Masters Running

Saturdaily, 5.12.18 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Friday’s workouts:
    Tramps (5 morning miles)
    RunnerKSA (1 morning mile)
    C-R (smooth 6.2 miles)
    Dave59 (1 TM mile to stay loose + weights)
    Tomwhite (65 min of HH 3-2s at soccer fields)
    Holly (light weights & core workout)
    Henrun (indoor cycling & elliptical + walk to the park)
    Surly Bill (1.85 EZ, gimpy miles)
    Mike (10 nightime miles)
    Falconfixer (5 Marietta miles)

I hope a week in the Caribbean helps cure what ails you KSA. Relax, enjoy.

Have fun computer shopping, Dave.

Congrats on the successful wellness exam, Tet. My last one took about 40 min - how’d you get 90 min with your doc? Tell ‘em you’re not giving blood samples any more - next time, they have to pay for it!

Good for you for still getting in workouts with your achy Achilles, Henrun.

I did like the balmy temps, Bill, but we’re about 15° cooler this morning. I hope you’re on the right track with your Achilles.

Busy guy, Falconfixer!

6.65 EZ RW miles this morning in 45° temps before the moon rose. However, I did get to see some gorgeous orange glow through the trees as the sun slid up toward the horizon. Unfortunately, there is rain heading our way, and I just hope we can get our Town Forest clean-up (9AM-12) done before the drops start falling.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

I got in 6.06 miles before the sun cleared the hills. One of my better runs because I felt good the whole way.

I woke up at 3:30 and decided to just get up, have some coffee and do some reading. Then at 5:30 I headed over to the park for the run. Thermometer says 65, but it feels pretty cool out. I think the humidity is low. I'm on the porch now with more coffee and none of the chairs or tables are covered in morning dew.

..mornin' guys.....

sorry to hear so many of us are hurting

As a Runner with two hip replacements

let me

chime in with-

It doesn't matter

what you

run next week,

You want to be running THIS time NEXT year

==================

...said the guy who tore up both hips....

40-min PoolRun with letters

...........Good Running to Ya......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

American upgraded me ( and husband and daughter) comp from Nashville to Miami.  That was a nice treat!  I’m lifetime platinum, but always fly Southwest now.

1.1 3am Treadmill mile so the streak lives another day!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

I need to schedule an appointment for a check-up.  I cancelled mine last Fall due to work and never rescheduled.  I'm overdue.

I'm so accustomed to a keyboard that I never took the plunge with a tablet. Maybe someday. I have a bottom-of-the-line  Lenovo 110S laptop I picked up on sale for $110 that I use for portable word processing and web surfing, which is all I really need.  Feather-light; travels well. I've had it for a couple of years now and it's been great. You're not gonna crunch data on it or do tons of multi-tasking but for basic stuff it's fine.

Tampa Bay looked asleep last night.  We'll take it.  As the Bruins learned, first game doesn't mean much.

Au fait, c'est comme les Nations Unies ici dernièrement.

Supposed to be in the 90s today so I bumped my bike ride to tomorrow (cooler) and got a 5 mile run in today.  Warm and humid already.

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

Tramps, c’est vrai!

30 minute walk this morning after stretches. Pain not too bad until walk ended. Now icing.

I'm so accustomed to a keyboard that I never took the plunge with a tablet. Maybe someday. I have a bottom-of-the-line  Lenovo 110S laptop I picked up on sale for $110 that I use for portable word processing and web surfing, which is all I really need.  Feather-light; travels well. I've had it for a couple of years now and it's been great. You're not gonna crunch data on it or do tons of multi-tasking but for basic stuff it's fine.

