Masters Running

Wednesday July 21 Daily things....... (Read 662 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!    Unplanned rest day today.   I just could not get up this morning.    I had a couple of beer with my mom last night which I had hoped would help me sleep all night, but my back wakes me up when I roll over regardless.    Anyway, I guess I needed the sleep today more than a run.

Congratulations to your wife Byll!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

Mary, I did go out, and it was lousy!  2 miles with Renee. I came back all ravenous, with legs that still hadn't woken up.   Snuggles from my ds convinced me that I can run another 4 mi. at some other point today. 

I don't think it was the heat as it was early, so 75ºF and the usual 100% morning humidity.  Though it did seem soupier than usual. 

Have a great day everyone!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Good morning ladies and all to follow.

(((Mary's back))) I hope the kinks get worked out today, Mary. Sounds like you need a couple days of r&r - and no more shoveling landscaping materials!

Nice run in the soup this morning, Nono. How cool to live near a beach and be able to run on it every day. How bad are the tourists this year?

Holly - I'd like to add my .02 an say go for it!! If the benefits and salary are better, what would keep you back? You haven't said much about your boss lately, but I know that you've had some rocky experiences with her. Good luck.

Well, my trip to the orthopod yesterday was pretty much what I was expecting. Another cortisone shot, directions on how to tape my foot, a splint to wear at night and a stern order to not run at least 3-4 weeks. I wore the splint last night - that was wonderful.   5 miles on the eliptical this morning with some upper body weights and stability ball stuff.  I'm going to try and make lemonade out of lemons with this, but I'm really bummed out.  DH asked me if not being able to run was going to make me crabby. I told him to look up the word "bit%h" in the dictionary.

Remember that old saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

BlazinCajun

Up early today. One mile warm up, 5 1000m reps @ 6:35/mile; one mile cool down. Nice to be able to run on a tready when the temperatures and humidity skyrocket in the afternoon.

Andrew
          ------------------
          God, my Lord, is my strength;
          he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
          and enables me to go upon the heights.
          Hb 3:19

Slo

Weather report........5:00am......70deg, Dew Point 69deg.  Hazy - Lazy run. 6.5 sluggish miles.

I feel sorry for the 20,000 + runners doing the Bix 7 this weekend. I can't imagine milling around waitning in that crowd for the race to start. C R A Z Y !

Should be a great race to watch on TV though. Ryan Hall battling it out with his training partner and last years winner Meb Keflezighi. It's also for the Natinal Title. If they stream it I'll throw up the link here.

Mary.....always listen to your body when it comes to sleep.....especially if it's a mid afternoon Sunday nap !

Jlynne.....I have no opinion on Orthos. This info probably does not help you.

Blazin.....Awesome Intervals.....Smokin !

SteveP

Nice 6 mile trail run Nancy

Way Kewl Mrs Breger...Does this mean you're moving back to MI???

Good to see ya Kimmie

We'll keep our conversations about you polite Joey...Hurry back.

Good luck today Holly.

Does any one else remember how nervous Holly was before her first marathon?

(((((Lamerunner)))))

Tag wants to hang with Frank, Amy...He wants to remind Frank that MN is the Gopher State. Get em Get em

Noah came over this morning. He, Tag and I put in 1.5 miles. When he started nodding off, I got him out of the jogger and the trhee of ran together for about 1/3 mile. Noah fell twice.

I had to file for underemployment. ugh. I just start getting into daytime TV and then it's off to work. I still don't know who the father of Rita's baby is or if Edward lived through the fire.

SteveP

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I finished reading yesterday's thread and I just have to give {{{{Lamerunner}}}} a special hug!   I have been in your shoes and I continue with the ups and downs with my DSD too.   You'd think at the age they are now that things would have gotten better and they would have grown up.    It is very frustrating.   I hope the rest of your vacation is wonderful!

{{{JLynne}}} Sorry the news wasn't what you had wished for.   Are you doing any craft shows?

I agree with JLynne, Nono - how wonderful to get to run on the beach!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Way Kewl Mrs Breger...Does this mean you're moving back to MI???

