Masters Running

Monday, October 8 Runs, or Not (Read 371 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

But I have to tell you, I don't think I will do the Crazy Turkey Marathon on 11/3.  I talked to someone who knows the race route, and it just sounded too difficult, very rugged and technical, with 1000 ft x 5 elevation gain, up and down steep ravines over and over - I don't think I would be recovered enough two weeks later for the Monkey.  I think I will instead do a very hilly LR, in and around my neighborhood - do you remember Heinicke Hill near my house?  Up and down and up and down, and still near home for drinks and bathroom breaks...Wink

Holly - you're chickening out of the Crazy Turkey???  Joking     Yes, I remember the hills where you live.  Good training for the Monkey.

Okay, I looked at your race website, and it does look tough.   1,000 ft elevation gain x 5 is a lot!  My race, the Moab trail marathon, "only" has 3,587 ft elevation change... although mile 15 looks like it has 1,000 ft gain just in one  mile!  Surprised  But on the plus side, Mtnchk and her DH are signed up for it, too.     I'm kinda resigned to running the Monkey slowly.  Oh, well, it's not like it's a PR course anyway.... and neither, obviously, is Moab:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Bushrat Runner

No run today, flew to Anchorage for a meeting this week. Running tomorrow...

Marathon Maniac #957

Carolyn - that looks like quite a  race!  But then, you are more accustomed to hills than a lot of us, and I expect you will rock it!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."