Masters Running

Is it too early to plan? Masters Get-together at Boston Marathon? (Read 724 times)

New skirt in town

Okay, who's in? Some of you might be aware that I moved this summer. I'm living in a lovely new condominium in Porter Square, right on the Red Line. My building was developed with a sense of community in mind, and there is a lovely common area on the first floor, with large living area, dining area and full kitchen. On a nice day, this opens onto a patio. In inclement weather, there is a fireplace. This spot can be reserved for parties and entertaining, and I've reserved it for April 19th, the Sunday before the marathon. So. You are all invited to a Marathon Weekend Open House at my place! Potluck if you care to bring something, but bring yourself if nothing else! There is a large flat screen TV in this space, and we'll be screening The Spirit of the Marathon and previous Boston Marathon DVDs. Specific times to be announced later... --Robin __________________

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Henrun

Thank you Robin, we're in. We're looking forward to a get together on the other side of the riverSmile.
      evanflein

Hi Robin! We're definitely in! We don't have plans for dinner yet, but I assume you're talking earlier in the day sort of thing? We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Brookline, which I believe is right on the green line. Easy to get to your place?
        stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Robin--I really enjoyed last year's get-together at Bob's. I sure hope I'll be able to make it and add to my meeting of the Masters. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hi Robin, I am volunteering again on the medical team and packet stuffing with my running group. I would love to get together that day and since i'm only about 20 -25 minutes north of you let me know what I can do to help out!!

denise

Hi, Robin - Thanks for organizing this. I hope we can make it. We're trying to get together with family later in the afternoon, but we'd like to see everyone if the timing works out.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I live 10 minutes from Boston. I'll also be volunteering, but at the Expo on Saturday for the Shamrock running Club. giving out t-shirts I think.

Head Procrastinator

Hi, Robin - Thanks for organizing this. I hope we can make it. We're trying to get together with family later in the afternoon, but we'd like to see everyone if the timing works out.
                  UH, we already volunteered you to bring a keg on KR so you MUST show up Big grin
                  ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

New skirt in town

UH, we already volunteered you to bring a keg on KR so you MUST show up Big grin
                    Yes. What Hally said. I'm afraid it's a done deal! Clowning around --Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Yes. What Hally said. I'm afraid it's a done deal! Clowning around
                      She was talking to moi?? Looks to me like she was talking to EGH, so I'm off the hook Wink

New skirt in town

Hally! Get back in here and edit yer post so it makes the appropriate demands! --Robin

New skirt in town

Hi Robin! We're definitely in! We don't have plans for dinner yet, but I assume you're talking earlier in the day sort of thing? We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Brookline, which I believe is right on the green line. Easy to get to your place?
                          Yes, very easy. Take the Green Line to Park Street, change to the Red Line, zip to Porter Square, and then a 0.33 mile walk to my home. Am considering doing some surreptitious Shepard Fairey-esque street art thingie to serve as guides when you get out of the T...will anyone bail me out? --Robin

Head Procrastinator

Hally! Get back in here and edit yer post so it makes the appropriate demands! --Robin
                            OOOPS all fixed Blush
                            ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                              Bump - here it is. I found Robin's party information on KR, here http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47233&page=2 Copied the specifics: Okay, we're 2 weeks away, so I thought I'd send out the official invitation! Feel free to RSVP here, or on the Evite invitation here: http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/vi...i=iq&src=email BOSTON MARATHON MASTERS PRE-RACE PARTY When: April 19, 12-3 PM Where: 113 Richdale Avenue, Cambridge, MA Host: Robin Travers, 617 840-4284, rtravers @ yahoo . com FAQ 1. Is this a potluck? Yes. But never fear. If you are from out of town or too time-crunched to bring anything carbo-laden, we will have PLENTY! Bring YOURSELF most of all 2. How do I get to your place? We are easily accessible on the Red Line in Boston. Take the Red Line out to Porter Square (about 15 minutes from downtown Boston). When you come out of the train station, you will be at a bewildering intersection of streets. Look for the Bruegger's Bagel shop. Cross the street toward that shop and then keep heading up that road, which is Upland Road. The first street on the right is Richdale Avenue, where I live! Turn right and head up Richdale Avenue about 4 blocks to the next big intersection with Walden Avenue. We are right on the corner there. There will be balloons out in front! 3. Who will be there? All the cool kids. We're over 40, so we know how to party. 4. Can I bring friends? Of course! 5. Can I bring pets? If well-behaved, no problem! --Robin

Crashing the party here for a PSA----Come and say hello to me if you are picking up your bib number and chip on Saturday 4/18 from 9 AM--2 PM. I am volunteering at registration and would love to see you. I know btb, Bad Dawg and SeeEricaRun are working at registration on Friday from 1 PM-7 PM if that's when you plan to check in. Lots of RAers in the volunteer corps. Robin you are so awesome for hosting such a gathering. I am sorry I'll miss it. I'll be back to run this in 2010. I am so excited for all of you and will be out on the left side of the course just after you cross over the 13.1 mile mark. I am bringing water, gatorade, gels, and the like to hand off to three of my running pals. If you want something in particular let me know at k a g e o r g e at comcast dot net. I can't promise to be as full service as dtoce during the Hartford marathon, but I'll be happy to assist even if it's just to trot alongside for a few minutes. Don't be shy about asking. Taper well now