A "National" Mortgage test is now required of all Mortgage people.  All of them.  The test wasn't taken to allow her to write mortgages nationally.  It's not required for that reason.

Having said that ... we won't be moving to MI but we may get a place there (not likely, but possible).

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

SteveP

A "National" Mortgage test is now required of all Mortgage people.  All of them.  The test wasn't taken to allow her to write mortgages nationally.  It's not required for that reason.

Having said that ... we won't be moving to MI but we may get a place there (not likely, but possible).

Bill

No wonder things have gone to pieces here

SteveP

wildchild

Carolyn

Mary, sorry your back is still bothering you.  How's the landscape project coming?  Pictures??? I've been thinking about putting in a patio for years - haven't gotten around to it yet.  But thinking about it doesn't hurt my back.

Lamerunner,   your DSD sounds like she suffers from "post-dramatic stress disorder. "  Hope things are better with her gone.   I thank my lucky stars that my 17 year old DD is a happy, down-to-earth kid who loves to hike.

Holly, good luck with the job interview!  But I can't believe you're looking forward to wearing a suit.  I hate to dress up.  (Well, I'm wearing a skirt today, but it's a casual skirt, and I'm wearing flip-flops.)

{{{{{Jeanne}}}}}  Hope you can spend lots of time with Will to cheer you up while you're not running.

I had a great run last night.  We had to drop off DH's truck at the shop, and on the way back he dropped me off at the rec center and I ran around their outdoor trail and then ran home.  It rained for about 10 minutes just after mile 2, and it was cool and refreshing!  Although I suppose that means the humidity was 100%.  The temp was about 60° and the cool air really helped me push the pace up the hills.  When it was raining, DH actually came out with the car to see if I wanted a ride home, but by the time he found me it had stopped raining so I said no thanks.  But it was nice of him anyway.  5.1 miles, 11:45 avg pace, which isn't bad considering it's a net uphill. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

...20min xbike standing........

flare up has FlaredDown....

small victories.

............................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

SteveP

Holly, good luck with the job interview!  But I can't believe you're looking forward to wearing a suit.  I hate to dress up.  (Well, I'm wearing a skirt today, but it's a casual skirt, and I'm wearing flip-flops.)

What a coincidence.

SteveP

wildchild

Carolyn

Oh, my.  Given up tights and a cape in favor of a skirt and flip flops?  

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Hi folks.

Lame - sorry to hear abut the DSD blow up.  I hope you still enjoyed the hike up Ike.

PBJster #1 and #2 return on Saturday after being monthers at  a camp on Lake Winnipesaukee.  Guess how many letters we received from PBJster #1 so far?  Yup - zip.

No running today - just lift, step and spin.  Sweaty indoor fun.

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Lamerunner}}}  I feel for you...that emotional family stuff is the pits...

{{{Jlynne}}}  What a drag!  Being injured is the worst....are you okay on the elliptical?  Can you do any pool-running?

Wildchild – that does sound like a lovely run!

PBJ – have you been going through withdrawal or kicking up your heels?

5 slow and gentle recovery miles in 73° and 95% this morning before taking DS to his orthodontist appt.

My boss was not pleased that I was two hours late, although I had warned her about the appointment in advance.

“I can’t tell you how annoying it is to come back from my hearing to find that my paralegal isn’t here because, once again, she puts her children before her job and schedules their doctor appointments during office hours, something I never did!”

(sigh)

I was so angry that I reminded her that, since her son went to live with his father when he was FOUR, she never went through orthodontics with him.  She didn’t have an answer for that.

Inexplicably, she was very nice to me for the rest of the morning.  My boss has rheumatoid arthritis, and I suspect the reason she’s grumpy a lot is it causes her a lot of pain but she won’t admit it. 

My interview is Monday at 11:30am.  Now I have to figure out a way to leave work for it.  I was thinking I could use the “sick child” excuse, but after her reaction to the ortho appointment, I don’t want to have my kids be the reason I’m missing work again.  I hate having to lie, but I can’t very well be honest about it.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."