Masters Running

Wed Apr 29 Runs and Workouts (Read 517 times)

Good morning, everyone! Sometimes when I do GPS download here to my log, my browser hangs up. Does this happen for anyone else? Anyway, after restarting my browser, it seems to work ok. First fast run since Boston, at about MP: 6.1 miles, 49:21, 8:04/mi, AHR 154 (79% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Lou, and everyone to follow Smile Nice run and pace there Lou...glad you are recovering well from your super race 7.3 easy miles in a pouring rain last night - 1:05:25 - 8:58 ave pace - legs were still a little stiff and sore from last Sat's 23 miler, but all is good. Except for this being Hump Day, why is Weds one of the greatest days of the week??? (I bet a gal gets the answer first) Slo, did you get your 30 minutes of exercise in....you slacker Roll eyes Hope everyone has a good day. Happy and Blessed TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Since Lou titled the thread "and Workouts" I can post my cross training workout. 1600 meters swimming. Previously I had always been swimming 3 lengths of freestyle followed by 1 length of breaststroke to give me a bit of a break . But this week I extended it to 7 lengths freestyle and 1 length breaststroke and I'm happy to report I didn't drown. A bit of stroke breakdown near the end as I tired a little, but as Tim says "It's all good!". I've been playing the new guitar an hour or so a night and a little more last weekend. The fingertips on my left hand are not happy about this new develoment. But it's got to be done to get the callouses back. I've been working through the beginning of "Stairway to Heaven" and just about have the intro worked out. You may not think that song would be good on an acoustic but listen closely the next time you hear it played. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mariposai

first gal to post.......yeahlll my lucky day. wednesday is a great day timbo... ready to serenade us at Seattle R&R bregarcito? glad to hear that speed is coming back to you WRFB. My legs are finally back also. 2 miles at 4:30. Life is good.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

"Ready to serenade us at Seattle R&R bregarcito? 2 miles at 4:30. Life is good."
            I wish I could be there Miss ButterflyWing. But not for the serenading but for the partying! Dang you're fast. A world record I think! bregarcito (whatever that means!) Big grin

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Little Breger, I think?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

HEY !!!! GOOD MORNING MASTERS ! Timbo.....Yes, I got my 30mins.....And I threw in another 90 mins of Running and Biking to make up for the days I don't do anything....... Roll eyes Last night....Great Bike. Hilly, Windy and Competetive. Small Group ride. 19 miles hard. Hit the pool this morning.......I've definitly broke thru a barrier. My 100 yd times are looking better an better. Gotta run......the production floor is calling. Have a great day all !
                Tramps

5.2 miles, easy pace but no energy. Byll--"Freebird!"

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning! No run for me to report .... yet ..... I will go after work today. My mornings are getting a little more busy with the little monsters, plus I was up in the middle of the night with a noisy escapee. I'll just have to be more flexible with my runs during the next few weeks, which is very doable. {{{Erika}}} Bella, Emmitt and Jasper send healing vibes: I'm kind of worried about Hallar - he hasn't posted any runs in a while ....

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Dang you're fast. A world record I think!
                      She must have been using her wings.... Smile 8.2 miles with CNYrunner this morning! It’s been a while since she was in Dayton and I have truly missed her. We were having so much fun chatting away that I really didn’t notice the frisky pace we were setting and was surprised when I downloaded my Garmin to see the first 6 miles at (8:56, 8:49, 8:36, 8:28, 8:24, 8:34). Overall pace was 8:52. After we said our goodbyes, I added 1.8 miles on the TM @ 9:31 and brought the total to 10 miles for the day. Happy Wednesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Morning, folks! Work getting in the way again - hate it when that happens. No run for me - slept in - yeah!!! Hopefully can fit in a core and weights workout between meetings. Good runs everybody!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Sue: On the garden subject, we've been using Liquid Fence, but it's been raining so hard I keep having to reapply it. Deer did get our daylilies and I guess it's rabbits that got to the lettuce. I'm going to try some fencing later, but can't do what my more rural friend can do: an electrified fence! It's just a never-ending battle I guess. A weather setback to fall-like conditions today, but ran 6 around the lake in very windy conditions. However, it was coming from an unusual direction and was really only directly in our faces for about 1.5 miles of the loop. We definitely were less affected by it than were the cyclists that we saw out there! I was a bit overdressed, but am really tired of being cold on my runs. Tomorrow we leave on a road trip to Omaha for a few days. Could be an interesting drive, since it looks like rain or storms all the way across MI, IL and IA. Enjoy the good weather, if you have it.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Puppies! More puppies! Elliptical yesterday for me, and probably today. I'm determined to work out all little areas of "naggyness" -- a doc told me that when you feel an ache, that muscle is already approximately 30% compromised. Too often I think I let something "heal" as in, it stops bothering me, but in truth, it's still not 100%. This is a drag, but it feels like a good thing to do (until of course, the weather changes and gets good here!) DH got word he's a "Medtronic Hero." Medtronic makes implantable devices and has an annual event at the Twin Cities marathon in October, where there is also a 10 miler. We get a paid trip there, hotel, and entry into the race. He has to pass their medical scrutiny, however, and we're a bit concerned that they may not pass him due to the bypass. I'll keep you posted on how we fare in that department. I think I might have swin flu--I've broken out in rashers. Big grin grins, A
                            Masters 2000 miles
                            evanflein

Aamos, I wish I had your patience. I keep trying little jogs to see how things are doing, and while they're not anywhere near 100% I can tell it's getting better. Really working on posture and I'm just amazed at how bad mine is so often. I'm sure this has contributed to the problem. In the meantime, I've been using the elliptical, too. Hope your DH passes the test or whatever they require. Does this mean he's running a 10 miler?? Hope your weather improves soon. Ours sure has! Mary, they are so adorable!! Do you give them their registered names? Or can the owners name them? How big do they get? Holly, nice run! And I'm not surprised by those paces at all. Hey, I'm assuming your DH passed his return to work test? Not sure if I'll get a workout in today or not. Have a lunch meeting, then a dinner invitation but I may pass. Seems our evenings are so hectic with soccer practice and school things... we don't sit down to dinner till after 8 and closer to 9 most nights. I'd probably do much better if I weren't a "fix a sit down dinner every night" kind of mom, but that's what I do... Pizza nights feel like I'm cheating somehow... Gorgeous day here... sure wish I could be out on a nice long run today. Sad
                                Thanks for thinking of me Mary, Don't worry I still plan on Riverbank next week. How about you? I did run today 4.25 miles in 38:00 an easy pace for my first day back. I intended to take a couple days off last week and run my scheduled miles starting back last Sunday but after 2 days off I was just starting to feel better but still could feel my calf aches and pains. I decided that since I was unable to run Tuesday because of other issues I would take Monday off also and make it a full 5 day break and see if I could clear this up once and for all. My run went pretty well today . The usual stiffness after a few days off things. The leg seems ok although still not 100% . I will try a few easy days and hopefully get my 20 miler in on Sunday. Lots of time before my marathon but I thought I better adress this before it becomes worse. Lots of catching up to do around here. Take a few days off and you get way behind around here. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down