Masters Running

Friday runs, shopping and such (Read 388 times)

SteveP

5 recovery miles with Tag. We stopped at the bank DD#3 works at and she got to show off the dog's tricks to her co-workers. All of them liked his Batman shirt.

SteveP

heh heh -- I can just picture it Smile

Recovery run for me as well: 3.2 miles, 28:34, 9:03/mi, AHR 134 (68% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Has anyone cooked a turkey in a oil-less turkey fryer?    We bought one this year and it is SO good - and all the fat drips away!!

5 miles yesterday with my neighbor in the rain.

6 this morning on my own.   Trying to clear my head and burn off at least a piece of pie.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

This isn't a running day but I wanted to acknowlege yesterday's races that were posted after my post.  Good racing for holly (and husband doing the mile walk), bobev ( half PR and wife also with a PR - Bob, are you new?  If so, welcome.), deez (and sons ran, too), and fatozzig.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Tramps

Nice trotting yesterday for a lot of folks.  (Walt--Wow!  You've got some serious speed!)

I wasn't up for the local turkey trot this year but they had a record turnout--2800 runners--which benefits the local homeless shelter.  Good to see so many folks out. 

I took a rest day yesterday and this morning my legs were sproinky and itching to stretch out a bit.  So I did 3 MP'ish miles as part of a 4.8 mile run @ 8:12. 

Enjoy the leftovers!

Be safe. Be kind.

Lots of greta turkey trotting yesterday.  Well done, racers.

Ran 3.7 yesterday and, in spite of diligently stretching, felt stiff and sore through this morning.  Postponed this week's 6-mile LR and decided to walk today instead:  3 miles in temps 10 degrees lower than yesterday and winds blowing around 20 mph.  It might finally be time to switch from skirts to tights until spring.

This is my 6th week back to running consistently since I had the flu, and I'm starting to get a little discouraged.  Actually, I've been more consistent over the past 6 weeks than since I started C25K almost 4 years ago, so I guess I was expecting more significant results by now.  Or it might just be that the darkness and now the cold are getting to me.  Just have to keep reminding myself that I feel better when I run than when I don't . . . . .

Leftovers for lunch - yummy - with mom then back to her house for more sorting and tossing.  She's moving into a condo with my brother and SIL.  She'll spend the winter with them and most of the summer with me at the shore.  As much of a pain that the packing is, I'm glad to be able to do it with her instead of after she's gone.  

Happy shopping, decorating, and whatever, everybody!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

SteveP

This is my 6th week back to running consistently

Yeah Liz!!!!!!!!!!! Every step counts sister

SteveP

Hang in there, Eliz.  It'll come back to you.  Just remember that each step you take is progress.

SteveP -   When do we get a pic of Tag in his Batman shirt???  Or just a pic of Tag period.

Rest day for me, and no "Black Friday," unless you count working.  I volunteered, though.  Thursdays and Fridays I work for one of my old bosses, and the last couple of months it seems either he's been gone or I've been gone.  And since I'll be gone yet again from next Thursday afternoon through Monday, I told him I'd come in and work part of the day today.  I'll be out of here by 2:00/2:30, so that's not bad.

Today's a rest day for me, and it felt oh so good to sleep in!  Although a cat fight erupted around 6:15, we kicked the offender out of the house, and I went back to sleep until almost 9:00.  The weather here is blustery, to say the least.  Winter has finally arrived!

Here's some pics from yesterday's  Turkey Trot:

Coach Bill and I are in the second row, toward the left of the picture.  I'm in the purple shirt and blue hat.  He's standing to my left (picture, right). The bald guy to the far right of the pic wearing #275 is Mike Pigg.  A former world class, world renowned triathlete:

Scott Pesch, one of the guys who puts this whole thing together every year.  It benefits the local cross-country kids.  Two are going to the National Championships this weekend:

And we're off!

Me and Coach Bill approaching the finish line.  My bad habit showing: crossing my arms in front of my body.

The Finish Line.  Don't know why the picture is so small.  I didn't edit or anything.  Love the sign, though!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Cool photos Leslie!

