Masters Running

Monday - last day of 2007 (Read 745 times)

A nice get together with 12 or so running friends this late afternoon... We did an easy 6 miler complete with noise makers ringing in the new year, albeit a little early. Ended back up for cookies and hot chocolate. Happy New Year to all Masters and all runners everywhere!
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      I'll get around to an official RR in a day or so, but I ran a 4-mile event out on Belle Isle (island park in the Detroit River) late this afternoon, and did the best pace that I have done in a race -- ever! So a good way to end the year where every race was a PR. I think I might slow down a bit in 2008 -- or maybe not. Big grin And "all's well that ends well" is a good motto for 2007 in that we survived the CoolRunning meltdown and are (mostly) all back together again. Happy New Year, my frens!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

3 miles on the treadmill, 1% incline, at 9:52 pace. Aargh, my left leg was killing me, but I don't like running fractional miles. Then I switched over to the elliptical: 1 mile, resistance level 5, in 10:23. I would have done more but the gym was closing. I'm thinking 2008 will be a big year for me on the elliptical. I got an appointment for Wednesday to see someone about my left leg. Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
          Erika, Congratulations on your new treadmill. May you and your DH get many happy, healthy miles out of it. You know, a few Olympics ago, a female Alaskan runner qualified for the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials after running on her treadmill all winter. It Can Be Done. Dark Horse
          I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
          dg.

I'll get around to an official RR in a day or so, but I ran a 4-mile event out on Belle Isle (island park in the Detroit River) late this afternoon, and did the best pace that I have done in a race -- ever! So a good way to end the year where every race was a PR. I think I might slow down a bit in 2008 -- or maybe not. Big grin And "all's well that ends well" is a good motto for 2007 in that we survived the CoolRunning meltdown and are (mostly) all back together again. Happy New Year, my frens!
            Doug, that's great! wtg!! Big grin thanks, & same to you, & to all. Good luck Wednesday Tim. I was happy to hear Dark Colt went to the gym with you. nice run, evryday. only reading the last page. it's much easier that way. Wink. 30 min. walking on the tm yesterday, assorted other things. pt today. hoping for a great new year for all of us. injury free!

King of PhotoShop

Nice going Roch, and don't slow down next year. Just focus on staying injury-free and continuing your great improvement. Nice way to end the year. Spareribs
              SteveP

...yep, but on the Cumberland Plateau, we're expecting 20-degrees tonite........Cannabalism could break out at any time.. so if you get Invited over for Dinner====>>push for More Details////
                Pass on the finger sandwiches Rochrunner, I love Belle Isle!!!!!!!!! Well done on the run! DW and I had a 'back to basics" day together. When we first started hanging out, we used to go to the gym together and use treadmills side by side. This time, we were a few machines apart, we enjoyed the work out. Cause I'm used to running outside, I wore the lightest shirt I have. I won it during the Glen Lake Turkey Trot as mentioned in an old RR. It does not have a Batsignal on it and I should have known better. Our Moms tell us not to go out with out clean underware. It applies to Batman shirts as well. Now thousands know.......I'm sorry, I can't go on. DW is four Machines down from me in the stirt with Old Glory on the front. http://www.tv7-4.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=80237 4.25 miles 36:19 After, we went to lunch and a small intimate place. Went to see "Enchanted" Made each other dinner. Filet mignon, steamed shrimp, twice baked potatoes, glazed carrots, sautéed mushrooms and a pint of Dove Irresistably Raspberry ice cream. The New Year came in pretty well.

SteveP