Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 1.17.18 (Read 42 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Tuesday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (5 morning TM miles)
    Jlynne (5.9 TM miles + 25 min of weights & core)
    Dave59 (4 park miles in 1” of new snow)
    Deeze (6.2 sunny brisk miles with friends)
    Henrun ( 4 overdressed miles)
    Fatozzig (1 crutching cross-training)
    Holly (5 TM miles)
    Catwhoorg (5 cold lunchtime miles)
    Tomwhite (60 min X-bike)
    C-R (lunchtime TM run)
    Runr-nut (EZ 3.5 miles in 24° temps without cold weather gear)

Twocat (16 miles)

Lots of weather all over the country yesterday and today, so be careful. It's warmer here in NH than in NOLA and Dallas!

I'm glad things are going well with the new job, Mike, and hope it keeps getting better.

I went 7.5 RW miles at 3:50 in falling and fallen snow and 28° temps. It was fun to see all the critter tracks in the snow all over the roads. It wasn't fun getting little traction and feeling like I was working twice as hard to go half as fast. We have about 2-3" so far, and will likely finish with double that +.

Have a greta Wednesday.

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Nice to see reading recommendations. I spend a good chunk of most days reading for work so I sometimes forget that reading for pleasure --especially fiction--is a totally different animal. I need to be deliberate about doing it, otherwise it's too easy to turn on the TV and watch a little fluff.

A classic "wintery mix" today for my 5-miler....a little snow, sleet, and rain.

Be safe. Be kind.

3.5 miles in small, stuffy Marriott Residence Inn gym on treadmill.  Tons of snow outside here in Albany.  This was someone’s really bad idea for my work team to come up here in January (no choice, really).  Funny thing was late last night when we got here I took a look through the door into the gym and thought “oh good, there are several treadmills and the gym looks OK.”  Well, there was a mirror and, in fact, it was tiny with 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical and some weights.  Done, though.  This afternoon’s travel looks like it might be a problem.  We had a heck of a time yesterday, miraculously getting out of Nashville despite our snow, only to get delayed in Baltimore for 2 1/2 hours due to a mechanical issue.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Morning, all.  Another minor snow event to get everyone excited.

KSA--betting getting back ends up being trickier than getting out.  We have a niece who lives in N'ville after growing up in Rochester and going to school in Pittsburgh who has been posting her frustrations with the reactions to a little snow.

We had less than an inch on the ground when I went out this morning for an unintentionally nekkid run around the lake.  Evidently the push that I gave when I started was not firm enough, since when I pushed to stop at the end, it started.  Oh well, it felt really nice, I hit the dressing properly, AND I got to be first tracks on at least a portion of the route.  I'll suffer through entering it manually.  Not like I don't know the distance.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Good morning folks. 4° and lots of wind this morning. All of the treadmills at the Y were taken, so an hour on the elliptical and 25 minutes of weights and core.

Jay and Tramps - good on you to get out there in "the weather"

Safe travels home RunnerKSA. Hope all of your flights are on time.

Glad the new job is going well Mike. Isn't it funny how one hour can make a difference in your daily commute? Hey - I saw on the news this morning that Vikings apparel is flying off the shelves. And that they're selling "purple foam bricks" so that if the Vikings don't play well on Sunday, you have something to throw at your televisions? You could just borrow a cheesehead from Wisconsin. No one is using theirs right now   Anyway, good luck this weekend.

I'm cross training with a paint brush today. Our dining room table is in horrible condition, and I got a couple of quotes for $500+ to refinish the table and 6 chairs. I don't want to buy anything new, because with 3 small grandsons - well, enough said. So I've decided to paint and "distress" it. DH is worried....

Glad the new job is going well Mike. Isn't it funny how one hour can make a difference in your daily commute? Hey - I saw on the news this morning that Vikings apparel is flying off the shelves. And that they're selling "purple foam bricks" so that if the Vikings don't play well on Sunday, you have something to throw at your televisions? You could just borrow a cheesehead from Wisconsin. No one is using theirs right now   Anyway, good luck this weekend

Good morning all.  5° and windy here but supposed to get warm, like in the 40's, woo hoo!  Maybe I will even get out for a run.  MrStarr leaves on Friday for a mission trip to Guatemala with a dentist friend of ours. I hope we don't have any emergencies come up, but I know who to call.

We were in the Cities for the weekend and I checked ticket prices for the game and opted not to fork over the cash. We were driving home on Sunday so watched it on DVR.  Wow, we sure didn't expect that last play.  What a game!  Jlynne, cheeseheads would work, I suppose, but I sure hope we don't need them.  I really miss this cheesehead from Florida.

btw, I use www.picturetrail.com to post pictures and it works really well. I just post the "Direct Image Link" into the insert image icon.

Stay safe everyone out there.  This storm looks like a doozer for the South and East coast. I will take cold over the ice any day.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Henrun

3 walking miles this morning in snow and slush interrupted by a one hour discussion group. It was warmer walking home and therefore slush. Not getting as much snow as predicted- possibly 2 inches. Yoga this afternoon.

...welp, 4-inches of Snow and -11 with WindChill..............send stumpty's neice this'a way........

I have seen More,

but this'll do for now

x-bike day

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Nuthin' on this end.  I'll get a workout in when I get home this evening.

Watching the Weather Channel last night, I figured people in place like North Dakota were guffawing at all the emergency warnings in the South. 

Love the cheesehead picture of Amy.  Anyone know how she's doing?

Mike - So happy the job is going well.

. . .  I think today's is going to be an "Office Door Closed" day.  I feel the need to not be irritated by anyone. 

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

So, the mystery of the dogs is that DD got lonely in the middle of the night and took the dogs to her room.  When they heard we were up she put them back into the kitchen.  She has never done this, so it never occurred to me to check.  

Mike - I am so happy you are enjoying your new job!

I miss Amy, too...

KSA - I sure would hate to travel the way you do, especially in the winter.

No workout for me today.  DH didn't have to get up early because he had a dental appt, so I got lazy and slept another hour.  These cold and dark mornings make it easy to stay under the covers.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

.... so I got lazy and slept another hour.  These cold and dark mornings make it easy to stay under the covers.

guess if Holly can do it, I shouldn't feel QUITE as guilty.  Of course there is the minor detail that hers occur maybe every couple of months, rather that what seems to be weekly. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

currently -4 WindChill

.....Future Tracker Weather

says 60-degrees this weekend.....................ohboyohboy

========

..60-min x-bike.....

..........Be Careful out there......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

C-R

otherwise it's too easy to turn on the TV and watch a little fluff.

Right on. I still recall when my parents called it the idiot box.

3.1 on the treadmill at lunch but will be running 6 with the club tonight. Its up to 16. Its a tropical heat wave.

Good to hear Mike.

Enjoy Albany Karen. I was supposed to go there next week for business but was rerouted to Alamogordo NM instead. I think I got the better end of that deal. Any yeah, those hotel gyms are bare bones. Beats running in an unfamiliar place in the dark though.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thanks, all.  Downtown Albany in the snow was pretty, but I am so cautious walking in it.  I feel like an old lady- oh wait.....

So far it looks OK for the flights home.  Hope it holds.  I has not stopped snowing here in Albany since we got here.  It was sunny today in Nashville, but still extremely cold.

Glad the job is going well so far, Mike.     Yep, Norm, NM trumps Albany.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

catwhoorg

Labrat

11 on the TM.

I braved the cold enough to clear the snow off the drive (light powdery stuff, it just swept off with a broom). I wasn't about to go back out and run in it.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18