Masters Running

Wednesday May 25 Daily - Quick Someone Check the New Hampshire Press! (Read 39 times)

It is nearly 10am and I am starting the daily. I am worried that the contentious meeting coastwalker went to yesterday turned violent and . . . and . . . oh I just cannot contemplate it! Waaaaaaa!  I think, I think, sniff, sniff, I think  . . .  I think coastwalker might have been MURDERED! Yes, murdered I tell you! How else is it that I am starting the daily? I checked Google news and there was nothing about a New Hampshire homicide, but maybe someone with access to local press can, you know, double check.

deez4boyz well I can certainly sympathize with it being hard to post when you cannot run.

evanflein I too wish there were more RA get together events. They are fun. Plus it really shows why FB is not a good substitute for RA. On FB you never "meet" people scattered randomly around the country and get to know their virtual personalities well enough to think a face-to-face meeting at a race would be fun. That only happens in a place like this forum.

Mariposai I have seen the canyons where you are, they are beautiful. But they do make tough runs!

A for me I managed a 7 mile run along a route I have not done in years. It is just an offshoot of a shorter run I do regularly. Still, seeing even a mile I have not ventured along in some time was fun. Before heading out I tried to get my Sensoria anklet to work. This time it did not even make it out of the house before dropping the connection. I tried reconnecting it a few times. Same result each time. It would connect, then drop in a minute or two. So far this thing looks to be expensive, ugly, uncomfortable ankle jewelry.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

..........ok, since we have a Mystery on our hands, the next Logical Question is >>>>Who Dunnit???

Pickles is Not A Suspect, since her Cooking usually Catches Fire when Mailed

=============

..but I digress........

3rd 60-min work-out at Greenway in Knoxville

DD2 ''Modified My Gear'' last night

by driving into my trekking poles

Ironically, the Weight Distribution seems to be Improved

.............good running guys

-

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

It is nearly 10am and I am starting the daily. I am worried that the contentious meeting coastwalker went to yesterday turned violent and . . . and . . . oh I just cannot contemplate it! Waaaaaaa!  I think, I think, sniff, sniff, I think  . . .  I think coastwalker might have been MURDERED! Yes, murdered I tell you! How else is it that I am starting the daily? 

This is what I love about Twocat. He always takes such a calm and measured approach to the variabilities of life...  

Heading to the hotel treadmill for a short run, then off to lunch and meetings with our new life insurance company. We did a three-part RFP for benefits this year, thinking we'd maybe change one vendor but no, we're doing three implementations before mid-June so it's kind of hectic at work. Good thing I'm available by e-mail and now on-site location while on leave... wait... is that a good thing?

mrrun

Wait there's a strange sound in our plane - is cw trying to escape????

Henrun

I'm really enjoying the thread this am even as a non-runner(temporary I hope) as we await take-off to Washington on this beautiful warm day.

wildchild

Carolyn

Twocat, you're right about the differences between RA and FB - I use FB mostly to connect with my local running friends, as well as family, but RA has let me get to know all of you wonderful people from all over the country!  And RA meetups are wonderful!  We share a lot of stuff here about our daily lives that we'd never share on FB.

Deez, my sympathies!  I'm not running much  now either, and it's so hard!  Every time I ramp up my running, my knee hurts and I have to take a few days off, then I do it over again.  I really wanted to run the North Fork 50k on June 4, but the 20 miler I did last week made my knee hurt.  I'm also way out of shape for long runs, but I'm willing to suffer through that.  But I'm not willing to suffer through a longer recovery for my knee, so the race won't happen.     Now I'm focused on getting better so I can do the relay in Oregon with the RA gang.  Three short runs should be much more do-able than 32 miles!

How cool that Mike made dinner for Erika and Peter!  Did he make omelettes? 

Henrun and Marj - have fun in DC!  I haven't been there since I took my DD's 8th grade chorus on a trip!

Don't worry about Jay - I'm sure he's just sleeping in today...  

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

. . . as we await take-off to Washington on this beautiful warm day.

yea!

Henrun and Marj - have fun in DC!  I haven't been there since I took my DD's 8th grade chorus on a trip!

rats, wrong one.

erika - quick, get some of that life insurance to cw

five cyclemuting miles before two simultaneous meetings

back-and-forth across the hall from each other.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Deez - Go for the MAT.  Seriously.  Do It, Do It, Do It.  It's the only thing that helps my sciatic nerve issue.

2Kitty - Never fear.  Coastwalker has GOT to be out there somewhere!!

TomW - 

Posie -  So much truth in that verse.

Wildchild - Be kind to that knee before it completely goes on strike.

50 min of stat biking this a.m. with 5 x 2 min increasingly hard sections.  My legs were sufficiently wobbly afterward. 

Enjoy your Wednesday ~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sayhey! MM#130

He does read mysteries and I think may know some shady characters........

....................................................................say, where's Ribs been lately???  And, more importantly, what's he been up to, besides NO GOOD?????

<cue film noir music...>

o yeah, keep forgetting, ran 6 again, a little faster than yesterday.

ps how come I only just learned today about the 4 Alarm chili challenge at the Pig?  5K & 10K Sat before the Sunday marathon.  That's so appealing.  Gasparilla USED to be like that but dropped the 26.2.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Pickles is Not A Suspect, since her Cooking usually Catches Fire when Mailed

{{{Deez, Henrun and all who are injured}}}

So what did Mike cook?    Awesome that you got to meet up.

Amy - chili before a marathon?  

No run for me today.  Some muscle in the back of my left knee is a bit tender, and I didn't think another rest day would hurt.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Yeah, did Mike make chili?

Here's the chili deal:

In the celebration of the city of Cincinnati and the Flying Pig Marathon, Skyline Chili is proud to present the 3-Way and 4-Way Challenge in the Flying Pig Marathon weekend of events. (The events’ namesakes are the Skyline 3-Way, a Cincinnati signature dish crafted from chili, spaghetti and cheese; and the Skyline 4-Way, crafted from chili, spaghetti, cheese and onions.)

----To complete the 3-Way Challenge, a single runner must complete Saturday’s 5K and 10K events, as well as Sunday’s Half Marathon.

----To complete the 4-Way Challenge, a single runner must complete Saturday’s 5K and 10K events, as well as Sunday’s Full Marathon.

I am so tempted.  ANd I love hot food.  And I've never had pasta in chili; any comments on the dish?

Say, maybe Karin kidnapped Jay to wrest all his RD seekrits out of him for the Hot Chocolate 5K in Northampton MA in December......

......the plot hottens up........

sayhey, maybe rubbing hot sauce into the sore spots would help, deez, Carolyn, henrun, Holly.......

Mike E

MM #5615

So what did Mike cook?    Awesome that you got to meet up.

Over cooked steaks and burnt onions.  But it was really fun meeting Erika and Peter.  It's amazing how well we have gotten to know each other through this forum.  Erika is exactly how I figured she was.

Dang--my boss's brother just walked in and he's talking to me as I'm trying this...I guess I'd better go.

Dave59

Someone get Angela Lansbury. She is good at solving mysteries in the New England area.

I ran 5.31 miles on the roads and trails up on the ridge at the park.  Nice views up there, but a couple short steep hills left my legs tired and my heart pounding out of my chest.  I've been taking it easy for so long that I wasn't ready for the challenge.

Sayhey! MM#130

Someone get Angela Lansbury. She is good at solving mysteries in the New England area. 

Excellent idea!

This morning, it was in the mid 60s and there was just a little breeze.  I did 5 miles at an 11:27 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS