Masters Running

Sat July 19th Outings (Read 357 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang Out with Mrs Roy and Woody, ( she likes me to take woody out with us) for a gentle 3 miler along a flat road. What a difference to do a flat course for a change. Hope everyone has a good weekend.... Anyway: 3m 34:16 @ 11:25 pace AHR 136 60% WHR Good runs all Roy
    DickyG

Thanks for starting us out, Roy...morning everyone...lots of good stuff yesterday... Karin: Welcome back...sounds like a wonderful experience. Didn't know that they named the rink after Herb Brooks...what a fabulous tribute. Were any of the peaks you hiked also ski areas? Thanks for bailing me out on the tee shirt resource..."One More Mile Running Company". Web site:www.onemoremilerunning.com/ Tom S: Excellent remarks about your stretching routine. Frankly, I never stretched until I ruptured my groin 6 weeks ago...now I'm doing 3 stretches before I go out. Twocat: After Saturday, you're gonna have two race reports to file...you need to take some time off work...first things first, pal...and, BTW, you're not fully compensated by Nike like the rest of us? Ribs: Never had one done, but certainly familiar with cath procedures.. they can provide a wealth of info. Don't have to tell you the long-term ramifications of blocked arteries...went through this with my dad. Evanflein: Golden Days celebrations sounds fabulous...I don't think it's corny at all. Run sounds fascinating, but tough...give us a report..and if you discover any gold, we get half. 4 untimed (thanks again to Wildchild) miles on the track this morning...didn't want to exert myself on the hills because I have to walk 18 holes this afternoon in our golf tournament. Practiced for about 45 minutes yesterday..my woods were all over the place...one of them hooked wildly into the jungle, coming to rest on an old overgrown gravesite...the headstone read: "Here Lies TomWhite's Password." DickyG
        Big grin

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Hill Runner

Good morning gang It's a hot & humid one out there today...mid-70's with humidity in the upper 70's..but just the way I like it Big grin 16.04 miles of hills @ 9:25 pace...I had planned to run a little longer today but stopped at 16 and walked for about a mile to cool down....no shirt & my shorts were dripping wet today. I'll jump in the pool after breakfast to loosen everything up. Stay cool today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Late report of last night's run. 3.7miles @ 10:08 pace, about 70F outside with a breeze so it felt quite nice. Will go out for hopefully 16 today, I might try first 7 slow, last 9 faster.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Dave59

I woke up trying to decide between a long run or a 5k race but neither sounded good so I went out for an easy 6 miles. I like to concentrate on form and posture on these otherwise purposeless runs. This actually fits in my plan I worked up for a fall half-marathon where I take it even easier than usual every other week. Next week I should be doing a long run for sure on the weekend.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

good morning boomers on the highlight weekend of this month's runningbarefoot festival so take you shoes off and let your soles feel some nice warm bike path pavement or smooth concrete for today's road category and get on the grass for a a block or two, . . . or couple of miles however you feel along with our 5K Bare Feet Trail Run.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Bare Feet Day!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

I feel great today. No swelling, no pain. Bandage is gone and I actually had a much-needed shower. Not supposed to do anything this weekend so I will take advantage of that order! Run well everyone. I will be thinking of you. Spareribs
                    Henrun

Ribs - thx for keeping us posted. let us know what you find out Monday. we went out for a slow 5+ following Marj's scenic routes - lots of big houses, some hills, and no idea of mileage HHH
                        A early 7.2 drippy miles in about 1:05:ish and 9 minute miles. It was 71 degrees but I was soaking wet when I got back. The brim of my had was dripping at a steady pace. Tongue Ribs, Sounds like you are getting things taken care of. A man in your kind of shape will be back from this faster than one might think. Just take it easy for now. DickyG, Good luck at club championships, I have not golfed in over 2 years after being a avid golfer for years. I have so many hobbies something had to give. Besides my idea of a great round included a cart and as many adult beverages as my handicap ( and that was high) . That's great but not good for my running schedule. Big grin All this talk about the Ragnar relays makes me want to try one too. Hydrate and run well today Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

8 cruise miles through my little village this morning...7:49 pace I have to do a little bit of work this morning,then I will ride my bike into town and watch the 3 on 3 basketball tourney for the local Raspberry Festival...might eat some berries too... I might even take my shoes off this afternoon and go for a mile around the local track for my good buddy Tet...
                          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                          Tramps

Karin--sounds like a great trip! Ribs--glad to hear procedure went well and you've got possible new options. Rest day for me. Looks like I picked a good one; it's gonna be a scorcher.

Be safe. Be kind.

dg.

Roy, Roy, Roy.....nice morning for the 3 of you. Smile. DickyG, you made me smile even with a photo-less post! Ribs, take care of yourself. I'm glad you're getting some answers, and that you're resting. Thanks for keeping us posted. Tet, happy Barefeet Day to you! I did get some Nike Frees. Not barefoot, but it's a start. I tried them thursday for 600 meters. i'll be another experiement. Interesting, more tech-free runs today. Wildchild, I thought about you the other day when I re-read the quote 'Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted'. I'm still connected to my polar by my umbilical cord, but you are all making me at least pause to consider..... I've been a little under the weather, maybe a sinus infection. Thursday was extreme-carp, (a new extreme sport Big grin)... 13 min. on the elliptical (doing that as a warm up now) a little walk, then just 3.3 miles. the usual follow ups. polar said 201 mhr. i can't imagine that's right. but I did feel crummy, so maybe. Took Friday off, still bleh today but I'm counting on a good run tomorrow so I've got one day to get over this. Today just house cleaning & gardening. I was just pruning the monster yews. I am a mess. Karin, I'm glad you're back. You were missed. Thanks for the great description, what a wonderful opportunity. great runs & workouts & rests & recoveries to everybody.
                                Great avatar Roy! Today's run was a just get it done run----74F triple Hs at 7:30 AM. I got through 10.4 miles at 8:44 pace. I felt yucky throughout and was so happy to see my street again. I don't think I was hydrated properly and just felt off. Oh well....grateful that I can get out there and next week is a step back week. Glad you are feeling great Ribs--enjoy the resting weekend. DickyG---The trail we chose to climb Whiteface follows an old ski area and you can still see some of the tow rope. There's even an old toboggan shelter near the summit before the trail crosses Whiteface highway. I took a picture of the kiddo standing next to it and he looks like a giant standing by a cottage. It was truly a wonderful time. Stay cool everyone CNYrunner/Karin MTA: Thanks for the welcome back wishes!