Masters Running

Merry Christmas Day Runs - December 25th, 2007 (Read 730 times)

Henrun

Marj and I ran 3 miles along the semi-deserted streets this morning and noticed a number of other runners enjoying their Christmas day run. We ran long yesterday (Marj 14 and 12 for me) and are thankful that the ice has melted in these temparate temps of the mid 40's. Enjoy the day whatever your faith.
      I really like this log feature here. I don't know why I never used a web based log before, but I like sharing mine and I like looking at others. I still keep the excel log which has a bit more data, and I don't mind logging the run in both places.
      And I notice that your log shows that you have about 16 active pairs of shoes. How do you manage that? Smile Welcome, Tom! We had been hoping that you'd find us here. Big grin On the pagan festival comment: it was natural for them to celebrate the winter solstice. Not having our scientific knowledge, as the sun receded into the south and the days grew darker and darker they could not be entirely certain that it would halt and begin its return each year. Thus the festival at about the time that the solstice was reached and the priests could assure the people that the sun was indeed returning. No running for me today. DS got up briefly for breakfast, then decided he'd rather return to bed and open his presents later. He never was all that excited about Christmas mornings compared to how I was. I'll be running the next two mornings in hope of trying out my new YakTrax on my favorite trail route. Merry Christmas to all of you today!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Dave59

3 of my 4 miles run were on some very icy streets. I am going to start looking for shoes with retractable spikes. I'll pull them in on the dry pavement and extend them on the ice. I too made cinnamon rolls and coffee this morning. But I am looking forward to the day the kids finally move out and start their own families. Wink (Although it will be strange on the holidays.) Merry Christmas!

#artbydmcbride

Merry Christmas to all and a happy New Rear! Smile

Runners run

2.5 mile run in very nice weather. I ran in the area around my house which is quite hilly. I did OK though. We got a Mini Dachsund for Christmas. We got him last Tues. I would post a picture of him with all of the other pics but can't figure out how to do it. He's very cute though. Our last dog was 17 & we had to put her to sleep a couple of years ago. I had forgotten how much company & fun they are. Even though he's a baby & I have to get up in the night with him right now. I know you all don't know much about me but I feel like you are my friends because I read the posts every day. Hope you have a wonderful day!! Vicki
            RunsTheBiteroot

Tourist

Merry Christmas! First time posting on the dailies. Hope that everyone is having a nice holiday as Kay and I have. Roy was especially pleased to get his smoked butcher bone this morning. A special gift for me, Kay was able to go skiing with me this weekend, couldn't get her on the lift, but she did try a few times and spent the rest of the day at the lodge with friends, probably her best day so far. She wants to go again and perhaps soon I can get her on the lift. Larry
              "If you see a man running up a mountain trail with a fly pole attached to his back, you are probably lost"ldd
              spacityrunner

Happy day to everyone regardless of how you view these holidays. I for one gave up on Santa a long time ago, he never could find me even tho I gave him detailed directions. I enjoy the day for the silence it brings to this noisy city. Went out and accomplished a 3.11 mile run (yes, I said run Big grin) in 43:14 for an avg. pace of 13:52 m/m. It is exactly what I had planned and hoped to do. And, no pain. But, with PF I will wait until tomorrow and see if it comes back. I ran to the capitol Christmas tree and back. The streets were empty and the tourists were few. The bright sunshine allowed me to see all the way to the Washington Monument from the capitol steps. What a view. I will stroll to the White House Christmas tree this evening and join the thousands that will come out to view this. PDR: what a nice way to bring the holiday to your dad. Vista: Thanks for starting us off with such kind words. I am grateful that each and everyone of you share your experience here.

Trails Rock!

King of PhotoShop

How wonderful to see tselbs joining us, and the perfect day to do it too. His posts are always a gift to us all. Liz, fingers crossed your foot feels fine later today. Great to hear from you too Larry and that the ski trip went well. Vkay, we all know you even if you haven't posted before. I recall you from one of the other sites. No workout for me today; just enjoying family and cooking. We have a very good friend who works for Bose and helped us find these incredible headphones for my son. He was so excited when he opened the box and we kept saying to him, "C'mon, try them out!" He was so serious about it. Wanted to make sure that the first song he heard would be chosen carefully. Finally he selected some song called nessun something done by some opera singer Pavorini, or something like that. Anyway, I watched him as he listened. Then he let me listen. Many tears in the house today. The beauty of the song, the artist's rendering of it, and those awesome headphones, an ineffable experience. Thanks so much Pro. Spareribs
                  bap

Merry Christmas everyone! I hate to boast, oh, I don't hate it that much Yes 8 miles on a crisp, beautiful day in Central Park. Despite a wind chill of 34 degrees I was warm enough running in shorts, t-shirt and gloves. The light today is fantastic, its so clear. Pace/mile - effort Level 9:00 - recovery 8:55 - easy 8:55 - easy 8:40 - easy 8:42 - easy 8:30 - easy (uphill) 8:00 - easy 7:50 - marathon Total 8 miles at a heart rate of 135 bpm (75%). Considering it was my longest run for almost 3 months it felt great. Good runs, food and wine everyone!

Certified Running Coach
                    Crocked since 2013

Good Master runs to all! I had a very enjoyable 6 mile at 9:00 tempo pace this morning. Temp 50F fairly windy...keeps the flies away. I would say, "Let the festivities begin!" but they've already begun in earnest! Enjoy it!
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Went on a 1-mile walk with the dog. Took me 24 minutes. Fell down once on the ice (didn't wear my Yaktrax since I wasn't running). Black eye But at least I checked out the Garmin Training Center afterwards to make sure my 305 is working correctly. Tomorrow can't get here soon enough! I want to take it for a "real" spin.
                        millbot

Merry Christmas, guys & gals. I hope you have a peaceful holiday. I have appreciated your friendship and encouragement this past year. Smile
                            Merry Christmas everyone, 5.5 miles on this busy day. I just finished and my wife asked how the Au Gratin Potatoes are coming......UUUHHHH .......Welllll .......I forgot to get them going before I ran. oooops!!! It takes 1.5 hours to cook them and we are suppposed to be at the inlaws in about 45 minuts so I guess no tators at dinner today. Nice run today and I was just getting warmed up when I swung in the driveway. I really need to go for a 10 mile run in the next few days. Its been going on 2 weeks since I have done anything longerthan 6. Darn holidays . And to all a good run

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

you might want to know that I got PDR dangly earrings for Christmas.
                              Wimmen in dangly earrings are hot. Of course PDR is hot regardless. She would be my dream girl if only she would learn to sleep in. But if I had to follow her schedule, she would run me ragged in about two days. Dark Horse
                              I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                                5 pleasant miles at noon after the present opening frenzy and before the feasting. Today was a day that I was reminded that my family is fortunate beyond my daily recognition. Merry Christmas all! cfli Ribs, isn't that piece by Paravino?? I think he passed away recently.