Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 3.21.18 (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Tuesday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (3.2 early, dark, headlamp miles + 1.8 post retirement party TM miles)
    Twocat (7 morning miles)
    Holly (7 TM miles)
    Fatozzig (5 tiring morning road miles)
    Tomwhite (40 min pool run, nb, cf, ris, paw)
    Anzlo (EZ 8 morning miles at freezing temps)
    Evanflein (35 min/4.02 miles on the elliptical after work + strength training)
    Falconfixer (6.5 lunchtime miles at 8:53 pace)
    Wildchild (sproinky 5 trail/meadow miles)

Good morning, Mike.

Tet, it’s all a matter of perspective, isn’t it?

Busy week, Tammy. Good luck with the Friday night presentation. You’ll be great.

Yeah, Fatozzig, side planks with leg lifts are a little tougher…

Good decision to move to the pool area, Tomwhite. Yikes!

Good weeklies, Anzlo. And good luck with the digestive issues.

Keep at it, Evanflein, and you’ll get back to ‘easy.’

Smart move to avoid lightning runs, Falconfixer, although they might make you run faster.

Good to know you are making recovery progress, Starr. Moving again after something like that is important, but also hard.

We dodged a bullet, and the worst of today/tonight's nor'easter is going to pass south of us. Sorry, Twocat.

I had a solid night's sleep last night (for a change), and even woke up late (almost 4:30). I headed out for a workout, and had something that felt like a muscle knot in my right glute at the start, but worked through it and had a decent 6.2 mi. RW workout. However, as soon as I stopped, I felt an exquisite pain in my right hip. After stretching, rolling, and lacross-balling, it was (and is) still there. I'm trusting that it'll work itself out as the day goes along. It was so weird that it didn't kick in till as soon as I stopped my workout.

have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Glad you are missing the worst of the weather, Jay.  Looks like a lot of flights are cancelled out of here.  We didn't get snow here in my county, but the cold rain has frozen in spots.  Dentist appointment this morning (permanent crown) which I'm not excited about.     3.1 treadmill miles this morning.   2.2 treadmill miles after work.   5.3 for the day.

Have a good day, all.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

26-degrees with WindChill and 2-inches of snow

this morning

will melt off,

but I think I'll call a ''RestDay''

since I got up at 3-AM for No Apparent Reason

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

4 miles in a wet, non-accumulating snow this morning.

Work is getting in the way of life.......

Thanks for getting us started, Jay.  Hope that hip behaves.

As it so often can.

10 min on the bike this a.m., followed by 45 min of core/ST.  I'm slowly working my way back to tolerating the bike. So far, so good.

My knees were not happy after yesterday's run, then it dawned on me to look at my shoe mileage.  For whatever reason, I can't get more than 200 to 250 miles out of a pair of shoes.  Time for a new pair!

Happy Wednesday, friends ~~

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

No doubt!  This is the busiest month for end-of-month deadlines that I have had since November (when I went out of my mind) and on top of  that I am in Columbus for the next two days for a conference, and am trying to get ready for my vacation that begins 3/31.  I am about to run screaming for the hills.

Snow day for DD today, but a lot of it is melting now as the temps hover in the mid-30's.  Refreeze tonight will make tomorrow's commute fun

5.1 miles on the TM this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

that's not much mileage Leslie. Have you ever tried getting new insoles to get more life out of your running shoes? 

Will try to get in a run after work tonight. Sports Banquet last night and Senior parent meeting tomorrow night, so really need to squeeze in a run today.

Tammy

Henrun

2 miles early this morning as the nor’easter slowly moves this way. Forecasts keep changing but we’re not going to be hit as badly as areas south of here, especially NYC..

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I had a solid night's sleep last night (for a change), and even woke up late (almost 4:30). I headed out for a workout, and had something that felt like a muscle knot in my right glute at the start, but worked through it and had a decent 6.2 mi. RW workout. However, as soon as I stopped, I felt an exquisite pain in my right hip. After stretching, rolling, and lacross-balling, it was (and is) still there. I'm trusting that it'll work itself out as the day goes along. It was so weird that it didn't kick in till as soon as I stopped my workout.

Yikes, jay.

That's downright scary.
                    Has it ever happened before w/o explanation?
                    Maybe better see the apnea doctor as I had to do

or, the next thing you know, you'll be sleeping in all day.

