Masters Running

September Masters Miles Awards (Read 323 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Summer has come and passed
    The innocent can never last
    wake me up when September ends

Who would ever want to sleep through September???   It's one of the best running months, along with the other eleven!

Time once again to post your monthly miles, along with any PRs or any other achievements you want to share.  Awards given for most miles, fewest miles, average, median,  prime numbers, and anything else award-worthy.   

Hope you all had a greta September, and hope you all have an even better October!

Taken today at Golden Gate Canyon State Park.  Quite a few of you have run this trail with me, but not in the fall. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

ACK.  So many holes in my calendar this month--even worse than i thought.  37.6 miles for September. 

I might have set a new record for most days away from home, however--16 work days. 

Highlight of the month was yesterday when I met PeterNC (he hasn't been posting here much, but I think that's his handle)  and his running buddies a little south of Charlotte for a 6 mile run.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

coastwalker

Another gorgeous photo, Wildchild! I look forward to your greta photography, along with all the data, in this posting every month, and you never disappoint.

112.5 mile in Sept.

Two 2nd-place racewalking div. finishes (5-mile and 4-mile races).

I don't envy your days-away-from-home record, Kevin.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

"Try to remember the kind of September when life was slow and oh so mellow.

Deep in December it's nice to remember the fire of September that made us mellow"

Love that song from The Fantastiks

141.2 September miles

1271.5 YTD

Thank you Carolyn. Awesome picture - love the colors

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Thanks Carolyn. I remember that trail, and it was just as beautiful in the summer.

Sept = 164.7

YTD = 1199.6

I had a HM PR by over 7 minutes, finally breaking 2 hours, and snagged an AG win (though not a PR) in a 5k. Last month of training before my marathon!

96.2 miles running for September.

800.1 miles year-to-date.

Bill 

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Lovely picture!

171 miles in September

1717.6 YTD

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

81.7 miles run in September.

2 half marathons with one being my first trail HM and by far the slowest I've ever run - extremely tough.

Tammy

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Caroline! Bit of Taper for Sept marathon but this till made the 24th consecutive 200+ mile month September: 220.5 miles 2012 YTD: 2,254 Run streak: 775 days. 6101 miles how do you get carriage return from an iPhone?

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Dave59

81.9  (Better than a stick in the eye.)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Caroline!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Caroline!

Bit of Taper for Sept marathon but this still made the 24th consecutive 200+ mile month

September: 220.5 miles

2012 YTD: 2,254

Run streak: 775 days. 6101 miles

pfriese

Thanks wildchild.

September: 110.8 miles

YTD: 1007.5

Highlight: Meetup with Lori (seemomgo)

Looking forward to November and meeting you, Ileneforward, HollyS, & Orange Mat irl.

Paul

Top 'O the World!

I gotta quit running sans watch - cause I always forget to log it!

what my watch DID record:

118.7 - Sept.

886.6 - YTD

Septemeber was a very busy month for me! Couldn't say what exactly are the best of the highlights but some include my 50th birthday, my 2nd 50K & getting to meet up with Seemomgo & Opie & Wildchild up @ Centennial Cone Smile

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Thank you Carolyn,

99.7 miles in September  highest of the year thanks to the 5 weekends

699.4 YTD

1937 bike miles YTD  

1 race 10k  49:28  

Who would want to sleep through September?  NOT ME!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.