Masters Running

Boston Monday - 4/17 (Read 42 times)

Dave59

I'll kick the daily thread off with a non-recap, bare bones post.

I have NBCSN tuned in on my computer.  The women's elite race just started.  Looks like it is going to be a warm, humid race.

Is anyone going to create a runner stalking thread this year?

I ran 3 miles this morning,  I wasn't feeling well over the weekend.  I ran 5 on Saturday but didn't like it.  Sunday I woke up with my right eye all puffy and hurting.  I was also tired and achy.  I stayed home from church and slept most the day.

The eye is still puffy but I felt good enough to get out for  short run.  I self diagnosed on the internet and think I have a blocked or inflamed tear duct.  I'll use warm compresses on the eye and if it doesn't get better I'll call the doctor.

Mike E

MM #5615

I'm watching the live feed and tracking a few runners but I will not be able post a whole lot, today.  I have got to start taking a vacation day on Boston Marathon Monday.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I think we have Robin, OM (Ester), and Tim V running, but don't remember if we got numbers to track with.  I do have the live stream going in defiance of IT.  12 mph for 2+ hours  seeing the side view of the speed is amazing.

And hope Dr Google helps, Dave.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Thanks, Dave.

I messed up Holly's 40/40 last week, so I didn't want to do the same with Jay's daily.

Mike--Sorry about you're Wild.  They're looking pretty tame.

Stumpy--My Dad was a big Canadiens fan; my brothers and I were Bruins fans.  Saturday was "Soiree du Hockey" night on CBC (usually in French), but we got to watch the Bruins on other nights.  (I still remember WSBK in Boston.)  Fun times.

I've got NBCSN on, too.  Fortunately, my boss is a runner and understands.  (The benefits of being self-employed.)

But why oh why is Des insisting on leading?!

Oh yeah, I ran EZ 6 this morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

pfriese

Humid but cool morning here, unlike Boston! I ran 8.1 miles around town, ready to start tracking Robin, Tim, & Esther.

Paul

Henrun

Ran 4.5 miles from home to the finish line before the marathoner came by. This has become an annual tradition since my last Boston 8 years ago. Marj and her GD1 cycled part of the route at the same time. Now walking down to the corner to watch the lead women run by.

There are two local folks that I know of who are running today Matt Kidwell (14747) and Karen Kidwell (1504).  They're the couple who puts on our only trail race around here and the recent run in the Arcata Community Forest for which I captained the bathrooms.  They're both amazing runners.

Enke - Keeping fingers crossed the job stays positive.  Like Erika said with regard to work load, be careful what you wish for!  Although, I understand.  I'd rather be inundated than twiddling my thumbs, especially if new to the position.  And I doubt most people born and raised in the US could pass the citizenship test without significant preparation.  . . . . .but I'd be hard-pressed to say no to the whole drunken prostitute thing. 

I'm going to give a workout a try this evening, see how things go.  I'm feeling like such a fat, lazy slug!! 

Enjoy the rest of your Munday ~~~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

I'm tracking about 7 local southern oregon runners this morning. all doing very well. fastest guy should finish in about 2:50 and our slowest (relatively speaking!) is projected at 3:54.  gosh, southern oregon has some talented runners!

I was a slug yesterday, Leslie. went for maybe a half mile walk with the dogs, but that's all I could muster up. Fell quite a bit short of my weekly goal, but this week I'll be over goal with my race on Saturday almost meeting goal, so I guess it'll all even out.

Tammy

Tramps

Be safe. Be kind.

catwhoorg

Labrat

6 for me.

Legs were sluggish after yesterday's intervals, but better than last Monday.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

2.6 before work.  Maybe more later on my treadmill.   Trying to track my friends at Boston while dealing with one "situation" after another at work.  How inconvenient!

2.5 after work while I watched the always uplifting (not) news.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I have to stay away from all news until later on. I have the Boston marathon taped and will watch it cover to cover, sans commercials and profiles when I am next on the elliptical. In the meantime I cannot look at Facebook, Google News or read people's posts here at RA. Sorry, but no I did not read your post today because you might have indicated who won. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

I only know one local runner, but I'm sure there are more. Andy Holland finished in 3:28:26 to take 40th in his age group, 60-64. Go Andy!

Oh... rest day for me today. My legs are tired!

C-R

Edna Kiplagat hugging her kids at the finish line was awesome.

That was awesome.

No spoilers twocat. Excellent race to watch. I am amazed at how fast these racers are.

5 miles for me today.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Sorry, but no I did not read your post today because you might have indicated who won. 

it actually wasn't who won who I presume you have never heard of and remember either but as much as who came in seconds and third pus how Kathrine Switzer did at age 70  and Ben Beach doing no. 50 at age 67 and an 80-yo in the mix too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)