Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 07/26/09 (Read 417 times)

"Yesterday is but a vision, and tomorrow is only a dream. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a dream of hope." (Anonymous )

I just realized I never did tallies last week.  AND I thought I started a new thread late Sunday.  Musta been the vodka tonics.   Have a great week!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest ----------------------------------------------------------------> Accomplished

Tues - 5 miles w/6 x 3 intervals -------------------------------------> 5 miles w/intervals

Wed - 3+ miles; strength training -----------------------------------> 3 miles running; 1 hr core/strength

Thurs - 6 miles w/strides ----------------------------------------------> 5 miles w/sprints; 9:27 ap

Fri - 30+ min cycling; strength training -----------------------------> 30 min cycling; 1 hr core/strength

Sat - 12 mile trail run ---------------------------------------------------->12 trail miles in 2:58:??

Sun - 10 mile trail run ---------------------------------------------------> Too frigging tired

Totals: 13 road miles, 12 trail miles, 30 min cycling, 2 hrs core/strength

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Ahhh Vodka will do that to you At least one of us had a great party Tallies are not important. We all know how much we ran/didn't run. Just a big thank you for keeping us going.

Mon .... 8.8K easy + painting walls ---> DONE

Tue ..... 10.1K easy + working in the back garden ---> DONE

Wed ... 12.85K easy + UB + painting door frames ---> Did the running. Door frames are done. Continued in the back garden.

Thu ..... 7K easy + LB + painting yesterday's dore frames again ---> painting is done, including the ones I'm supposed to do tomorrow. Thinking of repainting the doors as well. Things always snow ball when I'm doing this kind of stuff. Does that happen to you guys too? Anyways, also filled up the screw holes in my new french doors so I can paint them on the weekend. And I still haven't decided on the colour of the stairs. The walls are a light creamy colour. The sides of the stairs are creamy white. But how about the steps. They need some colour otherwise it'll look really bland. I'm thinking about a shade of taupe. Difficult to choose cause it has to go with the multicoloured floor tiles. Also sanded the doors and side windows early evening (before bed), dusted everything down and taped walls, windows and floor off with masking tape. I didn't run, but I'm tired!

Fri ...... 8.8K easy + UB + painting more door frames + sanding and priming french doors ---> Cleaned then painted the whole french door thing with primer. Couldn't go out for a run, cause the doors had to stay open and well, I'm not inviting any burglars by leaving, am I?

Sat ....  5K easy + painting yesterday's door frames again + 1st coat of paint for french doors ---> Learnt my lesson, so today I first went out for a very nice 8.8K easy run. Slightly longer then planned cause I wanted to make up a little for yesterday's missed run. Then (!) I painted the french doors, got the groceries and went to a nursery to buy some plants. .

Sun ...  3 hour long run + whatever I feel up to doing / want to be doing ---> 3:09:23 (25.24 kilometers) long run. Felt surprisingly "easy".

Total mileage: 65.8 kilometers. Not bad at all.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Hey Leslie, tallies are good but we know what we did.

Monday: 3.2 recovery miles on the hotel treadmill; .4 mile walk

Tuesday: Rest day, but walked a couple miles all over Seattle

Wednesday: 8.2 mile progressive pace run on the treadmill (dense smoke advisory tonight); .5 mile walk

Thursday: 5.5 miles with miles 4 & 5 @ 8:09 and 7:29 (weee!); .6 mile walk. Was smokier at the end than at the start.

Friday: 3.8 miles, recovery pace; .4 mile walk

Saturday: 6.2 miles, 8:37 avg pace; .5 mile walk

Sunday: 16.5 mile very hilly trail race, got 1st in AG with time of 2:19:48. It's off my PR by more than 6 minutes. 

Totals: 43.4 miles running, 4.4 miles walking

dg.

we know what we did.

we do??? 

Well, some of us have a slight recollection . . . .

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

This is an "off" week and also a recovery week.

Therefore I'm not going to even list the plan just the results with some possibly snarky commentary.