Eliz, I'm struggling too and keep reminding myself it'll come back. I'm frustrated because I never really took much "rest" although I've had more rest days in November then any month the prior year or two, I think. But I was always doing something: elliptical, pool running, bike, weights... But I feel horribly out of shape. Oh well, slow and steady, right? You not only had the time off running but the flu gives your body a major hit so you've got that to come back from as well. Patience, dear!

Thanks for starting us off with a Tag report, Steve.

I ran 6.1 yesterday, same route as Sunday's run. It was a little better because the bike path was plowed clear but I overdressed and got pretty hot and sweaty by mile 3... Temps are warm today, too, so it's really tempting to head out later for a few miles. Trying to not do too many days/too many miles in a row but I also hate to waste an IRC day for outdoor running! Argh...

Marathon Maniac #957

Eliz – it might just be the cold weather.  I feel the same way about my running right now – seems like I’ve lost all conditioning, but I do find that my running seems to slow considerably, and perceived effort go up noticeably, when the weather is cold.  I’m just not a good winter runner.

Leslie – I love the pics, and what a cute town that is!

6.35 miles for me this morning on the TM, starting at 10:20 and adding .1 each mile (10:20, 10:10, 10:00, 9:50, 9:40, 9:31).

Then DS cut our Christmas tree down and we brought it home.  

We didn’t go to any Black Friday sales, but we did go grocery shopping.  For the dinner party tomorrow I’m serving some of DH's favorites - prime rib (standing rib roast), twice-baked potatoes, salad w/balsamic dressing, walnuts, and feta cheese, sautéed baby carrots, crusty bread and goat cheese, and Tammy’s apple cinnamon cake, plus several appetizer trays with different types of fancy stuffed olives, cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, fruit, crackers and a new taste treat – slices of toasted rosemary focaccia bread with blue cheese crumbles and pear slices.  And wine, of course.  I think I better do a REALLY LONG long run tomorrow.  

Now my coffee's done, it's time to go decorate the tree.  Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

prime rib (standing rib roast), twice-baked potatoes, salad w/balsamic dressing, walnuts, and feta cheese, sautéed baby carrots, crusty bread and goat cheese, and Tammy’s apple cinnamon cake, plus several appetizer trays with different types of fancy stuffed olives, cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, fruit, crackers and a new taste treat – slices of toasted rosemary focaccia bread with blue cheese crumbles and pear slices. 

Holy cow!  Have you ever thought of starting your own catering business??  You're always making stuff that sounds absolutely, totally, heavenly (well, except for the goat cheese part ).  I need to go find something to eat now . . . .

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

SteveP

SteveP -   When do we get a pic of Tag in his Batman shirt???  Or just a pic of Tag period.

Tag after his last race

DW, Ginger, Tag in his new CHristmas shirt and our chicken.

Thanks for your Turkey Trot pictures.

The bike path is plowed and it's IRC. For some of us...IRC is along the beach during swin suit season.

Kewl picture of DS cutting the tree Holly.  I'll be over for dinner shortly.

SteveP

Okay.  Tag is just too frigging cute!  Ginger looks like she should be checking in on the weight loss thread.

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

looks like a quiet day after Thanksgiving for the RA board!!  good runs out there!!

tag is adorable!!

Holly - sounds like a wonderful meal planned for tomorrow  - your family picked out a beautiful tree!!

leslie - great pics!!

i hit the gym for a little cross-training:  20 min arc trainor, 20 min step-mill, abs and stretched!!

denise

Mariposai

Shopping tired me out to no end. We did the unthinkable and we got up at 4:30 am to go to the store  to buy the special buys. I got a new computer for a heck of a good price, so it was worth it all. I will refrain from telling you all the experience we had waiting for the store to open.

We are in Florence now and I have a "date" with the WoodsLady  for a run in the afternoon tomorrow, but first a run to the beach and on the beach is in order.

Go racers go!!!!!

Is anyone here feeling fater than yesterday like I am? Wow! too much good food and too little activity.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard