run run run and we were lost lost lost when we finally got her. Dad went up on a hill and fell though the ice. It was only as deep as his knees, but he still yelled like a little baby. When he finally found a trail he knew, we were way way far from the truck and he called my sister, Honey's mom to come get us.

Sometimes Dad lets me pick where we run run run, but he does know about where we are at.

Holly, I am not as happy as your DD when I get out of a big big bath like that!!! She does look nice too. Mom and Dad don't take me to church. If there is a bath there, then I am happy about it. As happy as they are to go, I thought all they did is have ice cream.

Jay, when I race, I always go as fast as I can. Dad has the stoopid leach on my though and it just makes me go slow slow slow. Then I smell burnt bacon and remember that Dad is running too and his legs are rubbing together.

DG, I know it is hard. Everyone here says, "SteveP" when his name is really "Dad"....Sometimes it's "Grampy"....Sometimes Mom forgets and calls him "Honey". He doesn't even have a tail!!! He went to a race right after work and went run run run in his steel toed boots and only his old underwear because it was his first marython.

That is a very nice picture Mariposai with you and Tet and every one. I have a good idea about what I could do to that tree in your other picture.

Hi Mary!!!! How is Brinkley?

Me and Dad got in the truck to go get Honey today. I thought we were going to go run run run, but Dad went some place else and we got sad. He went into a store and me and Honey did not get any treats when he got back. We stopped again and we were at a new new trail!!! It was fun fun fun! We went right into a see deers whomp and did not even get any mud! Mom will be very happy.

Then we found a fort

I did see a deer and I wanted to make it run run run. Dad got scred and made me wear a leach and hooked me to Honey so he could hang on to both of us.

When we go home, Dad said we might get Noah and we can all be in a race when it is Saturday. Everyone has to dress like a monster zombie! When he went to the store, he got a costume for Honey.

Sniffing Butts, Tag