Masters Running

Best Wishes for our Tim-Bo! (Read 485 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Holly posted this in the daily today, and I just thought it deserved a thread of it's own so we can all wish him the very best.   Poor {{{Tim}}}!   He's been through so much already.    My prayer's are with you buddy!!

I got an e-mail from Tim (biketm) last night with some unhappy news.  After his great Tri on Saturday, he collapsed during a short recovery run on Sunday and ended up in the emergency room.  He’s spoken of his irregular heartbeat situation before, and that he’s on medication to keep it regular, but apparently his heart is having episodes of not “firing on all cylinders.”  They put him through a stress test on a TM at the hospital, but it did not go well.  He was fitted with a device that monitors his heartbeats, and scheduled for an angiogram this morning.  All this at a time when he has no insurance.  (sigh)  He asked me to post about it here, and to make light of it, but this is not the sort of news one can easily make light of.  But hopefully today’s testing will bring good news.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Good idea, Mary.  {{{healing vibes and prayers for Tim's heart}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

When it rains, it pours.

Here's hoping Tim has positive test results.  I'm also hoping he signed up for COBRA.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Boy, me too, Bill.

Tim, so sorry to hear of your latest kick in the butt.  Man, that sucks   My a-fib never made me pass out, but then again, I never did a balls to wall tri, either.  Sure hope they find what ails you and you can get back on the road again.  I think we may wait a LITTLE bit before we make light of it. 

Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

This is really bad.  I am very sorry to read it.  I too hope he signed up for COBRA but somehow I suspect not.    I have faith that he will be ok.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Joining in to wish Tim all the best and a speedy recovery/resolution. I was thinking and hoping COBRA as well...Good grief he's been through enough already.  Healing vibes.

Top 'O the World!

{{{{{{{{Tim}}}}}}}}  prayers & hugs!
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                  Extra prayers for Tim.  {{{{{Tim}}}}}

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mariposai

Tim, my prayers and hugs are surrounding you right now. Please remember you are not alone.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Hugs to TimBo!  I hope the tests show nothing serious.  You have 60 days after getting laid off to decide if you want to elect COBRA coverage - if you want it, you have to pay the premiums retroactively to your layoff date, but at least you'll have insurance.  Good luck!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

#artbydmcbride

Another thing to check on Tim, is that the current federal stimulus package picks up a percentage of your COBRA costs right now.  Someone I know gets 65% paid for.     Talk to your HR representative.

Runners run

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

you could also trade chronologies with me and get medicare.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

((Tim))  will be praying for healing heart

denise

evanflein

Yes, he qualifies for the subsidy and I don't think it's been 60 days (from when he lost coverage or was notified of loss of coverage, whichever was later) so he definitely should sign up for it. Holly, if you've got a "direct connection" to TimBo you should make sure he does this!

King of PhotoShop

Tim, I hope this all works out for you.  Please follow up immediately on the insurance issue.  Get whatever help you can from people who know what to do.  Spareribs