M - Went to beach (which involved all sorts of struggling with my 2.5 yr old who normally walks to/from...gggrrr)

T - Ran 4

W- Went to beach (same as Monday. He's banned from the beach until Bayside is back)

T-20 min slideboarding (supposed to be done last night, but 2.5 yr old son uncooperative about falling asleep) 3 mi running barefoot on the sand. (Thanks to my sis and BIL who babysat while here on vaca)

F- 2.75 mi tm run, 25 min. yoga, 25 min strength/stretch (whoa, I got it all in)

S- 4  mi run

S - 30 min strength/stretch, 6.25 mi running

Totals:  20 min slideboarding, 80 min strength/stretch/yoga,  20 mi running

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Thanks, Leslie.  I was traveling and didn't finish posting my stuff for last week, but the after effects of the bike somersault are still keeping me from running.

Monday - up at 3:30 a.m. to fly to Chicago; all day in a conference; walked around Navy Pier in the evening

Tuesday - conference all day; walked a little at lunch; walked to Grant Park and back to Navy Pier area in the evening

Wednesday - rented a bike and took a leisurely ride along Lake Michigan - about 12 miles altogether, I think; tromped around Michigan Avenue in the afternoon; flew home in the evening

Thursday - errands and appointments in PA; hip still hurting too much to try running; almost 2 weeks of no running 

Friday - back to NJ; kayaked 1-1/2 hours; walked from town to the boardwalk and back twice - still not up to running yet

Saturday - plan:  kayak/run/walk in some combination; actual - joined the gym on the island for a month; swam for about 45 minutes at a quite leisurely pace; kayaked 1-1/2 hours

Sunday - plan:  ditto Saturday; actual - ditto on the swimming, no kayaking

Really, really, really want to try to run tomorrow. 

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

mon.....rest.............rest

tue....6miles...........6miles

wed...6miles..........nada

thurs..rest...............rest

friday....9miles.......3miles

sat......rest..............6miles

sun.....12miles.....tree trimming, yard mowing, blah blah blah....no run

15 total 

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                    pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

M - rest day - done

T - 9 miles running & 1600 meters swimming - done

W - 4.5 miles running - done

Th - 11 miles running & 1600 meters swimming - done

F - 1 mile race (TATUR's Reckless Downhill Mile) with 1st in AG (6:26) + 1.1 mile warmup - done

Sa - 4.5 miles running - done

Su - 16 miles running - done

Total - 47.1 miles running & 3200 meters swimming - done

Paul

dg.

Well, some of us have a slight recollection . . . .

oh yeah.   I was supposed to remember something.  now, what was it??  

hee. this reminds me of a bugs bunny episode.  ..the one where the wolf's wife tells him to go shoot something for dinner and he keeps forgetting what he's after..."now, what was I chasing, an orangutan, a Mongoose, a hippopotamus,..no, no, no, wasn't a hippopotamus"...and Bugs says, "was it a Rabbit?"

dg.

ok, this week.  there's no reason to rush into these things.

similar to Nono, a cut back week.

Planned    

Actual

M  rest  rest.  
                           T  4.5 miles base pace,  4.92  miles 10.18 pace. 
                           W  1 mile w/u, 6X400 meters at 3000K pace, 1 mile c/d  done.  4.87 miles. actually according to plan!  abs still hurt, even before I started, hammies were ok except for the last 2 intervals. they were whispering at me.   
                           Th  opt. 30-40 nonimpact cardio, 1 set core stuff  12 min. elliptical.  a big mistake, my knee's hurt ever since.  14 min. bike. ., weight machines & stab. ball stuff.
                           F  1 M rec.pace, 3x1 M at 10K, 1 M rec. pace done.  5.62 miles, overall 10.08 pace.  knee hurt for the first time during a run. Sad
                           Sa  Fitzgerald core workout 1 set  prehab, fitzgerald, & yessis. 
                           Su  1 mile w/u ,c/d  @recovery pace, 5K tune up race

9.26 miles, 10:02 pace. yard work, & later reverse planks, assorted bridges, a few other things to combat lazy glutes.

totals... 24.7 miles running, 14 min. biking, 12 min. stooopid ellipticalling, 2 1/2 hrs. strength training.

thanks Leslie! 

Dutchie, I love your week!   did you pick a color for the stairs?