Two miles + stairs
                    Used DW’s quadannual cortisone shot appointment for three more months of happy tennis for her as an excuse for two sunny miles back-and-forth to her doctor’s office under more-and-more pink cherry blossoms all over the place also enjoying the first days of spring in the great PNW too plus up/down the 305 stairs I’m getting to kind of like 

Apnea
                    Erika - except for nightly dreaming that seems to increase more-and-more the older I get (and that I can usually remember when I wake up one-or-two, occasionally three, times in the middle of the night and then go right back to sleep), because I think I’m sleeping even more than the seven hours they calculated too just fine, when I first read the apnea results, I vowed I’d never go the CPAP route likely to be recommended at a follow-up appointment a week from today but, what-the-heck, with Grandfather Medicare and what’s applicable from the state retirement plan paying for it all, I’ll pretend I don’t care and give it a try. So much for another vow. 

Holy Tetsujin Reruns Batman!

Golden Oldies  -  Thanks Steve, ;. . . .I think.
                    I’ve been called a lot of things over the years but never anything even close to what I'm hearing every-once-in-a-while between friends herein.  Much appreciated, especially since it applies so much more to everyone else I regard so highly. I’m very lucky to have all your friendships and all of us have each other too.  Maybe change us to the Golden Heart Club.  Doesn’t matter, though, ‘cause we are anyway.  

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

spacityrunner

Well it was snow when I started out but then it turned to sleet and then rain...and they say it'll go back to snow...3.2 miles in sloppy slushy slippery conditions. Feels like 24f but it felt good to get out and get some running done!

Trails Rock!

pfriese

After missing my Monday run due to brutal windy conditions, I was able to run 10.5 miles yesterday. So, today I made up the 8 mile run I missed on Monday.

Paul

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet - After my DH got his C-Pap, he really noticed how much more rested he was.  I hope you have the same response.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Jay - hope that hip pain has alleviated during the day

I worked another double shift yesterday unexpectedly -- had to get to the Fenway garage to get my car out before 10pm and get it to the hospital garage, but I failed!! I tried calling to say I'd be there a little late, but I must have had an old phone number. I even ran hard as I could from about Children's Hospital to Fenway, but the garage was closed. Fortunately there was another number on the door and when I called someone answered right away. It took about 10 minutes for someone to get to me from one of the other MASCO garages, but at least they helped me out. I drove back to the hospital and worked until 11:40 pm -- so over a 16 hour shift!!  I usually don't stay late on Mon or Tues unless I know ahead of time and can park at the hospital because of this - all the other nights, the garage stays open much later!!

Had a great run this morning -- 4.6 with a friend, then continued on to total 12.2 -- my longest run since MCM training and it felt great!!

Unfortunately, I didn't leave myself time to stretch after and rushed off to get my hair beautified!! Then came home and cooked a bunch of food!!

Happy Wednesday, Happy Spring my friends!! I hope we get some springlike weather here in the Northeast some day soon!!

denise

Our weekly nor'easter has arrived. That landed me on the elliptical for an hour. DW stayed home to work which was nice.

If you read about somebody in a university IT department that has met a sudden (if well earned) death, I might need a place to hide. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

3.8 @ 7:51

I took an unplanned WEEK off. Last Thursday was planned, as a recovery day from speedwork. Friday was a "wth" day because I'd planned to get miles in on the weekend, Saturday my project took longer than planned and butted up against St P's day supply-getting and making the house presentable for guests, Sunday I went back to my project but left after a few hours because I didn't feel well, and spent the rest of the day and most of Monday sick in bed; too bad off to even watch TV. Tuesday off because I still wasn't feeling right, and I almost bagged today, too. As usual, a run cleared my head and I feel better after than before. Looking back, I was kind of dizzy on my runs last week, but the immobility of illness didn't hit me until Sunday. St P's day festivities couldn't have helped, either! ;-)

We have a bug going around here (SF Bay Area), the boy stayed home from school Friday and Monday; but he has a hacking cough, I don't have that.

Weather: we're experiencing a Pineapple Express, warm and rainy. I almost felt like stripping off my shirt on today's run. The reports of "mid to upper 50's" are off by at least 10 degrees, at least where I run.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying