Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 03/15/09 (Read 342 times)

Have a great week, everyone! Totals later. And I will be out of the country from March 21 - April 7. Can someone pick up the thread for me? Dang - I forgot to do the totals! Here they are: Evryday - 36 running miles. Very nice, my friend. Keep up the good work! Eliz - 16 running miles + 3 walking miles + 2 episodes of strength/stretch + x-training in snow shoveling. Her own words: an awesome week. Big grin dg - 16 running miles + 34 biking minutes + 2.5 strength training hours + 2.10 elliptical hours + 10 rowing minutes. Nice varied routine. Way to mix it up! Erika - 52.2 running miles + 2.6 walking miles + many shovels of snow scooped and tossed. Quite the power running week. And hang in there. Winter has to be over soon! Dutchie - 52.6/32.68 running kilometers/miles + 2 upper body episodes and 1 lower body episode of strength training + 2 episodes of abs/core. >sending you lots of morning motivational vibes!!< pfriese - 6 running miles. finally able to get back into the game! slow and easy keeps you healthy. fatozzig - 12.85 running miles + 45 biking minutes + 60 strength training minutes. happy to be back on the trails again. :) pfriese="" -="" 6="" running="" miles.="" finally="" able="" to="" get="" back="" into="" the="" game!="" slow="" and="" easy="" keeps="" you="" healthy.="" fatozzig="" -="" 12.85="" running="" miles="" +="" 45="" biking="" minutes="" +="" 60="" strength="" training="" minutes.="" happy="" to="" be="" back="" on="" the="" trails="" again.=""></ pfriese - 6 running miles. finally able to get back into the game! slow and easy keeps you healthy. fatozzig - 12.85 running miles + 45 biking minutes + 60 strength training minutes. happy to be back on the trails again. :)>

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Thanks fatozzig. I'll be glad to pick up the thread till you get back. Safe travels. MTA,,,My recent bonk during long run and my overall lethargic feeling has caused me to modify this weeks schedule. Earlier I missed two weeks to nurse my shins and unwisely have tried to cram that back into my schedule. I'll be implementing a much needed cut back week. Mon.....rest........rest Tues...3miles.......3miles Wed...6miles........6miles Thurs..rest.............rest Frid....6miles.........rest Sat....rest.........6miles Sun...9miles........9miles Total....24 miles
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        Wow, w/e 3/15 already? Monday - looking desperately for my lost hour of sleep; stretching during "House" Tuesday - took the day off from work to rest and catch up on schoolwork; ended up really being sick, so rest Roll eyes Wednesday - home too late to run and still get to rehearsal on time, so 45 minutes of core work instead Thursday - ran 3.0 and walked 1.0 after school - nice to finish in daylight on a weeknight Friday - straight from school to NJ for rehearsal Saturday - my first-ever 10-mile run!!! plus the usual 1-mile walk Big grinBig grinBig grin lots of stretching in the evening Sunday - ran 3.1 and walked 1.0 in a light rain; legs feel pretty good, but this run felt best when it was over! totals - ran 16.1; walked 3.0; 1 day of core work; random stretching; first 10-miler makes me finally believe I actually can run Broad Street Smile Have a good week, everyone! Eliz Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Gooooood morning everyone, hope you will all have a great week! spring is definitely here. Temps are around 48F all week. Unfortunately with lots of rain. Mon...UB+abs....................... .-> chest/shoulders and biceps (endurance). Did really well today. Went heavier on most exercises and nearly all push ups on my toes. Though I didn't go all the way down at the end. Felt it mostly in my shoulders by then. Tue...5K run+LB .....................->10K TM run. Started out not feeling the love, but ended with 30min@9.5K (that's a new record for me) and the last 12:18 min@10.5K. Fastest 12 minutes I ever ran. Fastest 10K training run I ever ran too! Wed..13K run+self defense -> Did 6.5K on the TM today of "easy" running Tongue Thu...10K run+abs ................->4 hours of clearing/cleaning a rather small area in a bedroom upstairs where we've been throwing everything we don't use, or only use once a year or so. We've been filling that room for a few years now. And it's time to clean it out. Followed by two hours of running errands and 4 hours of studying. I just finished. And I've got an hour till bedtime. Guess that 10K run is not happening today. Fri.....LB....................................-> tough choice today: LB as planned or yesterday's run that never happened? Choose to run: 12K. Thinking I'll do the LB afterward. But though I was up and about at 4h50 AM, somehow time got away from me and it wasn't till 6h15 I finally started my run. What did I do all that time? Not really sure.... Sat....UB+abs+doggie run....->First back/triceps, then a 6.5K doggie fun run. Sun...2h45min long run........->no long run! Three days of crappy food caught up with me. Guess intense weight lifting and marathon training requires more nutritious food than soup, sushi and french fries. Who knew Tongue Something weird is going on with my neck. Last Saturday morning I stretched, you know hands over your head and just stretch out. There was this really bad shooting pain on both sides of my neck. Since then, when I wake up in the morning I can't lift my head without supporting it with my hands. I can't move my head from side to side or bow my head down without pain and my neck makes these weird noises sometimes. Other than that, everything is fine Wink Anyone have any suggestions what might have happened? -> been to see the doctor. Apparently two of eh, those things in my neck, what-ye-me-call-its, are sort of stuck. It's not a muscle thing. It's supposed to get unstuck on it's own. But it'll take some time. Kind a comes with age, he said.... Did he just call me an old woman??? Shocked Total mileage: 35K UB: 2x LB: 0 Abs: 0 Clearing shelves: 4x

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie - Ouch! No clue. Have you checked with your doc? Maybe you pinched something. Confused Thanks, Ev. Appreciate it. I'll give you a gentle reminder. Wink Mon - 3 Miles + Strength - Nothing due to stupidity of drinking and dancing Saturday night = very sore tummy. Roll eyes Tues - 5 Miles w/5-10 Hill Repeats --------------- 5 miles in 55:57, w/5 hill repeats Wed - Strength then 30+ min Biking ------------- 30 min biking Thurs - 3 Miles (listen to body) -------------------- 5 miles w/some sprint work thrown in for posterity. 10:06 ap Fri - 3 Miles + Strength ------------------------------- nothing, too tired Sat - 9-Mile Trail Run --------------------------------- 7.68 trail miles Sun - ------------------------------------------------------ 4.87 trail miles Running: 22.55 Biking: 30 min

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

pfriese

M - 4 miles @ 9:50/mile avg pace T - 5 miles @ 9:32/mile avg pace W - 6 miles @ 9:42/mile avg pace Th - 7.1 miles @ 9:47/mile avg pace F - rest day Sa - 8 miles @ 9:58/mile avg pace Su - 8 miles @ 9:48/mile avg pace _______________________________________ Total - 38.2 miles - Done Paul
                Ev - Enjoy a much deserved week of reprieve. Take care of yourself. Dutchie -How's the neck?

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

-> been to see the doctor. Apparently two of eh, those things in my neck, what-ye-me-call-its, are sort of stuck. It's not a muscle thing. It's supposed to get unstuck on it's own. But it'll take some time. Kind a comes with age, he said.... Did he just call me an old woman??? Shocked
                  For his sake, I hope not! Are ya talkin' about the vertebrae? If so, they get stuck?? Confused Cripes!

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Leslie: yes, vertebraie was the word I was looking for. I'm thinking of seeing a chiropractor. My lower back's been stiff since early December, which coincided with my TM running. Then there was the severe back spasm in early February. And now my neck. Think it's all related.

Dutchie

dg.

hi, late to the party again. Sun:... 7.07 miles, 9:48 pace. IRQ, river, sun, swans. geese but they did not attack me. I skipped the gym afterward.. a couple of reasons, but it was just too nice out. I've done some yard clean up, carefully alternating positions (when I remember) to try to keep my S/I joint happy. I'm not going to go back & try to put down the other days... just copied the totals from my log. Run: 18.0 Mi Bike: 20:18 minutes Swim: 45:00 minutes.... 35 pool running, 10 breast stroke. Weights: 2:00:00 hrs. Elliptical: 16:01 minutes not a stellar week... 2 days i had to leave the gym early, today Iike I said, zero gym stuff. at least my mileage is creeping back up. hopefully w/out setting me back as far as my hamstrings go. which reminds me... I should go do Leslie's stretches. Leslie, when do you leave? Did you say Australia????? How's your tum? Have a great time. Post pictures! Dutchie, I think it's all related too. Do you have access to a DO that uses OMT?
                      nowor

Back from vacation and still looking for the 4 hrs I lost last weekend. Oh and I found winter and hills, again. M-4.5 mi in snowy, slippery slush. Ugh T-Strength training and core/ball classes W-6 mi windy flat Th-strength work AM, yoga PM Fri-6.5 mi windy hills Su-yoga Summary: 17 mi + gym stuff. Leslie-Have a great vacation. Great job w/ the baton and now you're up and running again. Everyday-Woohoo now you have the baton. Dutchie-I'm amazed you're running w/ the neck issues. When I've had neck pain I've been in agony. Chiro definitely helped me. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. Keep us informed and feel better soooon.
                        Dutchie42

nowor: I've had neck issues since a car crash in 2000; Left me with a severe whiplash at C1, the topmost vertebrae in the neck. Took me 5 years to recover for about 90%. This is as good as it gets. So I'm sort of used to dealing with neck problems. Never let it stop me do what I want (to my neurologist's and PT's dismay). Though the intensity of my workouts and runs can change depending on how my neck feels.

Dutchie