Masters Running

Thursday, June 10 - run it, walk it, rest it and report it (Read 608 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!!

Brinkley and I were out for a fairly uneventful 4.5 miles this morning.   At mile 4.3 he decided to go after something as I held course, which resulted in him doing a full back flip, landing on his side on the hard surface.    I think it knocked the wind out of him and he got up slowly whimpering a bit and favoring his right front leg.   So we walked a few feet, then jogged, then ran the rest of the way home.    He is now sleeping soundly on his bed.  

My plan was for 5 today, but my lower GI had other ideas.   I was walking quickly to the front door when DH saw me and thought he'd be funny by locking it!!   I yelled "I gotta go to the bathroom!" and he quickly let me in.   Geech!

Happy Thursday!!  Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good Morning Indeed,  57 & sunny going up to a perfect 78. 

I'm glad everything came out right for ya Mary  Hope Brinkley did not injure himself. 

I have taken the day off, many errands on the agenda. The most important is finish line duty at a small 5k 7pm.

Think I'll do about 10 miles today.  I'm trying a have a nice feel good run, pain free with a strong finish, so I can declare it the start of my marathon training.  I just haven't been feelin' it lately. 

Waiting a couple of hours before running.  Just enjoying my coffee right now. 

Have a Great Day!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

I look my best blurry!

I already had my panic attack for the day.  My internet service wasn't working.  It got my heart rate up thinking I wouldn't have internet service today!  Just had to reset my modem, thank goodness.  Now that service is restored I will head out for approx 5 easy miles.  Good morning RA pals!
        Dave59

I started out on what was going to be another 3 mile walk/run, but .3 miles down the road I decided it was a dumb idea to keep aggravating the sore calf, and seeing as as how I wanted to cut the grass and do other things around the house, I turned around and came home.

My mind is saying, "Let's Go."  But my leg is saying something else.

Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls are in the oven.

(Why can't I seem to lose and weight?) 

...easy does it dave//.........there's just times

The Injury

gets to tell YOU when to stop........

and it has WAYS of making you listen.

==========

..........legs and hips ok last night, so I get to add a Running Day to my week......

.......................poolrun after work If the ThunderStorms hold off

..................................good running guys........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Renee the dog

so I get to add a Running Day to my week......

That's great!

2 miles on the wet boardwalk today with my first interval work of this training cycle.  Gosh, my lungs are my weak link!  Guy who runs the breakfast place was cheering for me as I came back full steam for my 1 and only interval of today.  Sometimes it is nice to have a cheering section, 'cause otherwise I'd have not pushed through for the full distance. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Early risers, the lot of you.

Another 5 easy for me, 8:48's.

I'm now eating cold takeout Chinese poured over leftover potato salad, all washed down with a Powerade. (If that doesn't say "batchelor" I don't know what does).

Later I'm off to NYC to deliver-finally-a table I've been working on.

Walt

3.68 miles done under threatening skies with a friend.   Then standing by our vehicles for 3 hours trying to come up with a plan to motivate a 29 year old son of hers who is depressed and un-responsive.  A lovely wife and 9 month old baby are "in play" if he gets his act together, otherwise he will lose them both.

I had the plan, she now just has to follow through with it.

I run with her again tonight to get a report......

Vista

Yup. Early riser. Cold drizzly morning. Spring should return later today. This morning:

Front squats 3 sets of 5 reps, 95lbs, back squat, 1 set of 20 reps, 75 lbs.

10 minute metcon. 4 rounds of:

25lb db snatches 5 reps with each arm

10 reps 25 lb DB swings

10 burpees

1 minute rest

Crapped out on the burpees though. Only managed 8, 5, 4 and 3 reps before collapsing on the floor. I really need to improve my conditioning. 10 minutes of stretching.

And I'm not a bachelor so I'm chowing down on cut up fruit (cantaloupe, pineapple, grapes, blueberries with a 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese. Washed down with a coffee.

I'll run an easy 5 with the running club after work. Then root on the Celtics.

I look my best blurry!

