Masters Running

Monday - last day of 2007 (Read 745 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! I don’t see anyone else, so I guess I’ll start today. Evryday – congrats on your montly PR. Fbgrrl – congrats on your longest run yet. Don’t worry about comparing, it’s all about personal bests. The only one we really race is ourselves. PBJ – good to see you, you’ve been missed. No run for me today: x-training instead: lunges L&R, one-legged-squats L&R, shoulder presses, bench presses, flies, lying hammer curls, butt blasters L&R, 13-minute ab/core video Back to work today, but not tomorrow, so that’s not so bad. I expect it to be a quiet day of shuffling papers.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

pegruns

Good Morning Boomers!! I'm officially a member of the 50's group now! Y day for me today. Eliptical, abs, arms. Can someone please tell me how I can put a picture on my name like you guys do? Happy New Year!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Opps Holly....I started a thread the same time you did Roll eyes I have to work today too, but have tomorrow off. Have a great day boomers.

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Tramps

I opened this thread first so I'm sticking with it. A nice low-HR (127 avg) 6.3 mile run @ 9:11 pace. Heavy fog made it dark and dreamlike. Afterwards, while stretching, I looked up and realized an adult male bald eagle was perched in our oak tree. A few seconds later, he flew off; huge and magnificent bird.
          Took an ice bath afterward. I didn't die. Wanted to, but didn't.
          Big grin, MS. Best wishes to all of you for a happy and healthy new year! We twa hae run about the braes, and pou’d the gowans fine ; But we’ve wander’d mony a weary fit, sin’ auld lang syne For auld lang syne, my dear, For auld lang syne, We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet For auld lang syne. Cheers!

Be safe. Be kind.

Good morning running ahead friends! The snowstorm here in Massachusetts pretty much behaved as predicted---6 inches of heavy, wet snow at our house this AM. The streets are pretty clear since the plows were all out early for the First Night revelers. They do a great job all day with activities for young and old and then a kids ball drop at 6 PM and a midnight one for the adults. I helped my husband shovel out the end of the driveway and dug out the mailbox...good lifting work (yes, with my legs taking the weight....not my back). Oh running! I ran 4 miles in 35:17 with 10 striders in the last mile as the plan for this week suggested. I even used my YakTrax since the whole route had a fine covering of good crunchable snow. Go for it Robin....today's a great day for them. The run felt fine and my legs are ready for the hard work of the week ahead. The rest of the day will include more shoveling, sledding, First Night venue visits in the afternoon and fondue for dinner. We'll actually listen to the BBC and celebrate 2008 then. I volunteered to take a neighbor to the aiport tomorrow morning at 3 AM, so I'll be snoozing while all the smooches are flying at midnight here. TIM----BE PATIENT----YOU HAVE WORKED TOO HARD---LISTEN TO YOUR CALF. There, how's that? Seriously, don't push and land on the DL for longer. I have been there and IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!! Happy New Year! CNYrunner P.S. Sorry about that Tim.....not wearing my bi-focals when I posted earlier! Yikes! I can't stand that I have to wear them, but clearly they are needed!!!!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning! In case I don't feel great tomorrow morning, I did the LT run today.... Strong legs today. That stepback week did wonders. 8.2 miles in 1:03:23 (7:43 pace) including 2.2 wu with Tory then 4 mi Tempo (7:25, 7:28, 7:32, 7:18 ) then cd @7:38, 7:52. AND... NO Soreness in the knee! This run propelled me over 200 to 205 for December! Life is good. Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #3309

Morning all Thought I would switch my post onto this thread. Last Sat 11 miles with great weather. Only problem was about 7 miles into my run my right calf starting hurting a little. By the time I made it home, I could hardly walk, and spent the rest of the day walking stiff legged. I ice my calf and just took it easy. Sunday morning when I got out of bed.....ouch, it was killing me. So I decided to see if I could ride my bike trainer. Rode for two hours with no pain what so ever...thank goodness, at least I can cross train till my leg heals up. OK everyone....please tell me to be patient and not try to run till the pain is gone. I have a tendency to try and run through pain Have a good day, and a Happy New Years Eve Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

anachrotech

Yes, be patient Tim. Sometimes there's nothing to be gained by pushing it. Lousy run for me this morning - don't know why. Took alot for me to finish, but I did. 4 miles in 44:40 Good runs all.
                    ........tim//.......like I used to tell my Newbies..... .''when you run thru pain, you usually make it to .......MORE PAIN''..... ..........and triple the amount of time you can't run at all........ ....................cross-train til you feel better....(many of us got Advanced Degrees in CrossTraining this way) ...and yes, it's easier said than done, while the Rest of the Country Drives to the Mailbox, a Runner NEEDS to Run..........we've All been there......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Glad to see PBJ posting yesterday. Here's good thoughts and best wishes to PBJ and his wonderful family as he mentioned recently that the Water Cooler Company was laying him off as of 12/14. 8 miles at GA pace with 9x100 meter striders. The striders brought the overall pace down to 8:42 which is below GA, but I ran the non-striders portions at the proper GA pace I think. This left me with a total for 2007 of 2040 miles, 68 miles less than 2006. I'll take it. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

31 degrees, a fresh coating of snow, and 8 easy miles in 1:08:00. I am getting used to all this free time during vacation but school is back in session on Wednesday. Beware to the kids I will be full of energy when school resumes!
                          Good Morning! 4.4 miles to finish off the year. Monthly PR 119.45. Yearly PR 1027.9! A Happy Healthy New Year to all.
                          bap

Morning/afternoon everyone. Brrrr ice baths! Dead I've lost the ability to run slowly. 4 supposed recovery miles at 8:40 pace, average heart-rate 134 - easy. Its a warm 48 degrees here with a little wind but there are hills everywhere Undecided Good New Year runs everyone!

Certified Running Coach
                            Crocked since 2013

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning running ahead friends! The snowstorm here in Massachusetts pretty much behaved as predicted---6 inches of heavy, wet snow at our house this AM. The streets are pretty clear since the plows were all out early for the First Night revelers. They do a great job all day with activities for young and old and then a kids ball drop at 6 PM and a midnight one for the adults. I helped my husband shovel out the end of the driveway and dug out the mailbox...good lifting work (yes, with my legs taking the weight....not my back). Oh running! I ran 4 miles in 35:17 with 10 striders in the last mile as the plan for this week suggested. I even used my YakTrax since the whole route had a fine covering of good crunchable snow. Go for it Robin....today's a great day for them. The run felt fine and my legs are ready for the hard work of the week ahead. The rest of the day will include more shoveling, sledding, First Night venue visits in the afternoon and fondue for dinner. We'll actually listen to the BBC and celebrate 2008 then. I volunteered to take a neighbor to the aiport tomorrow morning at 3 AM, so I'll be snoozing while all the smooches are flying at midnight here. TIM----BE PATIENT----YOU HAVE WORKED TOO HARD---LISTEN TO YOUR CALF. There, how's that? Seriously, don't push and land on the DL for longer. I have been there and IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!! Happy New Year! CNYrunner P.S. Sorry about that Tim.....not wearing my bi-focals when I posted earlier! Yikes! I can't stand that I have to wear them, but clearly they are needed!!!!
                              Mike, Tim....whatever, just don't call late for dinner Big grin

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Happy Birthday Pegrun!!! Out for 3.3 miles this morning in the fresh snow. All systems go with the 305 now - yeah!!! Tomorrow I'm suppose to run a 5K. Not looking to set any PR's - I'll be happy just to finish and start off the new year on the right foot!!! Smile Cheers!!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com