I have a laptop I bought new in 2003-04 for $400. It runs Windows XP. It still works great despite it's age, but I have worn out two batteries so far. I keep it around mainly as a way to play DVDs in the van on trips. I also have a couple of generic Android 10" tablets that I bought new for $90 each a couple years ago, and use one of those bluetooth keyboard stands to make them into mini laptops. The ancient laptop out-performs them. THAT'S why I'd like to see a tablet with a laptop processor instead of a phone processor, for the versatility.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

bioguy

i think I'm turning into a slacker. Next marathon won't be till December and no local races are intriguing to me, so I need to find some motivation. I'll try to get the running shoes on later today.

Tailwinds!

Quickadder

Saturday morning group run plus a little extra. Started at 6am when it was only 70F, but had reached 80F by the time I stopped. 13.4 miles at 10:05 average.

I am signed up for a 50k Trail Race in October. That plus the 2018 in 2018 mileage game gives me enough motivation, Bioguy.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.

5 slow and gentle miles for me today in 72 degrees.  My legs are still fairly tired, so that was far enough.

Off to watch DD play lacrosse.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Finally made it out for a run this morning.  Will say, only running on the weekend is NOT the way to increased fitness .  Although my phone says I walked 3.7 miles around the plant yesterday while babysitting my electricians.  So, 3.1 miles around the lake in IRC.  Not quite as slow as expected.  We shall see how it goes tomorrow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I think I'll commit to doing zero today.

No issues with injury or anything, I'm actually much better today after running yesterday. But I was convinced we need to remodel the downstairs bathroom. We have a fancy futuristic toilet and a Japanese soaking tub waiting in the garage for me to install them, but it requires a complete demo and re-configuring of the plumbing and electrical first, and new floor, walls; everything except the ceiling, well, most of it. Happy wife (or equivalent), happy life!

I'll hit the trails tomorrow.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

TammyinGP

Afternoon run of 6 miles. 3 with each dog and we did a route where they not only get to go off leash for a bit, BUT they also get to swim in the creek - one of their favorite things to do when it gets warm out. Mid 70's today.  I missed the 10 mile trail race I wanted to do this morning to be my mom's guest at the Mothers Day brunch at her church. My dad was organizing it and all the men did a nice job of serving the moms/daughters. they had a couple men from the church speak about their memories of their moms. it was a nice morning with my mom (and dad) and I enjoyed the event. they had a good turnout - about 80 ladies there. 

Now we are getting ready to go over to a friends for a small party - they supply the wine and beer and we bring a dish to share. DH is making his wings. I'm not a wing eater though, but I'm sure there'll be other yummy things to satisfy my growling stomach. 

and on the good news front - David found out yesterday he received a scholarship from OSU College of Business. a nice one too - will take care of about 25% of his tuition. he has two scholarship awards nights coming up this week also, so this is a big week for him - and us too I suppose!

Tammy

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, odd, I posted something earlier and don't see it.  So a quick summary, 4 miles easy with minimal right knee pain this morning followed by a 32 mile bike ride.  Not a great ride but I did have one glorious pull late--fairly long way with quite a bit of it at 22 to 23 mph.  After that attended a birthday party for a former colleague (and his wife) then an small event with the base senior officers and the executive committee of the local military affairs committee.  The birthday party was at a local microbrewery.  They were able to make their own special brew.  An IPA (didn't hold it against them).  They wanted a Mayberry-themed name (which was a fun discussion when DW and I had dinner with them in February) and settled on "Just for Celebrating IPA."  That's a reference to an episode where two older ladies in town had a still in their greenhouse.  When they sold it, it was to be used "just for celebrating."  Otis was constantly making up holidays he was celebrating.  Ok, enough.

Bioguy/Quickadder, forgot to tell y'all; Marshrunner is considering the Wynn, AR marathon in November.  Jeri is already signed up.  I have to see if it interferes with any drills.

Have a great night everyone!

Mariposai

Having fun in Seattle with our sons. Tomorrow is our son Daniel's birthday,  so we decided to come to Seattle to celebrate him and to hang out with our sons for mother's day. I ran 3 miles around Green Lake today and we walked 3 miles as a family this evening.  Now off to a,restaurant to celebrate the birthday boy.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard