Masters Running

SAt Jan 17th Daily (Read 399 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang Out for a 4 miler with Woody on the trail. MrsRoy tried to stop me taking him as he was so stiff last night after the 10miler yesterday but I talked her into it and she gave in. Today he was fine but I think I need to cut his mileage down...... Anyway 4m 42:18 @ 10:35 pace AHR 152 Good Runs All Roy
    Slo

Good Morning Jogger I'm sitting here trying to make up my mind......run or rest....run or rest........ I haven't taken a non-running rest day in quite awhile. I've had and excellent training week that included two good quality workouts. Last night I did a 2 mile warm up @ 8:45, 10min @ 6:59, 1 min recov @ 9:35, 11 min @ 6:55, 1 min recov @ 9:35 and 2 miles @ 8:06. I'm thinking about a good core workout, an hour of light spinning and a quick recovery run around the neighborhood. Not much more than 3 miles............I dunno........

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning everyone, on this not quite so cold Sat morning where I live. Nice run Roy with your Woody....lol, that doesn't sound right. I in the SLO_HAND camp, un-decided about a run...but for different reasons obviously. You know what, I am almost 100% sure I could run now, but I am SOOOOO very scared to mess things up and go back to square one again. How devastating would it be for me to go out for a short run, and end up with the same AT pain I have been battling like forever now. I make my mind up to run, then I decide against it. And most of you know me, and it is ABSOLUTELY not a motivation issue what so ever.....now this sucks in a different way. Oh well, at work this morning still getting caught up on paper work after being really sick most of the week, and got behind. But will say I feel much better today. Run, or no run todayConfused Hope everyone has some greta runs this weekend, and Hugs to the injured and sick...get well soonSmile TimmiBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

It was 0 (F) when I headed out, and 1 (F) at the end of 6 miles (10:09 pace). I was actually feeling a little too warm by about 5 miles. Except for the ice on the eyelashes part. It helps that it is perfectly calm and the day dawned with bright sunshine during my run. I think this is my coldest run, as it almost never gets quite this cold in Maryland.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Hill Runner

Good morning folks, Roy, take it easy on your Woody please! Smile It's a balmy 12F & sunny here this morning...a lot warmer than some parts of the country. I took my new iPod shuffle for a spin this morning and had no issues with it cutting out due to the cold weather unlike the batteries on my previous MP3 player.....Love it! A beautiful morning to run after the sun came up...the only issue I had was the ice forming on my moustache Big grin I felt like running longer but saving it for tomorrow's LR. 8.01 miles of hills @ 9:15 pace Good runs to everyone today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Nice runs for everyone in this cold weather. Tim - what's the story with your toe? Is that completely healed? More miles than degrees for me. Temp range was 0.4° to 2.9°F according to sporttracks weather tracking. According to my records, my coldest run ever. Yesterday was my second coldest. Smile 5.1 miles, 48:31, 9:07/mi, AHR 142 (huh? why so high?)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Roy – sounds like your Woody may need a nice rub-down…. 4 degrees and breezy this morning, but I opted for the TM again. I had a DVD I wanted to watch the end of, and just wasn’t in the mood to put on all the layers needed for an outdoor run. 7 easy-paced miles on the TM, 1st mile at 10:40, then I switched to a 10:00 pace, and the last 20 minutes I alternated 1 min. 8:34/1 min. 10:00, just to liven things up. Now we’re off to take DD to swim lessons. Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Big grin Ok Holly, you owe me for a new keyboard after that one, after spewing out coffee after reading that....and you too Peter. Lou I have to say, my toes really don't hurt any more, and would not be a problem with running at all...it's just my fear of re-injuring my AT. Plus with my personality and temperament, once I start running, I would have a very difficult time stopping because I obviously can run through a lot of pain RE: My Marathon Nov 1st, and the training leading up to it when I ran through pain sometimes so bad I would have tears in my eyes. BTW, nice runs so far this Saturday morning...you all rock Smile TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice running in the cold guys! It might not be a big deal for most (except Breeger) but I ran my first "more miles than degrees". That's a bit hard to do in North Carolina. But this morning it was coldest in 9 years. 8F when I left and 9F when I returned from 15 miles of hills in 2:00:57 (8:03 pace, AHR 150). I bundled less (tights, shorts, 2 long sleeve tees, gloves with liners and a hat). I felt I had to keep a pace for heat generation. No wind but the last 5 miles were 7:57, 7:46. 7:03, 7:30 and 7:18 making an 8+ mph windchill for subzero. Numb face but all ok now. no frostbite (yipee).

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mariposai

Predawn, I was thinking of you on my run this morning. Before I met you and Lou I never ran at predawn, but you inspired me and now that I do predawn running has become one favorite time to run. Slo_Hand, congrats on the great workout week. As runners is hard to find that balance. For me, 7 predawn miles. Downhill skiing yesterday was a blast. Great powered, the sun was shining and we saw a wild moose. The snow was great for skiing among the trees Tongue A moose---a rare sighting in the area where we skied. The sky was so clear we could see miles away. Posie ready for a quad burning day

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Roy – sounds like your Woody may need a nice rub-down….
                        Now that was just too funny! Big grin Saturday - 9.0 miles - 1:18:13 - (8:42) - Avg HR 126 / Max HR 138 - Sunny & -4 degrees It looks like the heavier snow may hold off until tomorrow afternoon, I'm hoping it does as I'm planning on meeting a group of friends for the last ten of my long run tomorrow as we do a pre-race run on the course for the Mid-Winter 10 miler. Good runs everyone. Smile

King of PhotoShop

Maine, that's a super way to train, get others to push you through the end of your long run. SLO, sounds like a good plan, a slow 3 and a spin. If you don't feel like going out, just tell yourself you're going to do just one mile and off you go. You'll get it done. That was a super workout you did yesterday, the ten-minute sessions followed by a minute rest. You're in great shape. I need just 3 today for a 30 mile week, so taking Lucy with me. Next week I hope to move up to 35. We'll see how that goes. Spareribs
                          umwb

Morning everyone!, Did Roy really say he had a stiff woody? Shocked Shocked...... Beautiful pics Mariposai! 7 foggy miles for me this morning . now wheres my coffee?
                            When I'm not running I'm on my Triumph Rocket 3 !
                              Good morning everyone. Lots of talk about Roy's Woody this morning. Big grin The cold front finally passed through, but it was still only 3F and it's snowing again, so like Holly, I opted for the dreadmill. 9 miles at a 9:41 pace with inclined lunges and some core work. As I was coming home from the Y, I saw the training group for the half/full marathon running down our street. Now, I feel guilty for bagging the outdoor run with them. Just didn't feel like strapping on Yax and bundling up today. DH and I went to a tattoo convention yesterday afternoon. Very interesting.... They had artists from all over the world - Paris, London, Germany - probably over 200 of them. Lots of people getting new ink on their bodies. I took our camera and got a lot of pictures. There was one woman who was having a picture of her grandson (???) tattooed on her leg, and another bald guy getting one on his head (an owl, go figure). Pretty fascinating stuff. Off to help DH shovel the driveway AGAIN. Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.
                              umwb

What are Yaks?
                                When I'm not running I'm on my Triumph Rocket 3 !