6.33 at 8:07 pace.  Chicken and broccoli casserole and muscle milk for breakfast.  I don't like to waste yummy leftovers.  Good running gang!  Now to get the kids to straighten up their rooms.  UGH!
                      Slo

wannaberunner.......We just wrapped up a move. My kids, 19,17 and 12 were going thru some pretty a pretty major withdraw. I packed up the computer last week and we didn't have Internet service until mid afternoon yesterday......I'm happy to report that they survied.

7.10 miles for me this morning........Now I'm like Holly and I will finish all my runs up hill. This could prove to be beneficial......especially after a good 20+ miler.

K...best be going....Enjoy the running!

Mariposai

Walt, it sounds like a good breakfast for anyone. Your menu sounds better than sugary cereals. Since I am lactose intolerant I don't eat cereals, so my breakfast is most of the time oatmeal and a hard boiled egg with fruits, or leftover meals. Is that the mahogany piece you are delivering today? Pictures?

Oh, speaking of pictures. At the 11th hour I did convince son#2 to dress up for  his senior banquet last night and here is the proof. He opted for a yellow tie instead of the matching tie I got with the shirt. Oh well, you can't win 100% all the time 

sarge, your evening activity sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you get "that" feeling on your 10 miler today.

daave59, please save a roll or two for me? Good boy for deciding not to aggravate the sore calf.

great job wannaberunner. You are one speedster.

Vista, I will be praying for that young family.

Timbo, yes I did divorce my garmina for the summer. I have been on pace training for so long I just wanted to run for the sake of running this summer. I am in search for that "raw, passionate love for running" I once had and I somehow lost in the last year.

Have a terrific day you all. I shall RAW today.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

mariposai: Great looking kid, and now you can have the enjoyment of embarrassing him by showing him that you've put his picture on an "old folks" forum.

wannaberunner: I don't know where your handle came from. From what I see in your avatar you sure don't look like a "wanna-be".

Well, I matched Mary in miles and intentions this morning. Ran 4.5 muggy buggy trail miles on a route that should have been 5 miles except for a wrong turn that cut off a chunk of trail. I didn't actually mind shortening it since I was having trouble staying ahead of various flying insects. Maybe running alone you attract more bugs since they don't have as many choices?

Have a good run of your own today, everyone!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, do you have pictures from DD's ceremony?

I have yesterday’s Swiss Ball Crunch video on my desktop and I keep popping over to watch it every few minutes.....

..(...is it hot in here?...oh my....)...

Wannaberunner – my DS is my leftover finisher-offer.  He’ll take last night’s dinner over pancakes or cereal any day for breakfast. 

Mariposai – what a handsome young man you have there!

Like others have mentioned lately, I think yesterday’s attempt at dieting got in the way of this morning’s run, and I cut it short at 4 low-energy miles and then did some light x-training: push-ups, lateral raises, hammer curls, squats, stability ball crunches and 6 chin-ups (2 at a time).

I need to find a middle ground between eating enough to run but still to lose weight.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning,

Yup Mary....................when Ya gotta go, it's not funny to have shenanigans played by door locking episodes 

Great news Tomwhite

Being a bachelor also Walt.....what Ya had to eat sounded great to me.............I can eat ANYTHING in the mornings.

Joey, I hope and pray that you can make a difference in those young people's life.....I think you would be a great person to have, as an advocate for the Family.

Careful there Dave59..................I had calf problems last summer I believe, and the problem went away fairly quickly once I stopped running and let it heal up.....I biked - pool ran - and swam some

Beautiful picture Holly................boy, you sure can tell she's your Kiddo  Yippers too Holly about the eating thing.....I need to find the common ground for eating enough for fuel, but not too much so I can rid myself of a few x-tra pounds.

Very Handsome picture Nancy................I love the tie he picked out BTW. And hope Ya get your "raw, passionate love for running" back (you will I know)

Hey Wimmin..........................3 bachelors on the first page of the daily so far - Walt - Me - and George.....enjoy the eye candy while it's available Gals (single studs like us don't last forever Ya know )   

I finally got a run in last night......5 super ez miles. Good grief, my legs felt super heavy when I first started out (almost stopped) But after a while my legs felt great and I could have ran further, but stopped at 5....and my arch felt fine

My RR is about 1/2 done.............I will post it after while, and it will be an interesting read

Have a Great Day Everyone.................I know I mentioned being bummed yesterday, but feel much better today.

TimBo-

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!