Masters Running

Family Reunion in Ohio and a 5K to boot (Read 180 times)

Henrun

We just returned from Ohio (midway between Dayton and Cincinnati) where my daughter and family live. It was my grandson's 16 th birthday and his brother belated 13 th (last week). My son had driven in from Brooklyn and we decided to spend a leisurely 4 days there. Of course we were greeted by the midwest heat wave. We had a wonderful time with much eating, talking and hitting the local festivals and the Air Force Museum in Dayton.

Once again we had to squeeze in a race. There were several during the weekend and we chose a 5K in Springboro. Marj had lived there for a couple of years 30 years ago and it has grown (like everywhere else). There were 300 runners and it was a fairly flat course in the heat and humidity. We met a lew local runners including a 76 year old who was still  running 8 minute miles.

Marj zoomed out ahead of me (as expected) and finished in 29:51 to win the 60+ division-she was the only one in that age group. However, She would have won the 50+ division and placed in the 40+ group.

I did my usual slow run and finished in 35:09 -2nd to the speedy 76 year old. I would have place well in the 60= division.  In other words, there were mostly very slow times. So, we were quite content with our times.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d631b3127ccec781a700e1bd00000040O00BbNGTZqycMge3nwo/

Slo

Henrun

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Henry and Marge - I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you while you were in my neck of the woods, but I'm glad you had a nice visit and a good race for both of you.  I bet I know that 76-year-old you were talking about - is his name John?  It sounds like the speedy guy with the nice legs that Runningsmarter introduced me to at the Brookville race.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Holly, sorry we missed you but it sounds like you had a great time in Ca. Yes, that was John-quite a runner. A small world-say hello for me next time you see him.

It sounds like a great get together for the henrun clan.  The race was a nice addition.  You and marj did well. 

TomS

That's how you do vacation!  Nicely done!
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  As always, great running Henry and Marj and even better to share it all with family.

Thanks for the photo too!